KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Batman vs Captain america H2H ONLY

Wolverine vs Batman vs Captain america H2H ONLY
Started by: Darth_noodle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Was Cap called a superhuman during the Civil War at all?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:09 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

A lot of Wolverine's traits (including reduced fatigue and enhanced strength) are as a direct result of his combined healing factor and adamantium augmentation. What he loses in raw strength and durability he gains in speed and agility. I'd give him the slight majority over Batman or even a stalemate. They'd almost be roughly the same in every category but Wolverine's speed, agility and preciseness would prove decisive I think. If Cap still has the SSS, then he wins. He is as skilled and as strong as the two. What wins him this would be superior endurance and durability. Funny enough, I'd give Batman a better chance against Steve than I would give Wolverine under these conditions.

Wolverine vs Batman - Wolverine 6/10

Wolverine vs Cap - Captain America 7/10

Cap vs. Batman - Captain America 6/10

In the end Captain America wins.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 12:00 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Cap's not superhuman he's even stated it on panel.

Yup. By Marvel stance he's not true superhuman. He's "almost superhuman".

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:44 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Cap's not superhuman he's even stated it on panel.

Cap's modest and he wants to believe that with sufficient training and dedication ANYONE would be capable of the amazing things he pulls off on a daily basis. But Cap thinking that someone else could be his equal if they trained their entire life is something of an untested theory since(at least to my knowledge), we've never seen anyone who was his overall physical equal as a result of physical training only.

The scientist who created him told him and the military that he's not superhuman so it stuck, but the thing is that scientist DIED before he ever got to see the limits of Cap's attributes. Scientist often have slightly different results than what they're shooting for, which just happens to be the way a large portion of super powered individuals acquired their powers. I mean, am I the only one bothered by the fact that people are clinging to a concept that's not only 50 years old, but was never actually tested by the scientist who introduced it?

What's more, the narrative at the beginning of every issue of Cap's first series says that his physique is superhuman. Now saying that if anyone with Cap's physical build could be his equal it definitely means that Cap is lacking in actual metahuman powers, but if no one's able to acquire that build without exposure to the SSS or some other outside source then his abilities are still beyond the limits of a regular human. Again, if he's the next step in human evolution it means that he's beyond this step in human evolution and that humanity has to EVOLVE to hit Cap's level, not just train hard...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 07:23 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

and the fact that he's flipped a tank

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 07:54 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote