KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bladewind

Certainly going to try to get this game.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 03:58 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

looks fun

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 04:02 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Revolution trailer highlighting the rebel Mexican uprising that John Marston finds himself caught up in during his journey to Nuevo Paraiso.

Old Post May 7th, 2010 01:37 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Looks intresting!

Old Post May 7th, 2010 01:58 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I love Rockstar. I haven't seen them make a bad game.

State of Emergency port to XBox? Played like shit.

However, usually they do make great games, but I don't know if I'll get it as I'm a bit short on cash and I still want to get UFC Undisputed 2010, Mafia 2 and LA Noire... Probably loan it from a friend or something because I was really excited for it. Hoping this game will be everything I expected Gun to be.

Old Post May 7th, 2010 02:18 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Going to order this off Gamefly tommorow. Can't wait!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 16th, 2010 11:03 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Slay
State of Emergency port to XBox? Played like shit.

However, usually they do make great games, but I don't know if I'll get it as I'm a bit short on cash and I still want to get UFC Undisputed 2010, Mafia 2 and LA Noire... Probably loan it from a friend or something because I was really excited for it. Hoping this game will be everything I expected Gun to be.

You act like Mafia 2 and L.A. Noire are coming out any time soon, lol.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 02:04 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

it just got 9.7 from IGN

Old Post May 18th, 2010 04:59 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
junstree

Yeah this game looks great.

I order it at amazon..and get a $20 Video Games Credit

And I Saw that the IGN SCORE for it is 9.7
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14320288.html

Last edited by Peach on May 20th, 2010 at 04:11 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2010 05:54 AM
junstree is currently offline Click here to Send junstree a Private Message Find more posts by junstree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even Jason Aaronn (writer of Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Punisher) is impressed by it

quote:
RED DEAD REDEMPTION! I may never work again.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 08:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

game of the year nominee, if not winner, right here. i just finished putting in about 10hrs. since i got it a couple of days ago and man o man i'll have to say that this game has got to be best old western game ever made in the history of old western style video games.

in 10 hrs. red dead redemption has enveloped me into the old west lifestyle more any other medium has ever.

i mean the game completely immerses you into the culture and the lifestyle so flawlessly and beautifully that it's not even funny.

you not only shoot 'em up as a lone cowboy/rebel. you do things that cowboys may've done at the time. i got to play no limit texas hold 'em poker at a saloon, i got into a bar fight with 3 hoodlems, broken tables and all, with the pianoman still keying, followed by 2 shots of tequila afterwards, then bed. went to a moviehouse and watch a silent film, i herded cattle, rode on horseback at full speed by locomotives just to mess around and race the train as the sun sets behind me over a hilly prairie. i've hunted, on foot and horseback, big horn, skunk, wild horses, coyotes, wolves and collected their hides and meat for sale, i was hired to help shoot rabbits destroying crop. the games amazing. it's the best old western experience any medium has offered ever, imo. i've yet to see a lasso but maybe that'll come later. i love the guitar, whistle and harmonica beats that lazyly, sporadically but continually play throughout the game.

so far the game gets a 9/10. riding with the horse can get aggravating at times especially when you wanna turn while its just trotting.

story's very good as well.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:19 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by KingD19
You act like Mafia 2 and L.A. Noire are coming out any time soon, lol.

Well, I've become quite the casual gamer. And I think UFC 2010 and FIFA 10 will be able to put me through until then.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:24 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Grand Theft Horse?

I dunno.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 20th, 2010 10:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

GTA Wild West? Is it really like that?

I don't mind sandbox gameplay but if it's really a GTA clone, I'm calling it overrated.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 20th, 2010 10:22 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

maybe call it grand theft stage coach. but the whole game is so western and so periodic and beautiful you'll forget you're playing a grand theft auto type of game.

this game makes you forget that gta existed. it definetely looks better that gta as well. the games sun rays are the realest looking i've ever seen in video games history. even over crysis' sun.

i highly recommend this game. i went over to my friends to show it to him today and he was just dumbfounded.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 21st, 2010 05:29 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

theres no such thing as a gta clone

Old Post May 21st, 2010 05:52 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I agree that I see GTA4 in this game due to engine the game uses, everything from shooting, gunplay, and how the create walks.

But I do agree with FOTN that Red Dead Redemption is its own seperate game.

I'm having fun a bit but its Rockstar tradition to explain the game in the first 3 hours.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 11:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've been playing this game for a couple days now and i'm still amazed by the graphics. The graphics for the characters are nothing special but the environment is stunning.I'm also impressed with the frame rate of the game. Other than a few laggy moments online i havent experienced any slow down. The multiplayer was a lot of fun for the first couple days and although it seems to be a step in the right direction towards an MMO on consoles it becomes rather boring very quickly. The single player, however, is great.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 12:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I've gotten some frame rate issues in certain parts. Nothing ground shattering but there is.

I'm loving the game. It's much better than GTA4. The minigames are awesome. Instead of shitty darts, you get poker, horseshoes and dice. I've already played 2 hours of poker just because of the cheating aspect. I love it.

Horseshoes is also great. I suck at it but its fun for a bit.

The only problem I have is the controls. They're generally not very good. Shooting is spot on due to the helpful auto-aim but going into cover is horrible. Also, is the inability to quickly aim behind you. It's so annoying, especially if your riding a horse and people are chasing you. Having a separate button for that purpose would be great.

Another problem with the control is the gun radial menu. You hit LB to bring it up, then instead of the Left Control stick, its the right. It doesn't sound bad right now but I've been wrestling it for days.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 12:56 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Oh yeah, if enemies get behind you it's over. The controls and character movements do feel a bit clunky but it's nothing game breaking for me.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 01:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote