KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Kenpachi vs. Sasuke

Kenpachi vs. Sasuke
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kenpachi vs. Sasuke

Sasuke wants to use a sword, he has to fight the most badass swrodsman ever.

Who wins?

Old Post May 15th, 2009 01:52 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I say Kenpachi wins.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:28 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Technically. chidori gatana should rip kenpachi sword in half seeing as their swords are not really especially durabile.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 15th, 2009 07:05 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Csdabest
Technically. chidori gatana should rip kenpachi sword in half seeing as their swords are not really especially durabile.

I wouldn't say that, not even close. Ichigo hit Kenpachi with an absurdly powerful strike that was enough to knock all of the buildings down around them. Have we seen anything like that?

The closest we've come to a strike like that is...nowhere.

Now, there are energy blasts like that. On a much bigger scale, to boot. Sasuke doesn't display any of those.

Strength - Kenpachi.

Sword fighting ability...

Kenpachi has been training his swordsmanship for hundreds of years. Swordsmanship goes to Kenpachi.

Durability - Kenpachi, by far. I highly doubt Sasuke could even scratch Kenpachi. Sure, he probably has more chakra than average, but nothing spectacular like Naruto or Jiraiya. If we are to assume that it takes Chakra focus on the blade, just like in bleach, except it's called Spiritual energy, then, no, Sasuke can't sharpen his sword enough to cut Kenpachi simply because he doesn't have enough chakra. I could be mistaken as his lightening technique sharpens his blade quite a bit.

Speed. This one is tough. I will have to go with Kenpachi only because he can keep up with the #5 Espada and we see Kenpachi fight rather fast. However, I wouldn't be opposed to Sasuke being said to be faster. They don't have flash step in Naruto. Still, he did quickly jump down in almost an instant..that was flash steppy. Hmm, this one is tough.

Cunning - Well, this goes to Sasuke. He is probably smarter than Kenpachi is almost every way.

As far as techniques go, Sasuke would whoop some major ass in that area.

If Sasuke, even anticipating with the Sharingan, can keep up with Kenpachi, then Sasuke will win if his sword can cut Kenpachi. If we give speed to Kenpachi. Ah, what the hell. Sasuke wins this with Genjutsu.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 07:49 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kenpachi would destroy most of Konoha by himself.

the difference between Bleach and Naruto in power is gigantic.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Originally posted by dadudemon
I wouldn't say that, not even close. Ichigo hit Kenpachi with an absurdly powerful strike that was enough to knock all of the buildings down around them. Have we seen anything like that?

The closest we've come to a strike like that is...nowhere.

Now, there are energy blasts like that. On a much bigger scale, to boot. Sasuke doesn't display any of those.

Strength - Kenpachi.

Sword fighting ability...

Kenpachi has been training his swordsmanship for hundreds of years. Swordsmanship goes to Kenpachi.

Durability - Kenpachi, by far. I highly doubt Sasuke could even scratch Kenpachi. Sure, he probably has more chakra than average, but nothing spectacular like Naruto or Jiraiya. If we are to assume that it takes Chakra focus on the blade, just like in bleach, except it's called Spiritual energy, then, no, Sasuke can't sharpen his sword enough to cut Kenpachi simply because he doesn't have enough chakra. I could be mistaken as his lightening technique sharpens his blade quite a bit.

Speed. This one is tough. I will have to go with Kenpachi only because he can keep up with the #5 Espada and we see Kenpachi fight rather fast. However, I wouldn't be opposed to Sasuke being said to be faster. They don't have flash step in Naruto. Still, he did quickly jump down in almost an instant..that was flash steppy. Hmm, this one is tough.

Cunning - Well, this goes to Sasuke. He is probably smarter than Kenpachi is almost every way.

As far as techniques go, Sasuke would whoop some major ass in that area.

If Sasuke, even anticipating with the Sharingan, can keep up with Kenpachi, then Sasuke will win if his sword can cut Kenpachi. If we give speed to Kenpachi. Ah, what the hell. Sasuke wins this with Genjutsu.

Bleach characters arent really that much fast. They abuse flash step. Naruto characters would appear that fast if they abused shunshin.. Pretimeskip already broke past supersonic speeds with his and is known to be leagues faster in Part 2.

Difference between those blast and sasuke chidori Gatana. Those blast are not ment to really cut through anything as more than blasting.Chidori gatan is specifically ment to slice through objects. Chidori Eisou managed to cut through a bijuu like butter thats supposed to be chakra of the strongest level.

Now is this an all out fight. Or simply a sword fight with no powers behind them.

Im not going to deny that the attacks in Bleach are devestating. Just a majority of naruto attacks seem to be more impact base rather than aoe.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 16th, 2009 02:35 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Csdabest
Bleach characters arent really that much fast. They abuse flash step. Naruto characters would appear that fast if they abused shunshin.. Pretimeskip already broke past supersonic speeds with his and is known to be leagues faster in Part 2.

Difference between those blast and sasuke chidori Gatana. Those blast are not ment to really cut through anything as more than blasting.Chidori gatan is specifically ment to slice through objects. Chidori Eisou managed to cut through a bijuu like butter thats supposed to be chakra of the strongest level.

Now is this an all out fight. Or simply a sword fight with no powers behind them.

Im not going to deny that the attacks in Bleach are devestating. Just a majority of naruto attacks seem to be more impact base rather than aoe.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Sasuke was never faster than sound in Part I. Zaku fired air pressure. That was how he attacked his opponents. And Kenpachi has shown in his fight with Nnoitra to be faster in movement than Sasuke by miles, and in terms of reflex, Kenny was the one dodging Tousen's blows as they made contact with his clothes.

2. Um, what? The entire point of the Zanpakuto is cutting power, Kenny's Zanpakuto has quite possibly the best cutting power of anyone in Soul Society we have seen, he casually sliced a building in half, and when clashing with Ichigo the shockwave sliced much more in half. Got a feat from Sasuke to compare? I doubt it.

3. If it is the latter, Kenpachi does not need his sword. Sasuke cannot cut him, especially using only his sword.

4. No, all of Kenny's attacks are impact based, he has no AOE ones.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 02:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Sasuke can Tsukiyomi for the win. I hate using that argument in this kind of thread but it applies quite well in this situation.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:35 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I vote Kenpachi closes his eyes and he defeats his opponent blind.

It worked before. smile

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:41 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I vote Kenpachi closes his eyes and he defeats his opponent blind.

It worked before. smile

Would he know to do that though?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:57 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
Sasuke can Tsukiyomi for the win. I hate using that argument in this kind of thread but it applies quite well in this situation.

I disagree. Tsukiyomi would be tossed aside by Kenpachi. It is called the ultimate defense, but, it should be relative. Sure, compared to the Narutoverse, it is ultimate. Just like Leo made the argument, it can't be infinitely strong as that would be illogical.

From what we have to go by, I would put it out of reach for all Nartuo characters.

Kenpachi is definitely stronger than Sajin. Sajin tossed an Arrancar (Poww) that I would put on level with Tsukiyomi.

However, since this is Kishimoto's universe, Tsukiyomi could be infinitely powerful. However, that seems very stupid.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 07:47 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Are you thinking of Susanoo? Tsukiyomi is the illusion. It's not an ultimate defense and you can't toss it aside.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 07:54 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
Are you thinking of Susanoo? Tsukiyomi is the illusion. It's not an ultimate defense and you can't toss it aside.

Oops. My bad. That's what I was thinking.

And, yes, Genjutsu makes it lights out.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 06:58 PM
danteiscool

Kenpachi wins this. Sasuke may be strong but not that strong.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:48 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Oops. My bad. That's what I was thinking.

And, yes, Genjutsu makes it lights out.
Out of curiosity...Why?

I mean sure, Kenpachi will not be immune to Genjutsu, but Genjutsu cannot actually kill who it hits.

Even after he weakens him briefly with Tsukiyomi(which is in itself arguable, no one in Naruto I can think of has damage soak like Kenny, 72 hours of torture isn't much) how will he actually kill Kenny?

Old Post May 18th, 2009 12:31 AM
dadudemon

Out of curiosity...Why?

I don't want to come off as rude, but aren't you totally forgetting about the absurd illusion hack that one of the character's has? Yamamoto was the only person who didn't seem surprised at Aizen revealing his illusion technique, but Yamamoto's "immunity" may have only been intelligent deducation only and he may have still been completely under the illusion.

I mean sure, Kenpachi will not be immune to Genjutsu, but Genjutsu cannot actually kill who it hits.

Even after he weakens him briefly with Tsukiyomi(which is in itself arguable, no one in Naruto I can think of has damage soak like Kenny, 72 hours of torture isn't much) how will he actually kill Kenny?

In fairness, the 72 hours of "torture" wouldn't be torture at all to Kenpachi. He laughed his ass off when Ichigo was slicing his skin all over. 72 hours would probably invigorate him and make him hungry and probably make him really really want to fight at that point.

But, yes, Genjutsu with Sasuke's most uber lightening charge to his "special" chakra resonating sword would probably be enough to cut Kenpachi.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 12:55 AM
NemeBro

I don't want to come off as rude, but aren't you totally forgetting about the absurd illusion hack that one of the character's has? Yamamoto was the only person who didn't seem surprised at Aizen revealing his illusion technique, but Yamamoto's "immunity" may have only been intelligent deducation only and he may have still been completely under the illusion.

In fairness, the 72 hours of "torture" wouldn't be torture at all to Kenpachi. He laughed his ass off when Ichigo was slicing his skin all over. 72 hours would probably invigorate him and make him hungry and probably make him really really want to fight at that point.

But, yes, Genjutsu with Sasuke's most uber lightening charge to his "special" chakra resonating sword would probably be enough to cut Kenpachi.
1. Aizen's illusions are perfect distractions for a character who can actually KILL Kenpachi in one attack. That is the different.

2. Exactly.

3. Why? Considering its feats are not equal to characters like Ichigo, whose cuts did not kill him, and when they clashed sliced several buildings in half.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:03 AM
dadudemon

1. Aizen's illusions are perfect distractions for a character who can actually KILL Kenpachi in one attack. That is the different.

2. Exactly.

3. Why? Considering its feats are not equal to characters like Ichigo, whose cuts did not kill him, and when they clashed sliced several buildings in half.

Ichigo certainly didn't slice through many buildings like that BEFORE he was able to start cutting Kenpachi. He just "focused" his reiryoku to sharpen his sword, remarkably similar to using Chakra to "sharpen" Chakra sensative weapons.

Chidori and seems to be able to go through anything, at this point. And it looks like Sasuke has improved lightening techniques beyond Chidori. They only exception would be rasengan. It didn't cut through rasengan.....

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:30 AM
NemeBro

Ichigo certainly didn't slice through many buildings like that BEFORE he was able to start cutting Kenpachi. He just "focused" his reiryoku to sharpen his sword, remarkably similar to using Chakra to "sharpen" Chakra sensative weapons.

Chidori and seems to be able to go through anything, at this point. And it looks like Sasuke has improved lightening techniques beyond Chidori. They only exception would be rasengan. It didn't cut through rasengan.....
You wanna know what else Chidori did not cut through?

Kirabi.

Who though durable, is less-so than Kenny IMO.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:35 AM
dadudemon

You wanna know what else Chidori did not cut through?

Kirabi.

Who though durable, is less-so than Kenny IMO.

I don't remember that.

Pics, or didn't happen. (because I don't feel like gooing through the entire fight, which has several story cutaways)

Old Post May 18th, 2009 02:09 AM