KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » No More Joker?

No More Joker?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No More Joker?

Heath Ledger was the perfect actor to play as the Joker. I'm sure that there was gonna be another Batman movie with Joker returning but Heath dies the next day so that's not gonna happen.

Is this the end for the Clown Prince of Crime to appear on the big screen?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 10:50 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I don't want a Ledger-esque Joker again. Let the man's performance stay untarnished; another actor imitating what he did would be stupid. I also don't think there will or should be another Joker in Nolan's next film.

I would, however, be fine with another actor playing his own version of the Joker further down the line in another Batman film/franchise.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 16th, 2009 11:40 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Heath Ledger was the perfect actor to play as the Joker. I'm sure that there was gonna be another Batman movie with Joker returning but Heath dies the next day so that's not gonna happen.

no, the joker will return in say ten or twenty years

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2009 03:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I would, however, be fine with another actor playing his own version of the Joker further down the line in another Batman film/franchise.

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 17th, 2009 03:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
no, the joker will return in say ten or twenty years

And maybe more evil then Ledger's version.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

All depends on how you define 'evil' when it comes to the Joker I guess.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
And maybe more evil then Ledger's version.

that will be something to see when/if it happens

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2009 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

They'll probably stick a random guy in an Arkham cell and label him Joker. Fanboys will shit and piss themselves.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:11 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What is it with you and speaking that way about Joker fanboys? laughing out loud

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Has anyone ever shit and not pissed?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:23 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
What is it with you and speaking that way about Joker fanboys? laughing out loud

I really don't know, haha. My college is full of them, and they milk it to no end. In all fairness, I think if I saw a quick cameo of Heath Ledger digitalized in any upcoming film of him just sittin' in a cell in Arkham, I'd like that fanwank.

Originally posted by Mindset

Quite hard, my good man, quite hard. For you see, the fecal matter almost always give the greenlight to the urine.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:32 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: No More Joker?

Originally posted by Nemesis X

I think Ledger was a good actor who played the perfect Joker. If another actor were to play the Nolan version of this character, then it should be nothing more than a cameo; perhaps where he provides insight into capturing the next major villain in the franchise. I think a good time for the next villain to make his existence known would be while the Gotham PD are transporting The Joker to Arkham in a Gotham Knight-type sub-sequal. Even a Harley Quinn appearance could be easily handled in this fashion; mabye a foiled break-out attempt. In this version of the Batman universe a precident has been set for the character. Bringing in another actor who plays the villain in a totally different manner would be self-destructive and non-sensical.

Try pissing just a few minutes before you shit.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 05:50 AM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I loved Ledger's performance and thought he did the best job possible, and has the best villain portrayal in any movie to date but no one actor is bigger than the Joker character himself, and if they can get an actor as talented as Ledger, I'd have no qualms what so ever with the Joker returning in the sequel, because he's a great character that I don't think we've seen enough of as far as the live action movies go.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post May 18th, 2009 09:38 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I think Johnny Depp could fill the clown shoes and wear the joker make up, I think he can pull off an insane character quite well big grin

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 18th, 2009 02:11 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinkin
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be an idea.

I hope he returns, I care more about the character than the person.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 06:49 PM
Kinkin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinkin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

Attachment: 1239302753189.jpg
This has been downloaded 105 time(s).

Old Post May 20th, 2009 08:15 AM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Ledger demonstrated that Nicholson's Joker wasn't the be-all and end-all of a Joker portrayal. That's probably the most important thing he did. He got people into the idea of thinking beyond what they know and use their imagination when looking at comic book characters in film.

Joker has been shown in various guises in the comics, and we've seen him in various forms on film. That won't change. I think there's enough space in The Jokers world to explore. Ledger went some way to opening people's minds with what could be done with that character. In fact, Ledgers take on the character went some way to make the comic book incarnation seem almost stale and overdone, so now it's up to the comics to keep up and start doing something equally imaginative.

Remember when everyone didn't "get" why Joker was wearring make-up when the first shots of Ledger-Joker were put up? Now it's generally considerred to be a far more valid and a far more interesting take (psychologically speaking) take on the Joker character, that makes way more sense and makes him far more human, and real, and due to who he is, far more terrifying and unnerving.

I'd love to see more talented actors doing cool things with the character in the future. I think Ledger's take went some way to actually start a very big ball that had almost stopped, rolling at full pelt again.

Last edited by Red Superfly on May 25th, 2009 at 04:22 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:19 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I agree with that entire statement, and rather than waiting until the next franchise rolls around, I'd like to see them get another actor to portray the Joker in Batman 3. Someone like James Franco....or Johnny Depp....or if they decide not to use a big name actor, get someone who was talented like Ledger but not well known.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post May 28th, 2009 04:58 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Ledger demonstrated that Nicholson's Joker wasn't the be-all and end-all of a Joker portrayal. That's probably the most important thing he did. He got people into the idea of thinking beyond what they know and use their imagination when looking at comic book characters in film.

Joker has been shown in various guises in the comics, and we've seen him in various forms on film. That won't change. I think there's enough space in The Jokers world to explore. Ledger went some way to opening people's minds with what could be done with that character. In fact, Ledgers take on the character went some way to make the comic book incarnation seem almost stale and overdone, so now it's up to the comics to keep up and start doing something equally imaginative.

Remember when everyone didn't "get" why Joker was wearring make-up when the first shots of Ledger-Joker were put up? Now it's generally considerred to be a far more valid and a far more interesting take (psychologically speaking) take on the Joker character, that makes way more sense and makes him far more human, and real, and due to who he is, far more terrifying and unnerving.

I'd love to see more talented actors doing cool things with the character in the future. I think Ledger's take went some way to actually start a very big ball that had almost stopped, rolling at full pelt again.

eh i find the comic joker much more interesting then ledgers. I honestly found it over rated.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 29th, 2009 08:15 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YodaIam
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm selfish and want to see another Joker even if Ledger is dead.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 11:48 PM
YodaIam is currently offline Click here to Send YodaIam a Private Message Find more posts by YodaIam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote