KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Dark Schneider VS Kami Tenchi

Dark Schneider VS Kami Tenchi
Started by: I am who I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Dark Schneider VS Kami Tenchi

There can be only one...who will it be?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post May 17th, 2009 11:47 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

erm

Old Post May 18th, 2009 12:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

C'mon. Who the hell wins?!

-Anakaris-

Old Post May 18th, 2009 09:59 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The one who is a supreme being.

Next.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 10:49 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Kami Tenchi is multiversal and omnipotent. He could end DS's existence easily.

God in Bastard!!verse was only said to have created one universe and he is way above DS

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 18th, 2009 11:20 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Omnipotent? Since when? And omnipotence doesn't have to mean, able to do any and everything perfectly all the time at the same time an infinite number of times. It has other limiting definitions that can be used and not be incorrect. Depending on if you want the guy to win or not.

If I were to argue on DS's behalf I could say omnipotence means, only able to do things in one's own nature or in one's own domain. And I'd be right ya'know. That def is in most dictionaries. Not sayin' you'de be wrong but I could abuse the hell outta that word for my own reasons. Not sayin' the "Tailor Man" is gonna win, I'm just sayin'.

"Omnipotence"...that word really grinds my gears.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on May 18th, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2009 11:45 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Kami Tenchi is about as broken and overpowered as L-Sama, if not more so.

Old Post May 21st, 2009 03:47 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

How could she be more? They're both god right?

Old Post May 21st, 2009 04:41 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
How could she be more? They're both god right?

So is Kami from Dragonball.

Kami Tenchi >> L-sama >> Kami (DBZ)

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:44 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Omnipotent? Since when? And omnipotence doesn't have to mean, able to do any and everything perfectly all the time at the same time an infinite number of times.

That's exactly what it means though erm

Dictionary.com

Omnipotent- adj. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. See Usage Note at infinite.
n.

1. One having unlimited power or authority.
2. Omnipotent God. Used with the.

Oxford dictionary- All powerful, infinate power

Last edited by Nephthys on May 22nd, 2009 at 06:43 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 06:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Check the other defs too, rather than post the ones you likewink

"HAVING VERY GREAT or unlimited authority or power"
"Having unlimited power of a particular kind"
(from Dictionary.com:lolsmile

"having unlimited or VERY GREAT POWER"

(Oxford dictionary:lolsmile

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on May 23rd, 2009 at 08:16 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 08:03 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
"having unlimited or VERY GREAT POWER"

(Oxford dictionary:lolsmile

That isn't in my dictionary.

quote:
Check the other defs too, rather than post the ones you likewink

"HAVING VERY GREAT or unlimited authority or power"
"Having unlimited power of a particular kind"
(from Dictionary.com:lolsmile

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:05 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Nephthys
That isn't in my dictionary.
It's in mine. All of'em.

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word. [/B][/QUOTE] ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:19 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by I am who I am
It's in mine. All of'em.

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word.
ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from. [/B][/QUOTE]

The concept of omnipotence using the lord on high as an example goes something like this:

"If God is so omnipotent, can He make a sandwich so big, even He couldn't eat it all?"

"Yes, He can."

"But if He can't finish it, then He's not omnipotent."

"You didn't let me finish. Yes, He can make such a sandwich. Then, He'd eat it anyway."

Basically, omnitpotence means you do whatever you want, whenever you want, even if that means doing the impossible.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:01 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by XanatosForever
ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from.

The concept of omnipotence using the lord on high as an example goes something like this:

"If God is so omnipotent, can He make a sandwich so big, even He couldn't eat it all?"

"Yes, He can."

"But if He can't finish it, then He's not omnipotent."

"You didn't let me finish. Yes, He can make such a sandwich. Then, He'd eat it anyway."

Basically, omnitpotence means you do whatever you want, whenever you want, even if that means doing the impossible. [/B][/QUOTE] It doesn't have to ALWAYS mean somthin' that ridiculous all the time.

God is Omnipotent but HE CAN NOT sin or do evil deeds. It is not of his nature. God can do all thing righteous and good but he can't do er damn thing. People like to twist the meanin' of the word so much.

If there were really omnipotent characters then they would never have to fight, but those we claim to have omnipotence fight all the time. Their universe are never the way they want it to be. This leads me to believe that when described as omnipotent it is meant to be taken as...

"Having very great or unlimited authority or power"

This doesn't mean, able to do every action possible and impossible.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:10 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by I am who I am
It doesn't have to ALWAYS mean somthin' that ridiculous all the time.

God is Omnipotent but HE CAN NOT sin or do evil deeds. It is not of his nature. God can do all thing righteous and good but he can't do er damn thing. People like to twist the meanin' of the word so much.

If there were really omnipotent characters then they would never have to fight, but those we claim to have omnipotence fight all the time. Their universe are never the way they want it to be. This leads me to believe that when described as omnipotent it is meant to be taken as...

"Having very great or unlimited authority or power"

This doesn't mean, able to do every action possible and impossible.

Who are you to say God can't do something? The whole reason he's God is because he CAN do it. His Word is our law, and who's to say he wouldn't some day change the meaning of the word sin, or to claim that evil deeds are good? I'd go on, but now we're getting into a religious debate. Omnipotent characters, while able to do anything, more often than not don't, either because they don't feel like it, or it's just not in their nature. They don't want to do something doesn't not mean they can't do something.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:24 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Who are you to say God can't do something?
A guy who read the bible and knows that it says things that God cannot do. Some things that canbe done would make them less powerful.

The whole reason he's God is because he CAN do it.[/B][/QUOTE]No he can not

His Word is our law,
Indeed, if you believe in that sorta thing.

[B]and who's to say he wouldn't some day change the meaning of the word sin, or to claim that evil deeds are good?
He will never do that, because he is God and his power is so infinitely right that he will never have to change anything because he was correct the first time. Nothin' can be made more right, or less wrong because he made it. It is perfect if you believe in that sorta thing.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 07:09 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Can we take the religious debate somewhere else, please?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 08:59 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I stopped already, he wanted to get his rebuttal in, I guess. In any case, I say that Tenchi wins, pretty much because of reasons already stated, and that he's the only character I somewhat know of. no expression

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 06:46 PM
No End N Site

Yea, I'm done too.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 11:06 PM