KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Theory: Remake the G1 toon.

Theory: Remake the G1 toon.
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The Prowl I remember was fleshed out quite well in the comics.

He was so bent on logic at times it verged on coldness.
He was a bit war hawkish too.
One instance that springs to mind:

Even though he was depicted as Prime right hand man, I remember in "Crisis of Command" he opposed Prime very strongly.
The issue was on the newly freed/reassembled Prime with Matrix returned to him feeling pressure from several of the others lead in the discussion by Prowl who felt that it would a critical must to use the Matrix to create a bunch of massive Autobots who would be Decepticon killers to engage and destroy the earth-based Decepticons for once and for all.

Prime had the problem with Prowl's plan that most of Earth's population would be liable for heavy casualaties and opposed
Prowl at risk of losing his followers confidence.

It was this thinking though, and this thread that would eventually lead to the construction of the Special teams:
The Aerialbots and Protectobots.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 31st, 2009 08:51 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Yeah, and they've confirmed a new tv show is in the works, which they'll use animated as a benchmark for. That's good news to me.

There is talks at Botcon of a War Withn style cartoon with an almost Animated style. Almost though, not exactly like it. Here's hoping.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:02 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I'd definitely watch that.

Way better idea than basing it on animated imho.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I'd definitely watch that.

Way better idea than basing it on animated imho.

But, the thing is, they want to animate this possible War Within toon the same exact way TF's Animated looked.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:38 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Originally posted by Scythe
But, the thing is, they want to animate this possible War Within toon the same exact way TF's Animated looked.

meh. I'm not a huge fan of animated's style but if the writing is of the same caliber, then I really wouldn't mind.

Guess I prefer the old school animation. Anyone remember the G1 episode "Call of the Primitives"

I'd love to see a TF series with that style animation. And, the resultant toys rolling on floor laughing

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:09 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Tenebrous
meh. I'm not a huge fan of animated's style but if the writing is of the same caliber, then I really wouldn't mind.

Guess I prefer the old school animation. Anyone remember the G1 episode "Call of the Primitives"

I'd love to see a TF series with that style animation. And, the resultant toys rolling on floor laughing

I do remember that. I watched it last week. I know what you're saying, and that would be bad ass.

Last edited by Scythe on Jun 4th, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:27 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Im definitely on the same page as Tenebrous here.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:41 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Ah, Call of the Primatives animation was of the same calibur as the 80s Movie, I would love to see that.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:31 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote