KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Who should the next bond be?

Who should the next bond be?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hugh's good, I'm sure he could adapt.

Clive Owen is a pretty good actor in my books, but he just doesn't have the Bond look or charisma. Craig doesn't have that look either, but then again he's apparently quite a few people's favorite Bond, so what do I know...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:26 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I just thought of Daniel-Day Lewis.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:28 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

He would be awful as Bond. Same for Jackman.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 04:16 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jovan
Moore was 58 when he stopped playing Bond! That is why the new one shouldn't be too old. If you look at Brosnan, he already had some grey hair in Die Another Day.

Roger Moore did one Bond film too many; he acknowledges it. That's why he was 58 by the time A VIEW TO KILL came out. It's his least favourite one.
And he was coming off a run of seven Bond films in twelve years. That's more than Connery, who did his first five films in a five year span, before coming back for one more four years later. So Moore was doing Bond for too long. I think any actor doing Bond, if he's not starting in his late twenties, should be limited to four-five films max.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 06:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by roughrider
Roger Moore did one Bond film too many; he acknowledges it. That's why he was 58 by the time A VIEW TO KILL came out. It's his least favourite one.
And he was coming off a run of seven Bond films in twelve years. That's more than Connery, who did his first five films in a five year span, before coming back for one more four years later. So Moore was doing Bond for too long. I think any actor doing Bond, if he's not starting in his late twenties, should be limited to four-five films max.

He shouldn't have done any Bond movies, they all suck.
I agree with the limits, but there are always 2-3 years between the bond movies meaning at best 8 years and at worst 15 years, someone who is 40 will thus end up being 55 in the last one: way too old!

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 07:32 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Placidity
I just thought of Daniel-Day Lewis.

Why?
Great actor, but he's 52 years old.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 08:22 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I am all in favor for Cleve Owen to take the role.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:57 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ComicsGoddess
Comic Book Fangirl

Clive Owen, unless he's too old by the time we need a new Bond.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:43 AM
ComicsGoddess is currently offline Click here to Send ComicsGoddess a Private Message Find more posts by ComicsGoddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

He wont be trust me.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 08:22 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I would have to go with Clive Owen, or Gerard Butler, or hugh jackman.
With those 3 you'd have to get Q back in it and actually have some humor in it.

Here's a fun one Ray Park he is from Scotland, and could actually pull of the stunts, but i don't think he has the finesse for that, but then again neither does Craig really. Ray Park would kick ass in the fight and chase sequences.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 01:17 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DarthLazious
I am all in favor for Cleve Owen to take the role.

Clive Owen turns 47 in October. He'd be in his mid-50's by the time the role became available. Time has passed him by as a candidate.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:03 PM
SuperLuigi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diddy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 12:16 AM
SuperLuigi is currently offline Click here to Send SuperLuigi a Private Message Find more posts by SuperLuigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

SEAN CONNERY!!!!! He can do what Harrison Fords done with Indiana Jones...with the whole - "I'm still awesome even though i started wetting the bed and shitting my pants again"

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 01:37 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Why Not?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 02:45 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

I've heard rumours that a possible choice, for the next James Bond, is Alex Reid- the cage fighting boyfriend of british model Jordan aka Katie Price. He has acting experience, as he used to be in hollyoaks, a british soap.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 11:00 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote