KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

nevermind

Last edited by Phanteros on May 24th, 2010 at 02:26 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2010 02:19 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

this games got me watching nothing but westerns now. i googled top 10 best westerns, top ten modern westerns and top 10 john wayne westerns and got them. i've seen a few already. it amps you up to play after watching the movies as well. just finished watching appaloosa. great movie. next up hondo, tombstone, unforgiven, and the assasination of jesse james by the coward robert ford.

i've never had a game get me into movie genres like this before. i'm mean have watched westerns but this game has just made then even more interesting to watch for me.

can't wait to play, too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 26th, 2010 10:18 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The only two Westerns that need to be watched is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and The Searchers.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 10:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

If the game is this good, I'll put on my list. I really like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and enjoyed playing Wild Guns and Sunset Riders (it's Contra with a Wild West setting).

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 26th, 2010 10:54 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

the searchers, yea. i've that one. i've yet to watch it. isn't it considered the best western film of all time?

but there are really good westerns beside those two, of course, like 3:10 to Yuma . Unforgiven was good. i remember it winning best picture and best director. and gene hackman won for best supporting actor. The Shootist i hear was really good.

both those movie you mentioned are good, but there are other really good westerns out there too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 26th, 2010 11:00 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Searchers is considered the best western of all time. It's pretty damn good and considering what time period it was made in, pretty damn crazy.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 11:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Red Dead Redemption Animated Film Coming This Weekend

Fox is broadcasting a 30-minute animated Red Dead Redemption film this weekend, a prequel to the videogame that launches the tale of reformed outlaw John Marston.

The Red Dead Redemption animated film will air at midnight ET/PT on May 29 and viewer discretion, as you may have guessed, is advised.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ng-This-Weekend

yea, i'll be watching that.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 28th, 2010 04:39 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Cool, I'll check it out.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 07:19 PM
Bladewind

Shit Rockstar!!! Hurry up and make a version for PC!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2010 12:27 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

damn, i missed the 'toon. anyone watch it? was it any good?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 30th, 2010 09:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nope.

I forgot another good Western. Open Range. I know it has Costner in it but it's really good. The last shootout is one of the best Western shoot outs there is.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 09:31 PM
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
If the game is this good, I'll put on my list. I really like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and enjoyed playing Wild Guns and Sunset Riders (it's Contra with a Wild West setting).

It's good. Excellent in fact.

You can kick chickens, or so I've heard

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:26 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I watch the mini film they aired on fox. It got me thinking: what if they made shows like this?

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:47 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Smasandian
The only two Westerns that need to be watched is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and The Searchers.

Come on now...,Fistful of of Dollars, There will be Blood, Legends of the Fall, young Guns...,duuuude

Old Post May 31st, 2010 01:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Fistful of Dollars is good but not as good as the sequel Good...etc.etc.

There will Be Blood is a fantastic film but its not a Western and the last two are shit.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 02:27 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

On the topic of Westerns, True Grit may not be the best, but it is certainly a good movie.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:33 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Fistful of Dollars is good but not as good as the sequel Good...etc.etc.

There will Be Blood is a fantastic film but its not a Western and the last two are shit.

What? Shit.., laughing out loud I can understand you calling, young Guns shit..,but Legends of the Fall..,well, that's just silly. You may not like it but it's a very well made and engaging movie, man.Although, I'll concede and meet you in the middle and remove these two. Young guns is just fun and you know it stick out tongue

There will be blood is most certainly a Western. I just mentioned Fistful of Dollars because it's the, man with no name series...,they're all good. I could also have mentioned, Unforgiven but i thought that one was to easy. Lets revise the List,

Unforgiven
Fistful of Dollars
For a few dollars more
The good the bad and the Ugly
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
There will be Blood
Little big man
Butch cassidy and the sundance kid
3;10 to Yuma (yes i do mean the remake)
Tombstone
The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford

See, there are quite a few, great Western movies out there

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There Will Be Blood is definitly not a Western.

It's about an old tycoon and how much he hates life. It might look like a Western but no way does Red Dead Redemption use it as any sort of influence.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 04:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx

There Will Be Blood is definitly not a Western.

It's about an old tycoon and how much he hates life. It might look like a Western but no way does Red Dead Redemption use it as any sort of influence.

I never implied that it had any influence in the making of, Red Dead Redemption and i have no idea how you got that idea. I was simply saying that there are many more great Westerns other than just, The Searchers and The good the bad and the ugly.This list below Was mentioned to reinforce and give my point substance

Unforgiven
Fistful of Dollars
For a few dollars more
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
There will be Blood
Little big man
Tombstone

I'm sorry that i had to explain this to you because i thought could have understood my very clear point

And YES, There will be blood, is a Western. It may not be a Western when compared to the stereotypical Spaghetti and John Wayne style movies, but it's certainly a Western. It takes place in the West and tells the story of a Western man dealing with Western issues in that historical time. It is probably more of a Western than any of the Sergio leone films.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on May 31st, 2010 at 04:27 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2010 04:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I never implied that it had any influence in the making of, Red Dead Redemption and i have no idea how you got that idea. I was simply saying that there are many more great Westerns other than just, The Searchers and The good the bad and the ugly.This list below Was mentioned to reinforce and give my point substance

Unforgiven
Fistful of Dollars
For a few dollars more
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
There will be Blood
Little big man
Tombstone

I'm sorry that i had to explain this to you because i thought could have understood my very clear point

And YES, There will be blood, is a Western. It may not be a Western when compared to the stereotypical Spaghetti and John Wayne style movies, but it's certainly a Western. It takes place in the West and tells the story of a Western man dealing with Western issues in that historical time. It is probably more of a Western than any of the Sergio leone films.

I understood your point. My point was the if you wanted to watch a Western after playing Red Dead Redemption, you wouldn't watch There Will Be Blood because it has nothing in common. (This is how the whole conversation started)

Old Post May 31st, 2010 11:30 PM