KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek vs TNG movies

Star Trek vs TNG movies
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
"Lock and load".

yeah. sad

Originally posted by dadudemon
I did not like what Nemesis did with Data, either. However, he is back in EU sources. B4 ceased to exist and became Data. Still, one of the stupidest things ever done.

And what's wrong with it being like a really long episode! mad mad mad mad lol

killing data was more poorly executed then kirk's, imo. and the enteprise d looked gorgeous on the big screen. it also had a spiffy new bridge. for those and those alone, Generations > Nemesis imo.

lol.

the problem i had is that the Federation wasn't at stake. there was no huge plot point, for me...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Honestly, I liked them all. I thought Generations was pretty good. I've only seen insurrection once or twice, though. The last 2 TNG movies were really good.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:43 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

I much prefer TNG series but the original movies blow away the TNG ones. Although First Contact is my number one.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 01:35 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Honestly, I liked them all. I thought Generations was pretty good. I've only seen insurrection once or twice, though. The last 2 TNG movies were really good.

Wow a trekkie who smokes Crack!!!
Generations sucked, Kirks death was lame and the story was lame (the scientist could of just sat in a space suit and waited for the ribbon to hit him.
Insurection sucked too, plot holes, and a nintendo joystick to control the ship
nemipenis mega sucked, "Oh look we found another data on some other planet what a crock!" and his death was stupid cause they now have a replacement. so who cares.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:44 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

i agree with nemesis, it was a horrible and very disappointing move to make to kill off data, and the director should be shot...

however, i found generations a nice beginning to the future of TNG (except for kirks death) and insurrection - like's been mentioned before - is much like a 2hour episode...

first contact must be loved be everyone because no criticism has been throw its way...and to be honest, it's my favorite TNG film and my second favorite star trek film overall - first being Wrath of Khan.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:34 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
i agree with nemesis, it was a horrible and very disappointing move to make to kill off data, and the director should be shot...

however, i found generations a nice beginning to the future of TNG (except for kirks death) and insurrection - like's been mentioned before - is much like a 2hour episode...

first contact must be loved be everyone because no criticism has been throw its way...and to be honest, it's my favorite TNG film and my second favorite star trek film overall - first being Wrath of Khan.

Generations was another one where they throw in picards family that you only saw once!!! and you are suppose to feel bad for the guy and at the end he is looking for his photo album and that was the only thing that mattered!!!! it would of been much better if he was trying to find his flute that he played in a whole life time that one episode and played it a few more times in after that, that would of held more meaning than what they did.

like you Wrath of Khan is still the best
Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQmfCOGmFU

Wrath of Khan
Undiscovered country
star trek
first contact
voyage home
search for spock
motion picture
V VII IX AND X don't even exist to me. and kirk is still alive or we don't know how he died.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:50 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Generations was another one where they throw in picards family that you only saw once!!! and you are suppose to feel bad for the guy and at the end he is looking for his photo album and that was the only thing that mattered!!!! it would of been much better if he was trying to find his flute that he played in a whole life time that one episode and played it a few more times in after that, that would of held more meaning than what they did.

Check this out

Wrath of Khan
Undiscovered country
star trek
first contact
voyage home
search for spock
motion picture
V VII IX AND X don't even exist to me. and kirk is still alive or we don't know how he died.

it was the family of the guy we'd gotten to know for seven years. regardless of whether we knew his family well, he did, and it affected him.

also, soran couldn't have just let the ribbon hit him. it wrecked ships, and probably would have wrecked his suit too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Raoul
it was the family of the guy we'd gotten to know for seven years. regardless of whether we knew his family well, he did, and it affected him.

also, soran couldn't have just let the ribbon hit him. it wrecked ships, and probably would have wrecked his suit too.

Star Trek work in mysterious ways lol

quote:
Check this out

HAHA! "i've got three words for you, Wrath of Khan" epic

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:10 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Raoul

But the audience has to have some sort of connection to what he has lost in order to feel bad for the guy.
Like Kirk losing Spock and his son you felt very sad.

Doubt it would of wrecked his suit, or if it did, he would of been in the nexus when before he died, just like Kirk getting blown out into space and into the nexus.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:17 PM
Vjer

Hey, you're vomiting on my control panel; now how will I "join with the Creator?" The Motion Picture has to have a special place because it set up all subsequent Trek movies to be special effects extravaganzas...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:31 AM
Vjer is currently offline Click here to Send Vjer a Private Message Find more posts by Vjer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

TNG films are horrible.

Picard, the shakespeare loving old fashioned guy is some sort of nutcase who's only out to break rules and fight the bad guy.

Nothing makes sense and is completely incosistent with the series and is only out because they think the audience will love action based films, even though action doesn't make a film good.

The original films had character development as well as other things.

btw, First Contact sucks.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 08:27 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
But the audience has to have some sort of connection to what he has lost in order to feel bad for the guy.
Like Kirk losing Spock and his son you felt very sad.

Doubt it would of wrecked his suit, or if it did, he would of been in the nexus when before he died, just like Kirk getting blown out into space and into the nexus.

and if you'd watched the episode "family" then you would have.

i don't remember if it was ever fully explained.

Originally posted by lord xyz
TNG films are horrible.

Picard, the shakespeare loving old fashioned guy is some sort of nutcase who's only out to break rules and fight the bad guy.

Nothing makes sense and is completely incosistent with the series and is only out because they think the audience will love action based films, even though action doesn't make a film good.

The original films had character development as well as other things.

btw, First Contact sucks.

picard grew steadily throughout the seasons to become a more action oriented captain. episodes like captain's holiday, gambit and chain of command support that.

plus, the borg had violated him. it would have taken a very, very laid back man not to want revenge for what had happened to him...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 09:06 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not the action I'm griping at, it's the unsophisticated rule breaker that is "movie picard".

That scene in Nemesis where he does the doombuggy chase, I get Patrick Stewart loves cars, but Jean-Luc Picard is not Patrick Stewart.

Look up "I am not Spock".

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:29 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by lord xyz
It's not the action I'm griping at, it's the unsophisticated rule breaker that is "movie picard".

That scene in Nemesis where he does the doombuggy chase, I get Patrick Stewart loves cars, but Jean-Luc Picard is not Patrick Stewart.

Look up "I am not Spock".

nemesis was a mess, though, and in no way has any bearing on how good generations and first contact might have been...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 02:50 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by -Pr-
nemesis was a mess, though, and in no way has any bearing on how good generations and first contact might have been...

from what i understand, the director of Nemesis knew little or nothing about Star Trek in actuality. He just wrote a story and the cast said it looked good...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:54 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

from what i understand, the director of Nemesis knew little or nothing about Star Trek in actuality. He just wrote a story and the cast said it looked good...

pretty much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 09:10 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

By 2002 (when Nemesis came out) most of the Next Generation cast hadn't had any work beyond the other sporadic NG films. I think they'd say anything to get some work by that point.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 01:57 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Wrath of Khan had the real shocker ending when spock died

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 09:54 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interestingly, Nemesis is similar to Wrath of Kahn.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 10:58 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Holy crap...you just blew my mind

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 04:56 PM