KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Custom Smilies

Custom Smilies
Started by: Illusion54

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 03:42 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Thought so.

You're brilliant.

happy

I like making them. It's fun. Not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it either.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 04:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Peach
happy

I like making them. It's fun. Not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it either.

Give me any tips you may have.

It took me about 30 minutes to create the one I did and it was almost completely from scratch...pixel by pixel, in MS Paint. Are there ways to cut that time down...techniques to make things easier, etc. Give me your secrets! PLEEEEEAAASE!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, and the purple one that's dancing in a circle that Sanctuary used to use constantly I also made happy
Whoa, you made dancing? Nice.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:18 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by dadudemon
Give me any tips you may have.

It took me about 30 minutes to create the one I did and it was almost completely from scratch...pixel by pixel, in MS Paint. Are there ways to cut that time down...techniques to make things easier, etc. Give me your secrets! PLEEEEEAAASE!

Number one tip...don't use Paint stick out tongue

Try taking a look at some of these tutorials. They can explain better than I can, most likely.

Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Whoa, you made dancing? Nice.

Heh, yeah, I think that was probably the first one I actually made? Certainly not my best but it's cute stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

i like the fact that despite the thread title none of the smilies he posted are custom or his creation.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:24 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Number one tip...don't use Paint stick out tongue

Try taking a look at some of these tutorials. They can explain better than I can, most likely.

Okay. The only thing I got out of that was to not use paint. Other than that, I was on the right track.

Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
i like the fact that despite the thread title none of the smilies he posted are custom or his creation.

Are you referring to me?

If so, I got the idea from this smilie: (please log in to view the image)

And turned it into this smilie: (please log in to view the image)

So, please, sir, tell me how that isn't my own customer smilie or my own creation? Sure, I used the original one as a template, but every last pixel is original. After thinking about it, there's not a pixel on that new smilie that is the same as the previous. Don't forget the animation I added, as well...which, btw, was the first time I have animated anything in my life. It is the very first smilie I ever made. Ever. Pretty good for a first try, right?

Now, if you weren't referring to me, I love you.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 03:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Okay. The only thing I got out of that was to not use paint. Other than that, I was on the right track.

Are you referring to me?

If so, I got the idea from this smilie: (please log in to view the image)

And turned it into this smilie: (please log in to view the image)

So, please, sir, tell me how that isn't my own customer smilie or my own creation? Sure, I used the original one as a template, but every last pixel is original. After thinking about it, there's not a pixel on that new smilie that is the same as the previous. Don't forget the animation I added, as well...which, btw, was the first time I have animated anything in my life. It is the very first smilie I ever made. Ever. Pretty good for a first try, right?

Now, if you weren't referring to me, I love you.

nah i was referring to the thread starter who simply clicked more smilies and posted a bunch.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:59 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
nah i was referring to the thread starter who simply clicked more smilies and posted a bunch.

AHA! So we are only left with love.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:07 PM