KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins
Started by: AverageSavage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by atharpina
um wat?

i really wish they wuld have shown more scarecrow in BB, thats my only real complaint. and i wish they wuld have focused more on batman in the dark knight, instead of doing the ole burton bit of focusing on villains. harvey dents transformation into two face waz by far some of the best story telling/acting ive ever seen though!
I'm pretty sure Scarecrow is being saved for part 3 of the Nolan series, where he actually will be the main villain, or have a big part.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 04:03 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I doubt he'll have another big part. It's likely for him to appear again, but I doubt if he'll be the main villain.

And the one thing I liked more about BB than TDK was that BB was more gritty and dark, but TDK is still my overall fav.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 03:39 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With how briefly Scarecrow was shown at the beginning of TDK, I doubt he'll make much more of a comeback in a future film, if at all.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 09:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Him just appearing as a casual villain is brilliant.

In films the villains are always important, but he appeared as a casual super villain that Bats sometimes has to deal with. Very...comicy. Loves it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:38 AM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

That's why I'm opting so much for a Joker return, so that we get the real feel of comic books where the villains are constantly escaping and coming back. I'd love for another Scarecrow cameo, and maybe a return from Mr. J.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 03:16 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Joker coming back would be awesome.

Another villain as the main villain would also be awesome.

And so would Scarecrow having a cameo.

Very comic book-y, combined with the realistic setting would be great.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:25 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If Scarecrow comes back, he should have more than just a cameo. no expression

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 05:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

If they can use Scarecrow in the movie and have it make sense for him being there, I'm all for it.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 06:17 AM
Indestructible
The Power House

Id rather see Two-Face or Riddler than Scarecrow. I do wish we could have seen more of the Scarecrow in BB tho. IMO he is much cooler than Ras Al Ghul. But yea In Batman 3(or 7 which ever you preffer lol) I would like to see Riddler and/or Two-Face in Batman 3.

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:41 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If Scarecrow comes back, he should have more than just a cameo. no expression

Scarecrow I don't think will be returning.. He was just in TDK long enough to finish the role..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Indestructible
I do wish we could have seen more of the Scarecrow in BB tho. IMO he is much cooler than Ras Al Ghul.

And that's why Scarecrow worked for him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seems Ra's doesn't get nearly as much recognition as he should.

Originally posted by Indestructible
But yea In Batman 3(or 7 which ever you preffer lol) I would like to see Riddler and/or Two-Face in Batman 3.

As much as I like both characters (mostly Two-Face), I'd rather not have another Batman Forever. Ridder pretty much stole the show there anyway.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 07:14 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by starlock
Batman begins for the stomp..TDK...was a poor movie all around....Two Face was the best part of it, but then it was so boring...i had to grasp on to something...i dont see where all the hype came from...ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker..not even close...Batman begins at least tried to make something new...like new villains!.....i admit i am in the minority..but its how i feel.

Agreed wink

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 08:36 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by xJLxKing
The joker was great. Ledger(can spell correctly) played the park very nice.

HAH. Sorry just flipped through and read that and thought it was just hilarious.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 08:47 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Begins is by far the better and superior movie. Simply put Batman's character in TDK was destroyed by the writers. It was one of the worst portrayals of Batman in the movies and it destroyed the movie for me. So Batman Begins wins by a super large margin.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 06:14 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kotor3
Begins is by far the better and superior movie. Simply put Batman's character in TDK was destroyed by the writers. It was one of the worst portrayals of Batman in the movies and it destroyed the movie for me. So Batman Begins wins by a super large margin.

don't understand this at all..

Batman character was not destroyed by the writers.. not one bit

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 07:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
don't understand this at all..

Batman character was not destroyed by the writers.. not one bit

Two simple and basic questions, how was Batman a dark night in TDK?

How did he show himself to be a super intelligent detective instead of your average one?

Dark and highly intelligent are just two basic characteristics that Batman has that define his character. I won’t even mention Bruce Wayne portrayal. Please answer those two questions and maybe I will take my response back.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 08:02 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheQuestion

I LOVED Batman Begins. It had great story flow. It was dark and brooding. Costume was perfect. It was everything a Batman movie should be. After seeing it I was confident that a sequel could be done right, unfortunately it was a total let down.

The Dark Knight had a completely different tone and environment. The story was often messy and rushed, usually towards the end. It felt more like a typical terrorist, hostage movie instead of a superhero/vigilante movie. There was no reason to touch the costume. If anything, give him new gadgets and maybe a newer Batmobile. The Joker was done well, but like the original Burton movie, It was mainly about the Joker and not enough Batman. After seeing this I lost all faith in any other sequel... and rightfully so.

The Dark Knight Rises not only has the worst movie title, but it was THE worst Batman movie I have ever seen. It actually makes TDK look like a decent movie. TDKR had the worst story, flow, cinematography, etc. Everything about it was just WRONG!

I just don't understand why people think that these Nolan movies are good. The first one was good, the rest were way off the mark. How can people not see this. It's like the Matrix... The first one was fantastic but as soon as they decided to turn it into a cash cow, they ended up making the crappiest sequels known to man.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 02:48 PM
TheQuestion is currently offline Click here to Send TheQuestion a Private Message Find more posts by TheQuestion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

My favourite would be Batman Begins.
Gotham City LOOKED & felt like Gotham..a mis-mash of old & new architecture whereas TDK was simply shot on the streets of America & lacked that mystical feel of a comic book universe.

Scarecrow & Ras proved to be 2 distinct & opposite villains, it was good to see Batman fight a foe hand to hand. Whereas TDK had 2 villains with the same psychotic traits...this made the sequel feel tedious & long IMO.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 05:52 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote