KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » So why isn't Spider-Man viewed as mutant in the comics universe?

So why isn't Spider-Man viewed as mutant in the comics universe?
Started by: Tactics

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpyCspider
I hope you're going by Marvel's definition wink
No. Shit.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 29th, 2009 06:53 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Exactly. That's why I understand Tactic's curiosity with the whole thing. There should be no reason why any normal Marvel human should fear the X-men for being different but think Ms. Marvel or the FF are ok. They're all "freaks."
FF and Ms. Marvel are not a result of evolution, they will not replace humans.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 06:54 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Originally posted by Mindset
No. Shit.

calm down, homeslice.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:16 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

uh...except Franklin Richards's powers were influenced by his parents' radiated genes too. So in essence, so can Ms. Marvel and Spider-man's kids. There goes that theory. eek!

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:21 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

except Franklin Richards's powers were influenced by his parents' radiated genes too. So in essence, so can Ms. Marvel and Spider-man's kids. eek!
He was born a mutant.

He has the X-gene, they could have been two regular humans and he could have been born a mutant.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:24 AM
Mindset

calm down, homeslice.
I'm nothing but calm.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:24 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He was born a mutant.

He has the X-gene, they could have been two regular humans and he could have been born a mutant.

I believe it's been mentioned Reed and Sue's cosmic radiated DNA having an influence on him as well. He's got both of'em going on for him.

Isn't part of the issue that these normal looking people are essentially walking weapons?

I guess that's what the whole Civil War thing was about, the X-Men paranoia escaping its book.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 10:51 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jdea

I've always wondered if mutant prejudices affected other Marvel superheroes in the comics???

I mean not all of the heroes have revealed the origins of their powers like FF, so what does humanity (Marvel-verse) think of these super-powered avengers

I love this stuff!!!

Last edited by jdea on Jun 8th, 2009 at 03:32 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:30 PM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demarius_b
God_Emperor

In the 'Day's of Future Past' the Sentinels do not distinguish between between mutants, and mutated humans with super-powers! They're all considered a threat.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 10:31 AM
demarius_b is currently offline Find more posts by demarius_b Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil SeeD
Black Shadow

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
no

laughing laughing laughing

I am the evil Seed...The seed that went Wrong... The seed that spread horror...The seed that was Never meant to be......

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 03:25 PM
Evil SeeD is currently offline Click here to Send Evil SeeD a Private Message Find more posts by Evil SeeD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tactics
~Tactics~

Time to be revived after years of laying dormant!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 05:55 AM
Tactics is currently offline Click here to Send Tactics a Private Message Find more posts by Tactics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choas345

spidey a mutant?

It is debatable, mainly because of 2 reasons:

1) He could have got his powers from the radioactive spider-bit, or

2) When he was bitten by the spider it activiated his mutant gene.

I find that option 2 will be the most likey. Mainly because do any of you remember the bomb "the neogenic bomb" that affected everything in its radius that were altered by neogenics. It affected the Lizard and his supposed "children" causing them to return to normal. So if spidey got his powers from the spider bite, he would have returned to normal. But he instead he was unaffected.

Which is why I think its possible that he might be a mutant.

Also in the comics, its stated that he has a healing facter similar to Wolverines though not as fast. Plus if spidey was bit by a vampire, he would have turned to normal not long afterwards.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 11:24 PM
choas345 is currently offline Click here to Send choas345 a Private Message Find more posts by choas345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I see his point actually. If I lived in a world where mutants like the X-Men existed and it was something that was common knowledge......then I would probably think most people with superpowers were mutants as imo that would be a reasonable thought. Its not like we would know how spiderman got his powers so it would be a more widely accepted theory for him to be a mutant I think.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 05:27 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote