KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator soundtrack

Terminator soundtrack
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

Terminator soundtrack

What is with the soundtrack??
it only has 40minutes of music and no terminator theme.
when i saw the movie i was very happy to hear the terminator theme at the beginning and at the end.
Why didn't they put it into the CD???
if you like scores just download it, it isn't worth it otherwise. unless they come out with a special edition.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 03:15 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Thanks for that. It's a shame no theme is on the CD. Damn!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:58 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

oh dude, i agree. Terminator Salvation had a shit score. As much as people are complaining about the convoluted and holy plot. I really think the most compromising aspect of this movie was the score. Danny elfman phoned this one. I mean it, there were a few scenes where i wondered if Elfman was even watching the movie while he composed the music. I guess someone should have called Hans Zimmer.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 11:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
oh dude, i agree. Terminator Salvation had a shit score. As much as people are complaining about the convoluted and holy plot. I really think the most compromising aspect of this movie was the score. Danny elfman phoned this one. I mean it, there were a few scenes where i wondered if Elfman was even watching the movie while he composed the music. I guess someone should have called Hans Zimmer.

Agreed, for the most part the score was crap, and the CD definatly was crap since it didn't have the main theme or even any of the music played through the credits. plus it was only 40 minutes 45 if you include the god awful rooster song that was only in the movie for 30 seconds so why put it on the CD, if that is on then they could of put the GNR song from T2 that was in T4 too. They could of made the CD atleast 70 minutes. Actualy all 3 summer movies that i have seen so far had crappy 45 minute scores. Wolverine, Star Trek and T4, had they been longer with more ques from the movie i may of bought them but i refuse to pay 20 bucks for 45 minutes.
There are always transformers unless they do the same crap they did last time and not releas the score till october and only in the states.
I am really looking forward to GI JOE score (alan sylvesti) he's generally pretty good. crossed fingers.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:33 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I think McG considered Zimmer at one point. I know McG wanted Gustavo Santaolalla for the more character/emotional driven scenes and Thom Yorke to add the music for the action pieces. Schedules conflicted and so this didn't happen. Step in Elfman.

Does anyone own the soundtrack for Salvation and is it better than Beltrami's T3 score?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:48 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Both of them were about the same, although with elfmans if you include the terminator theme that isn't in the CD would be slightly better
just go to a torrent site and download it.
I don't feel bad for doing that cause i wouldn't of paid for it if i had listened to it in the store. and im not paying for 40 minutes of music.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 04:11 PM
barand1

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 05:42 PM