KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Deadpool Movie

Deadpool Movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like will get more scenes from Colossus in this movie then the other X-men movies.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 01:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Probably. It's the only way that would make sense for several characters, not just Deadpool.

They probably want to ignore Gambit in that movie as well, and just put Channing Tatum in our minds for that role now.

True another inconsistency with that movie and the rest of the continuity. But at least with Emma (and Moira in Last Stand) they can "pretend" those are different people with the same name.

You can't with Deadpool since they've kept the same actor as well Lol.

Once things for sure though, Fox have shown they don't really give a crud about continuity.

When was WO even supposed to take place? Didn't professor X show up at the end, same age as always? WO took place in modern times didn't it? That would mean no real inconsistency. Especially if they never reveal the character's age in either movie.

Last edited by BruhMan on Jul 14th, 2015 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
When was WO even supposed to take place? Didn't professor X show up at the end, same age as always? WO took place in modern times didn't it? That would mean no real inconsistency. Especially if they never reveal the character's age in either movie.

Think it began in the DOFP timeline, but ended up in the 80's (Apocalypse timeline). Yeah no point sticking to that as it takes no sense, and they've already contradicted it A LOT.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks like will get more scenes from Colossus in this movie then the other X-men movies.

That won't be difficult.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 08:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

True, it won't be difficult at all...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 11:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon

Wolverine: Origins took place mainly in the mid-1980's. It would fit, in Xavier knowing Logan has been wandering for the previous 15 years with no memory.

But they can ignore the events of WO with impunity, since DOFP has reset the timeline from 1973 onward, into something new.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 04:43 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Wolverine: Origins took place mainly in the mid-1980's. It would fit, in Xavier knowing Logan has been wandering for the previous 15 years with no memory.

But they can ignore the events of WO with impunity, since DOFP has reset the timeline from 1973 onward, into something new.

It's Deadpool's age that's the issue. Whatever timeline changes WO made it can't change Deadpool's age, given he was born before DOFP.

But then Deadpool might have a long life span.

Also they clearly changed Striker's age in DOFP compared to WO.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 04:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

They've already made so many contradictions that Deadpool's age should hardly be an issue.
Also I've seen the X-men pannel, barely recognized anyone. They recast most of the actors.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 04:54 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Kazenji

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 03:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this is gonna be good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 03:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Any word on if this movie takes place in the 90's? The music, jokes & references are all from the 90's

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 03:03 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Any word on if this movie takes place in the 90's? The music, jokes & references are all from the 90's

hmmm...that does make sense. Posh Spice, Salt n Pepa lol! i see it now. *slow moment ha*

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 08:03 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Maybe when he agrees to the procedure. But it would be a drag if it was all period based. These X-Men prequels should stop after X-Men: Apocalypse next year, and if Wade crosses over into X-films set in the present day, then characters like Weasel and Blind Al are just going to be so much older.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2015 12:27 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe when he agrees to the procedure. But it would be a drag if it was all period based. These X-Men prequels should stop after X-Men: Apocalypse next year, and if Wade crosses over into X-films set in the present day, then characters like Weasel and Blind Al are just going to be so much older.

Problem is I think they want to carry on the X-Men films with Macvoy/Fassbender & Co., rather than Stewart/Mckellen & Co.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2015 03:29 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Problem is I think they want to carry on the X-Men films with Macvoy/Fassbender & Co., rather than Stewart/Mckellen & Co.

It's easy to age them with makeup & such. They are already supposed to be much older men. They can keep those actors in their roles. I just hope the younger actors cast as the younger Jean, Scott and Storm can age into their characters.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2015 05:19 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 02:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just watched both trailers, as someone who hates ryan Reynolds this role was make for him.. Deadpool is going to be good... like the X-Men connection and clearly the film takes place in present day

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 07:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Colossus should also be good to see too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 04:09 AM
SamZED

That. was. AWESOME!!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 06:59 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You promised we'd go together. Are you cheating on me, Sam? Is this a breakup?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 07:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You knew what this was from day one, Stilt. We read the same book every once in a while then each get back to our favorite titles. Don't make this harder than it needs to be.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 02:19 PM