KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Would you recommend Star Trek: Enterprise?

Would you recommend Star Trek: Enterprise
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 10 50.00%
No 10 50.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Would you recommend Star Trek: Enterprise?
Started by: Mr Shindiggery

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

Would you recommend Star Trek: Enterprise?

Hey fellow Trekkers I have come to ask if you guys would recommend watching Star Trek: Enterprise, I love the Original Series and when I think of Trek that is the series I associate with it and I love the films, well most of them, my favs are 2,4,6,8,10 and 11. I also like Next Generation and love Voyager, what do you guys reckon and don`t forget to vote.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Old Post May 16th, 2009 05:36 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

only watch enterprise to see jolene blalock show some skin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
only watch enterprise to see jolene blalock show some skin

End of thread.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:41 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
Hey fellow Trekkers I have come to ask if you guys would recommend watching Star Trek: Enterprise, I love the Original Series and when I think of Trek that is the series I associate with it and I love the films, well most of them, my favs are 2,4,6,8,10 and 11. I also like Next Generation and love Voyager, what do you guys reckon and don`t forget to vote.

If you're a completist, then yes, watch it.

If you managed to sit through voyager without hurling a blunt object at the screen, then yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saintsaucey

It was a brilliant Idea that failed misserably.

The things they did right: Coming Up With The Temporal Cold War

The things they did wrong: Not ending The Temporal Cold War Well
Using The Borg
Using The Ferringi
Explaining The Reason For The Difference Between TOS Klingons and Movie/TNG/DS9/Voyager Klingons

Old Post May 16th, 2009 10:19 PM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I actually really liked enterprise, especially after it hit its stride around season 3. I just wish it had another season or two to cover the Earth-Romulan War and to have a better conclusion than the crappy finale it had or maybe even revealed who the shadowy guy commanding the Suliban was (I have my own idea...)

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 10:45 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Ditto on the Suliban comment. I wanted to know more.

Also, I loved Enterprise. It was very fun getting to see them from the "old days".

I really enjoyed TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise. I remember, as a kid, thinking that some things in TOS were stupid...overly dramatic, while other things were simply cool. DS9 was more of a soap opera in a Star Trek universe, but it had its moments and was quite awesome at times.

Here they are, ranked from least to greatest: TOS, DS9, Enterprise, Voyager, and TNG.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 02:06 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saintsaucey

Nope sorry it is greatest to worst DS9 TNG Voyager TOS and Enterprise
As far as the movies go it is Undiscovered Country, The Wrath Of Kahn, First Contact (JJ Abrahms Reboot) The Voyage Home, The Search For Spock, Generations, Insurection, The Motion Picture, with Final Frontier and Nemisis tieing for the suckiest treck ever

Old Post May 17th, 2009 03:21 AM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by saintsaucey
Nope sorry it is greatest to worst DS9 TNG Voyager TOS and Enterprise
As far as the movies go it is Undiscovered Country, The Wrath Of Kahn, First Contact (JJ Abrahms Reboot) The Voyage Home, The Search For Spock, Generations, Insurection, The Motion Picture, with Final Frontier and Nemisis tieing for the suckiest treck ever

First Contact was my fav Star Trek movie, still is. smile

Old Post May 17th, 2009 03:53 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by dadudemon
Ditto on the Suliban comment. I wanted to know more.

If there is ever another TV show, I would like this to be revealed as a premise-
In the JJ Abrams alternate reality the enterprise fails to stop some threat to earth like the whale probe, V'Ger or some other threat resulting in a disaster and some horrible future. Some future version of a familiar character from TNG finds out that the past has been changed but not the specifics. He turns out to be the shadowy figure manipulating the Suliban.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 17th, 2009 05:28 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

enterprise had its faults (using too many enemies from the regular series), but i still enjoyed it's best bits more than i enjoyed most of voyager...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

I liked Enterprise. Not as much as DS9, but I rank it higher than TNG (which is probably the second lowest after Voyager). It was an interesting take on the early days of Starfleet, when the cornerstone races didn't get along like they did later on. Sometimes they took things a bit too far, like with the Borg, but all in all it was pretty good. The crew dynamics weren't as good as in other shows either, but all in all I thought it was great. The first season didn't really sit too well with me, but what show is great in its first season?

If they had been able to flesh out the Earth-Romulan War (as they were clearly intending by putting it so close to that timeframe), I think it would have ended up as a staple.

*edit for grammar

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Last edited by Kinneary on May 17th, 2009 at 07:33 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:21 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

you didn't like TNG?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:23 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

It was a bit too crisp. Everyone got along too well, and the characters existed without any moral shades of gray. I liked the show, I still watch it sometimes, but I don't think it ranks up there with DS9, TOS, or even Enterprise. Enterprise could be bland sometimes, but man, when it shined, it really did.

That said, after Sisko, Picard is my favorite captain.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Last edited by Kinneary on May 17th, 2009 at 07:31 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:28 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kinneary
It was a bit too crisp. Everyone got along too well, and the characters existed without any moral shades of gray. I liked the show, I still watch it sometimes, but I don't think it ranks up there with DS9, TOS, or even Enterprise. Enterprise could be bland sometimes, but man, when it shined, it really did.

That said, after Sisko, Picard is my favorite captain.

in the early seasons, i think you're right, but i think BOBW marked a shift in the show, and it got a little darker after that...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:33 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

It did, season 4 and on was great. But the lack of character conflict made it just too unrealistic. Everyone got along too well. It was a flaw that, although was intended, just stuck the series into the lower dregs for me.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kinneary
It did, season 4 and on was great. But the lack of character conflict made it just too unrealistic. Everyone got along too well. It was a flaw that, although was intended, just stuck the series into the lower dregs for me.

well i do think you make a fair point, and it's because of that, that i prefer DS9 over all others. i do prefer TNG to TOS and Enterprise, though. TNG has some classic episodes, and some great characters imo...

If not for the amount of novelty or ferengi episodes, DS9 would trounce the others imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:46 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

I have to agree, they went a bit overboard with the amount of Ferengi on DS9. And yeah, TNG definitely had classic episodes. When I say I rank TNG near bottom, that doesn't mean I think it's a bad show by any means. It's still ****ing great - just, to me, not as good as the others.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 08:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol, i'd still have it over enterprise, personally...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 17th, 2009 08:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah, despite my unminor hatred of Will Wheaton's Crusher, TNG is the winner for me outside of TOS and the movies.

I concur on the quality of the movies being 2,4,6,8, 11 for me.

They really did break the odd number curse with this one.

On paper Enterprise sounds like a winner, but every time I watched it, from the second that Russell Watson started singing, my ears, brain and eyes bled in perfect unison.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 17th, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2009 11:49 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote