KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
sounds a lot like mine, tbh. im sure on lower settings you'll run it, as i was able to cn champions online, which has similar specs...

Ah, good to hear. I've also been reading up on the card this last hour, people have played Half Life2, GTAIV and even Crysis on this card, with little to no overclocking, just by (as you said) lowering the games video output (which kinda sucks for me, as I like the eye candy).

Edit: These are the min and max requirements for the game: "Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+". So it looks for certain I'll be able to play and play with some of the eye-candy too. Sweet!

How is Champions Online BTW? I was tempted to get it, but passed. As I did the City of Heroes thing years ago.

Newest ST tralier: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...of-space-part-1

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Ah, good to hear. I've also been reading up on the card this last hour, people have played Half Life2, GTAIV and even Crysis on this card, with little to no overclocking, just by (as you said) lowering the games video output (which kinda sucks for me, as I like the eye candy).

Edit: These are the min and max requirements for the game: "Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+". So it looks for certain I'll be able to play and play with some of the eye-candy too. Sweet!

How is Champions Online BTW? I was tempted to get it, but passed. As I did the City of Heroes thing years ago.

Newest ST tralier: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...of-space-part-1

if you're in to that sort of thing, it's quite enjoyable. you can even download a free trial and give it a go. i recommend giving it a look.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

if you're in to that sort of thing, it's quite enjoyable. you can even download a free trial and give it a go. i recommend giving it a look.

Shit, didn't know. Think I'll do that to benchmark my graphics card (and to be a hero again). Thanks for the tip.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Shit, didn't know. Think I'll do that to benchmark my graphics card (and to be a hero again). Thanks for the tip.

np. it only came out a week or two ago, and someone else had clued me in to it. aint a bad game...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I agree it is, if the Borg comes with all the awesome goodness a Borg drone should give. But I have a feeling it's just for looks and the Borg won't do anything special above and beyond your other crew.

Aye.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 06:24 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

np. it only came out a week or two ago, and someone else had clued me in to it. aint a bad game...

Tried out Champions, played alright on my comp, so ST should be okay too, especially after my RAM upgrade. Champions seems like a fun game, but it reminded me too much of City of Heroes and I already played that.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the open beta for this is up, but i can't find anywhere that has any keys left... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 11:15 PM
Squirrel Fart

I played this at work already, its ok...boring IMO.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 02:54 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

boring how?

i watched some gameplay videos and it doesnt look half bad to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 03:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Got to play the beta.

First impressions are very good. Customisation is fun, with plenty of options, and even uniform choices.

The game itself isn't bad either. Ground combat isnt bad, and fighting some malfunctioning borg is kinda cool. Plus, phaser beams hit them in the shoulder a lot (which, if you recall, happened all the time in the shows/movies).

Space combat is VERY like Starfleet Command 3, but it's not on one plane, which is great. You can dive, ascend, all that stuff.

The graphics themselves aren't bad, and the sound effects are pretty nice, very trek-like.

one last thing i will say is that definitely does "feel" like star trek. they managed to bring that to the game, so it doesnt just feel like some crappy mmo with a star trek skin. it's a proper star trek mmo.

looking good so far.

unfortunately, though, i won't be able to get the game, as my pc could barely run it (even on low settings). that's what i get for having a 256mb graphics card and beaming down to a planet with about a hundred other people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:35 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

So Champions online played fine, yet Star Trek didn't on the same 256mb GPU?

If so, sucks for me too, as I only have a 256mb card and upgrading it is out of the question, found a decent 512mb Geforce with DDR3 on Ebay, but ****ing HP has white-list on their systems so you can only install hardware they deem.

Edit: Actually, looking at system requirements, I should be okay in theory, I'm somewhere between the min and recommended specs.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 15th, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:27 PM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

I think I am going to be a Klingon. I've always liked the idea of having a kick ass ship that no one can see until the first torp hits them and nearly busts their hulls open.

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 07:06 PM
MasterAshenVor is currently offline Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So Champions online played fine, yet Star Trek didn't on the same 256mb GPU?

If so, sucks for me too, as I only have a 256mb card and upgrading it is out of the question, found a decent 512mb Geforce with DDR3 on Ebay, but ****ing HP has white-list on their systems so you can only install hardware they deem.

Edit: Actually, looking at system requirements, I should be okay in theory, I'm somewhere between the min and recommended specs.

the start of the game was fine. the space combat was fine. fine, as in, a bit laggy, but playable. then, once i finished the space mission (which was enjoyable as hell fighting the borg in a miranda class starship), i beamed down to a planet.

so had about a hundred other people. my net connection is pretty fast, which means it was my pc. i have a dual core 2.4 and 4gb of ram, and plenty of hard drive space. that leaves my 256mb gpu.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 11:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

the start of the game was fine. the space combat was fine. fine, as in, a bit laggy, but playable. then, once i finished the space mission (which was enjoyable as hell fighting the borg in a miranda class starship), i beamed down to a planet.

so had about a hundred other people. my net connection is pretty fast, which means it was my pc. i have a dual core 2.4 and 4gb of ram, and plenty of hard drive space. that leaves my 256mb gpu.

Yeah, I looked up the wrong info on the card specs, my card is under the min required and my system (as you noted before) is very similar to yours, so I'd be in the same position. Blows. I've done the Champions demo on mid-range settings without a problem though. Game looks good.

Depending on where you look online, STO is supposed to come out for Xbox360 sometime in 2010 or not at all. I'm hoping it does, cuz I really don't want to buy or build a comp just to play this game and it does sound like fun,figthing the Borg.

Champions (which I'll buy for the Xbox, love the character creation aspect alone) is still set to be released for the Xbox; soon too. If it does, there's a good chance STO will follow, being both from Cryptic.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 18th, 2010 at 08:50 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 08:44 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Maaan, I want to play the beta!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:15 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, I looked up the wrong info on the card specs, my card is under the min required and my system (as you noted before) is very similar to yours, so I'd be in the same position. Blows. I've done the Champions demo on mid-range settings without a problem though. Game looks good.

Depending on where you look online, STO is supposed to come out for Xbox360 sometime in 2010 or not at all. I'm hoping it does, cuz I really don't want to buy or build a comp just to play this game and it does sound like fun,figthing the Borg.

Champions (which I'll buy for the Xbox, love the character creation aspect alone) is still set to be released for the Xbox; soon too. If it does, there's a good chance STO will follow, being both from Cryptic.

xbox would be pretty cool. here's hoping.

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Maaan, I want to play the beta!

im sure keys will be more easily available as time goes on...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 12:28 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

No! Now!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 09:17 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Comes out tomorrow, if anyone gets it, please post about your thoughts. Not going to get this until I can try out a demo first.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 11:19 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hoping it comes out for the 360, otherwise I won't be able to play it.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:35 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Been reading reviews online, people seem to love the space aspect/battles part of the game, but the beaming down for away missions is "repetative/boring".

Hopefully they'll fix that with updates, if not, there's always Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO coming out next spring.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 11:13 PM