KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » No More Joker?

No More Joker?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

On the big screen, yes. There won't be another major Batman franchise after Nolan finishes(?) for at least a few years after. So at least 6 years. To be honest, I think TDK pushed the mythos as far as it can go, anything else would be redundunt. I just wish everyone else in the cast(As well as the directors and scriptwriters) had gotten the same level of praise that Ledger did.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 01:05 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I don't think more movies would be redundant, there's a hell of a lot more that could be done with Batman storywise. There are 70 years of stories to pull from.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post May 30th, 2009 06:37 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

It'd be relatively easy to carry on making compelling Batman movies.

The end of The Dark Knight has left Batman in a very interesting position. Seeing as people will now believe he is willing to kill people (only Gordon, his family and Batman know that it was Harvey), he is now at the height of his "creating fear" powers.

Most people think The Dark Knight ended on a bum note, where Batman is now on the run. The thing is, Batman is now more effective than ever, because he's now an even bigger symbol of fear in the criminal underworld. Which makes sense really because Batman only works if criminals are truly shit scared of him - it'd only be a matter of time criminals would realise he doesn't kill as they'd all end up still alive, but now they will all believe that he does because he's wanted for murder, so they'll be even more terrified of him, and think he's more than what he truly is, which was Bruces idea for Batman all along.

It'd be cool if they explored this aspect in another film. I'd love to see way more Scarecrow.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 06:20 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamerr-X

Anyone here seen Mock the Week? Here's a joke lol the Joker fans mighy hate,
Things you wouldnt hear in a Superhero movie

"Whats that Joker, you'll be back? Somehow I dont think you will be...."

For those who dont get it, Heath Ledger died and he was Joker in the film.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 08:33 PM
Gamerr-X is currently offline Click here to Send Gamerr-X a Private Message Find more posts by Gamerr-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gamerr-X
Anyone here seen Mock the Week? Here's a joke lol the Joker fans mighy hate,
Things you wouldnt hear in a Superhero movie

"Whats that Joker, you'll be back? Somehow I dont think you will be...."

For those who dont get it, Heath Ledger died and he was Joker in the film.

I'm surprised you felt the need to explain that joke.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Scythe
I'm surprised you felt the need to explain that joke.
lol

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:39 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamerr-X

lol

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:19 PM
Gamerr-X is currently offline Click here to Send Gamerr-X a Private Message Find more posts by Gamerr-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I want Johnny Depp as the Joker, dammit. I think he may be one of the only people capable of pulling off a performance as good as Ledger's.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 08:35 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Brandon Lee was the Crow, and he died ON SET, yet they made another Crow movie with someone else in that role 2 years later...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:20 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Brandon Lee was the Crow, and he died ON SET, yet they made another Crow movie with someone else in that role 2 years later...

First off, the sequels sucked ass (I actually didn't even like the first one). Secondly, in that franchise, the Crow was the MAIN character, whereas in Nolan's Batman films, the Joker is not essential for a third film.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 02:12 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
First off, the sequels sucked ass (I actually didn't even like the first one). Secondly, in that franchise, the Crow was the MAIN character, whereas in Nolan's Batman films, the Joker is not essential for a third film.

Actually, didn't it say Joker was gonna be a major part of the 3rd movie? In the "Nolan won't do Batman 3" article?

If it's done the right way, I see no reason why Nolan can't recast if he wants to... Will he want to? Probably not... And that's fine. If that's what Nolan wants to do, I support it...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 02:48 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
I want Johnny Depp as the Joker, dammit. I think he may be one of the only people capable of pulling off a performance as good as Ledger's.

Than make the movie you're self, other wise Joker is over with for a while.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 05:26 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Actually, didn't it say Joker was gonna be a major part of the 3rd movie? In the "Nolan won't do Batman 3" article?

If it's done the right way, I see no reason why Nolan can't recast if he wants to... Will he want to? Probably not... And that's fine. If that's what Nolan wants to do, I support it...

That article said that the Joker was envisioned as the villain for the third BEFORE Heath Ledger died. That article also said that Ledger's death really bugged Nolan, which is why he's hesitant about a third film.

I still strongly believe that Nolan won't recast the Joker. As someone who respected Ledger's work more than most, Nolan wouldn't want to cheapen his performance by recasting another actor to replace him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Another actor as the Joker in Nolan's Batfilms = no good, but in another Batman franchise helmed by a different director = I'm all for it.

I say we let Ledger's performance stand alone in Nolan's Batman films and quit asking for another actor to imitate what the man did in The Dark Knight.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Last edited by SnakeEyes on Jun 19th, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:43 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
That article said that the Joker was envisioned as the villain for the third BEFORE Heath Ledger died. That article also said that Ledger's death really bugged Nolan, which is why he's hesitant about a third film.

I still strongly believe that Nolan won't recast the Joker. As someone who respected Ledger's work more than most, Nolan wouldn't want to cheapen his performance by recasting another actor to replace him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Another actor as the Joker in Nolan's Batfilms = no good, but in another Batman franchise helmed by a different director = I'm all for it.

I say we let Ledger's performance stand alone in Nolan's Batman films and quit asking for another actor to imitate what the man did in The Dark Knight.

i could not agree more with you

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 12:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I see it both ways, If they want the Joker in it played by someone else, I'd support it [And I agree with most that it should be James Franco], but if they decided to rest the character with maybe nothing more than a cameo, then I'd be fine with that too.

If they don't go with Joker, than there will probably be a Joker-Esq villain, like Mad Hatter or Harley Quinn, but in a small role, and probably Riddler taking the spotlight as the main villain. As much as I would love to see Johny Depp's version of the character, I believe, as they have done so with most characters, they will cast someone we WOULDN'T expect. Maybe a big name, but not someone who would crack our top 5 "Wish List". They could get freakin' Elijah Wood to be The Riddler, and no one would support it, and then unexpectedly he kicks ass in the role. Who knows?

Interestingly, the new animated Arkham movie looks like it will bridge The Dark Knight and B3, and it features both the Joker and Dent. I think the end to that movie will make it a little clearer as to where they are going with villains for B3.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 04:14 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I would love to have Franco in as the Joker and Depp in as the Riddler, or Depp as the Joker if Franco isn't in the role. I think both would be very capable of capturing the true essence of the character, whether they do as good a job as Heath or not.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 05:34 AM
coolmovies

i agree no more joker

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:42 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I'm conflicted. There's a part of me that wants to see more of the Joker, and part of me that doesn't because not every actor would be as dedicated to pulling off a great performance. I'm sure actors like Johnny Depp, James Franco, Daniel Day Lewis, and Joseph Gordon Levitt may be, but realistically speaking, if Nolan does recast it's not likely to be any of them.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:11 AM