KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins
Started by: AverageSavage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRAYERRUN

The Dark Knight felt more like a mission impossible movie for me, which is NOT normal for a superhero movie. I loved that. If they wanted to, they could have turned that 3 hour movie into three different episodes.
Batman Begins was really good too. I loved the fact that they brought in The Scarecrow, which I've always wanted to see in a Batman movie. It's hard to compare the two, though, because it felt like the difference between Pirates of the Caribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Dead Man's Chest. The second one told a really complicated, but well written story, but for some reason, I got the feeling that the story wasn't over even after the 3 hours were up.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:53 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
The Dark Knight felt more like a mission impossible movie for me, which is NOT normal for a superhero movie. I loved that. If they wanted to, they could have turned that 3 hour movie into three different episodes.
Batman Begins was really good too. I loved the fact that they brought in The Scarecrow, which I've always wanted to see in a Batman movie. It's hard to compare the two, though, because it felt like the difference between Pirates of the Caribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Dead Man's Chest. The second one told a really complicated, but well written story, but for some reason, I got the feeling that the story wasn't over even after the 3 hours were up.

Agreed their is far too many stories to tell and I look forward to the next film

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 09:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

I even noticed that certain people were maybe destined to become Batman's villains. Like, the guy who tried to blackmail Wayne Enterprises into giving him something like 10 million dollars for the rest of his life. The others were maybe the guy who Harvey basically kidnaped and interrogated at gunpoint, and the big black dude who thew the detinator in the ocean. Of course, Ra's Al Gul will come back to life like he does in the comic, and they already showed the return of The Scarecrow.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 10:02 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

TDK...i don't like Batman Begins at all..

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 03:55 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

TDK FTW both movies kicked ass though

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:05 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

well yeah. But here's a question...The Joker didn't die at the end, so how would they bring him back?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 06:57 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Dark Knight by far.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 09:43 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well, considering the only Blu-Ray movies that I own are BB and TDK, I think it's safe to say that I liked the both. A LOT!.

That aid, The Dark Begins was my favorite.

I change my mind. Batman Knight was my favorite.

No....

PIZZA HUT!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 07:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xJLxKing
(can spell correctly) played the park very nice.
(please log in to view the image)

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 09:07 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Don't you think that is because, like Batman Returns, The Dark Knight revolved around the supporting cast rather than Batman?

I'm just curious to see what you think because i hear a lot of people complaining about Bales performance but, Bale had very little material and screen time in that movie. I thought his acting was just the same in, The Dark Knight as it was in Begins but there was just less of him. That is one of the problems i had with the movie. It took two and a half hours just to find out Batmans purpose in the movie. It wasn't until the very end that Batman even became necessary.
X

People praise Ledger for being scary and flashy, but Bale had a lot less to work with and did a very good job showing Batmans nuances.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:32 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

TDK is clearly a better movie.

BB I found to be messy, boring and unappealing. I liked it, but was nothing more than a polished Batman movie.

TDK stood out as an awesome movie, and doesn't even need to be Batman related. The story, the suspence, the Joker, the supporting characters, such a great film.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:02 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Dark Knight is the superior movie, but i like both of them about equally...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atharpina

Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
and they already showed the return of The Scarecrow.

um wat?

i really wish they wuld have shown more scarecrow in BB, thats my only real complaint. and i wish they wuld have focused more on batman in the dark knight, instead of doing the ole burton bit of focusing on villains. harvey dents transformation into two face waz by far some of the best story telling/acting ive ever seen though!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:57 PM
atharpina is currently offline Click here to Send atharpina a Private Message Find more posts by atharpina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Dark Knight

Unlike BB, DK has a better plot. It's darker, more gritty, more intense, and it has a better villain.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:59 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The Dark Knight

Unlike BB, DK has a better plot. It's darker, more gritty, more intense, and it has a better villain.

Hey, Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul was awesome too!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 11:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Both movies are awesome & I loved both, but TDK takes the case for me because of both the Joker & Two-Face. TDK had everything going for it. It had the perfect storyline & the perfect actors in every role. The only gripe I have with BB is Katie Holmes, which is why I was so glad Gyllenhaal stepped into the role.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 02:56 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hey, Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul was awesome too!

But not as awesome as Heath Ledger's Joker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 04:53 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Of course not. It'd be ludicris to even say so. big grin

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 05:32 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by Nemesis X
But not as awesome as Heath Ledger's Joker.

I like Heath's Joker as much as the next person and all, but he's been overrated way too much.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 06:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Kinkin
Both were brilliant but TDK.

The plot was interesting and fun not messy.

Ditto.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 03:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote