KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Deadpool Movie

Deadpool Movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chancho
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Deadpool movie is going to suck! Deadpool already left a bad impression from the Wolverine crappy ass movie! No matter how hard you try to polish crap, it's still crap!

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 07:16 PM
Chancho is currently offline Click here to Send Chancho a Private Message Find more posts by Chancho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

As long as Fox are invovled with this film in any shape or form its going to suck imo, Wolverine was the final straw for me.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 01:33 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ryan Reynolds on the Deadpool Spin-Off

quote:
Source:HitFix May 31, 2009

HitFix talked to Ryan Reynolds this weekend and asked about the upcoming "Wolverine" spin-off, Deadpool. He says he's "intimately involved" with the project:

We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible.

20th Century Fox has not set a release date for the film yet.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 07:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...It sounds interesting, mainly because I like Ryan Reynolds and I thought that I didn't see much of Deadpool - you know, char. dev. wise, before the crappy wolverine movie I didn't even know he existed - so, I'll be watching out for this. hope that it'll be good.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:40 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Reynolds said in his IGN interview-

"...I mean that you want to make him as close to the comics as possible. And there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make sure that ends up on film, but sometimes things are out of your control, things that you can't change. But I'm really happy, in these early talks, that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible.And that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-f*@k a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal. "

Sounds quite promising, if both Reynolds and studio want a close to comics DP...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:11 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If only they did that for wolverine.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

what the studio wants doesnt matter. what fox wants matters. fox wants shit.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:41 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what fox wants matters. fox wants shit.

Well when it comes to comic book movies anyway they do.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:58 AM
Mr. Toad

I don't trust Fox, but I'll likely see it anyways.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:20 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ryan Reynolds Talks Deadpool's Face And Character

http://www.comicvine.com/news/ryan-...aracter/138610/

quote:
I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way. To their credit — the studio’s credit — they want to make an authentic ‘Deadpool’ movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible.

He’s going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we’re going to give] all those answers that everyone wants. He’s going to have the scarred-up face, he’s going to be in the suit — and, it’s going to be incredible.

Sounds like they're on the right track, If only they did this for the Wolverine movie.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:30 AM
PRAYERRUN

Originally posted by willRules
I don't want to see extra powers in any character. It suggests that the writers are afraid there isn't enough story to tell with the power he originally had. That's a problem with the writer, not Deadpool.

I'm sure a solo Deadpool movie would be back to basics with a much closer rendition of the Deadpool we know and love. yes

Or at least it better be mad

Agreed.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:02 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamerr-X

Nice, prefer Deadpool over Wolverine anyday, so this should be a good film, hopefully I will see some wolverine getting his ass kicked...sorry i just hate wolverine

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:45 AM
Gamerr-X is currently offline Click here to Send Gamerr-X a Private Message Find more posts by Gamerr-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What do you dislike about him?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 08:20 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

One difference behind the scenes may help...
Whether this is being produced by Marvel, or Marvel Studios.

Marvel Studios was behind Iron Man & The Incredible Hulk. They were the ones in control, not the distribution companies (Paramount & Universal.) If, as a new character, Marvel Studios is behind Deadpool, that reduces Fox's involvement.
This could be the strategy behind reboots of Daredevil & Fantastic Four. Marvel is waiting for the rights to revert back to them, so they can make the movies without interference.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 03:23 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

As long as Fox is on it, it will suck.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 04:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah fox sucks alright since they also distubuted Alien and Aliens and many other great films.....

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 07:02 AM
Gamerr-X

why i hate wolv

My fav is Rorschach and Moon Knight, but my mate makes fun of Rorschach by calling him "Sockhead" and saying hes rubbish. And his favourite is Wolverine, so I hate him coz my friend hates Rorschach.

Also I just dont like Wolverine generally an the look of him.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 08:31 PM
Gamerr-X is currently offline Click here to Send Gamerr-X a Private Message Find more posts by Gamerr-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah fox sucks alright since they also distubuted Alien and Aliens and many other great films.....

They cannot not make a great comic book movies. They were even assholes enough because Watchmen was going to be very good and it wasnt theirs. So they pushed and pushed to to get some multi millions from it.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 22nd, 2009 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 09:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Gamerr-X

Also I just dont like Wolverine generally an the look of him.

Well what don't you like about him apart from what your friend says ?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 06:15 AM
Gamerr-X

personality, appearance, also dont really like x-men.

Just dont like his character overall really, and I think hes too overrated, but thats just my opinion.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:29 AM