KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR

My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mrcharlieo

I'd put a grenade launcher on par with the rockets if not below. But I'm not sure they'd even need the rockets or the grenades. I gave them things like this in my previous posts but the more I think about it the more I lean towards long range machine guns wiping out the army before they get anywhere near the keep. Any that somehow make it through can be taken care of by the ninjas. When your guns can still kill effectively at 1km (including the SAW's) they stand no chance.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:24 AM
mrcharlieo is currently offline Click here to Send mrcharlieo a Private Message Find more posts by mrcharlieo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You mentioned that there's nothing there more powerful than a rocket launcher, tho.

Sorry what I was refering to is weapons that you can carry around, in that sense nothing more powerful than a rocket launcer is allowed...but this is confusing because there are different types of launchers and different types of damage. My lack of knowledge on weapons is not helping either.

Crap loads of different types of explosives are allowed. I may disallow plutonuim...I want them to win but not too easy.

Im going to have to think about this.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210

We REALLY need to establish what "nothing more powerful than a rocket launcher" means.

Yeah you're right im going to have to think about this. When I first started the thread my intention was to allow big filthy guns (well anything as long its not a vehicle eg Battle helicopter or tank). Gatling guns are allowed. Im thinking in terms of explosive weapons that you can carry nothing more powerful than a rocket launcher, in terms of guns nothing more powerful than a gatling gun...does that help? Ok lets put it this way no machine guns MASSIVELY more powerful than a gattling gun. No explosive weapons MASSIVELY more poweful than a rocket launcher, slightly more powerful is allowed.

The problem with these threads is that one needs to define the restrictions as much as possible, something is always forgotten and if additions are made sometimes I feel that I may be unfairly adding things that give an unfair advantage.

Last edited by Deadline on Jun 5th, 2009 at 08:37 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 08:30 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

*bump*

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:39 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Wasn't the problem that there were basically endless orcs incoming and they just ran away because of the Balrog?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:45 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That was in the dwarven mines of Moria, not Helm's Deep.

Kill yourself, fam

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

^ I was gonna say. I was thinking...Balrog?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:54 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Well if the team has dwarfs to throw they stand a good chance. Maybe Bran can help out.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:55 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

They don't need no dwarves. They will plant tons of explosives, when the Orcs walk over them they will get set off and then they will get pelted by machine gun fire and rocket launchers.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:59 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Deadline
^ I was gonna say. I was thinking...Balrog?

Geez...How do you forget about the BALROG!?

(please log in to view the image)

Coolest Monster to come out of ALL the Movies.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 12:01 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Geez...How do you forget about the BALROG!?

Coolest Monster to come out of ALL the Movies.

I didn't. I was thinking this is Helms Deep, no Balrog here.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 12:03 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Deadline
They don't need no dwarves. They will plant tons of explosives, when the Orcs walk over them they will get set off and then they will get pelted by machine gun fire and rocket launchers.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 12:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Orcs win. Youd need a battalion sized element at the least to hold them off

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:25 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I dunno. I seem to recall even Hobbits could fight off The Uruk Hai.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:31 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Orcs win. Youd need a battalion sized element at the least to hold them off

You don't think 36 hours prep, Frank Castle and a fully stocked warehouse plus 150 ninjas (not to mention the other guys) can hold them off?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 07:20 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You don't think 36 hours prep, Frank Castle and a fully stocked warehouse plus 150 ninjas (not to mention the other guys) can hold them off?

No. It's a numbers game and eventually theyd get overran. You have four guys (solo is a non factor as are the hand) versus a army. It's simply beyond them. Someone will eventually get hurt and from there it's game over.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 08:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I dunno. I seem to recall even Hobbits could fight off The Uruk Hai.

Merry and Pippin were throwing rocks at them, while Boromir was making sure they'd never get passed him.

And if you're including that scene from extented edition, then you also need to include one Uruk-hai grunt almost choking Aragorn to death.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:17 AM