KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR

My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
If they have a day and half prep, Frank would already have planted explosives and land mines all around the area and directed the sharpshooters to strategically safe areas with unlimited ammo. Deadshot never misses, Bullseye can make anything a projectile, and so on.

Unlimited ammo? roll eyes (sarcastic)

1 warehouse can only hold so much. Besides is not like Castle crams every bullet he can in these places. His weapons/ammo are all boxed, hanging on racks etc. They don't have enough to kill 10,000 Orcs. End of story.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:11 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by The Pict
So all the Orcs are going to continuously run over the mines, even after they realise what's happening? They aren't completely stupid, they'll set the mines off with their weapons, plus there's not gonna be that many.

Good point, movie uruks' pikes were incredibly long.

Arwen would enjoy it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good point, movie uruks' pikes were incredibly long.

Arwen would enjoy it.

laughing out loud

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:12 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Sam's shadow scared Black Uruks, I'm sure of it. That happened after they had had a fight with normal orcs over that mythril shirt.

Black Uruks=/= uruk-hai

Just like Gimli said it, "These are no ramble of mindless orcs, these are Uruk-hai"

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:13 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

So all the Orcs are going to continuously run over the mines, even after they realise what's happening?

Theres only one way to the castle they have to go through it.

They aren't completely stupid, they'll set the mines off with their weapons, plus there's not gonna be that many. Punisher doesn't have a mine for every Orc in a single warehouse.

He doesnt need to one land mine can take out several. 10 ( edit one landmine could kill several) landmines could take out several orc that means that 10 landmines could kill 100 ( oops my bad thats not 100 but depends on the potency 10 landmines could kill 20). Punisher probably has 100s of landmines and explosives.

It doesn't matter about the superior weaponry, there are thousands of Orcs. They are gonna scale the walls fairly quickly. Castle doesn't have enough ammunition in one warehouse to kill 10,000 Orcs. Many of whom will fight on with injuries.

Plus while the defenders are reloading, changing weapons, moving to other parts of the wall (5 people can't cover every part of Helms Deep) Orcs are going to be scaling the castle.

No way are the Defenders winning. Not a chance.

Yeah he probably does have enough ammuniton. In Daughters of the Dragon we only see a small part of his stash in one part of his warehouse. There were most likely at least 100 guns, what looked like a missle launcher and a gattling gun.

Bare in mind that heroes were asking Pun for weapons hes not going to show them eveything he has. if 10 explosive can take out 100 whats 100s going to do?

Last edited by Deadline on Jun 1st, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:14 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Unlimited ammo? roll eyes (sarcastic)

1 warehouse can only hold so much. Besides is not like Castle crams every bullet he can in these places. His weapons/ammo are all boxed, hanging on racks etc. They don't have enough to kill 10,000 Orcs. End of story.
It may as well be unlimited, do you know how much he carries? And Flloyd carries? embarrasment

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:15 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Black Uruks=/= uruk-hai

Just like Gimli said it, "These are no ramble of mindless orcs, these are Uruk-hai"

Black Uruks =/= mindless orcs, either. At least in the movie verse. Shagrat actually survived that massacre and delivered the shirt to Mouth of Sauron. That's gotta count for something.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

quote:
Theres only one way to the castle they have to go through it.

There are many ways. Uruks can climb it using ladders, or Ballistas, Mines, and going up the entrance. 5 Men can't cover all that.

quote:
He doesnt need to one land mine can take out several. 10 landmines could take out several orc that means that 10 landmines could kill 100. Punisher probably has 100s of landmines and explosives.

Good speculation, but again, Uruk-hai are very smart, they know follow direct orders. If they know who they are attack, they will use a smart strategy.

quote:
Yeah he probably does have enough ammuniton. In Daughters of the Dragon we only see a small part of his stash in one part of his warehouse. There were most likely at least 100 guns, what looked like a missle launcher and a gattling gun.

Where is he going to keep all that. The enemy will be moving in, while he reloads. They will use their body, shields, and armor to soak the damage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:21 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Black Uruks =/= mindless orcs, either. At least in the movie verse. Shagrat actually survived that massacre and delivered the shirt to Mouth of Sauron. That's gotta count for something.

The movies have it very different. Though, the movies is very very good.

They portray Orcs, and other creatures as if they have a mind of their own, however, they don't. Their every movement, and though(if they had any) are controlled by they one master. He orders them, and controls them

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:25 PM
Deadline

There are many ways. Uruks can climb it using ladders, or Ballistas, Mines, and going up the entrance. 5 Men can't cover all that.

Er theres 155 men. Um in order to use the ladders they ahve to get through the ,mind field.

Good speculation, but again, Uruk-hai are very smart, they know follow direct orders. If they know who they are attack, they will use a smart strategy.

Yeah? Ok explain it to me then.

Where is he going to keep all that. The enemy will be moving in, while he reloads. They will use their body, shields, and armor to soak the damage.

What do you mean, hes planted the explosives before hand. I see so you think their armour and shield can absorb machine gunfire? Now you're being ridcoulous.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:25 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

quote:
Er theres 155 men. Um in order to use the ladders they ahve to get through the ,mind field.

Men which will all get slaughtered in one attack from the crossbow. Keep in mind, 155 can't do any more then experts elf archer.

quote:
Yeah? Ok explain it to me then.

It's pretty simply. The Uruk-hai's aren't stupid. They know what to do. They just do it, they don't feel pain like humans. They are more physically durable, and stronger then regular humans.

quote:
What do you mean, hes planted the explosives before hand. I see so you think their armour and shield can absorb machine gunfire? Now you're being ridcoulous.

So you have 1000 mines on the field that's coming to helms deep, you got 1000 more in Helms Deep, and you got a guy who doesn't need to reload any explosions.

It's pretty simple dude: The UHs are very durable. Even in the movie(not the same as the book), they soaked up damage. A Berserker was able to soak up a huge amount of arrows(about 4) with no armor and still running. A regular man would die in about one- two shots.

Don't forget, The archers in Helms Deep are very accurate. They rarely miss. They knew the enemy's weakness. They attacked their necks. Something the 5 men can't do.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:33 PM
Deadline

It's pretty simple dude: The UHs are very durable. Even in the movie(not the same as the book), they soaked up damage. A Berserker was able to soak up a huge amount of arrows(about 4) with no armor and still running. A regular man would die in about one- two shots.

Ok now you're wasting my time.

Arrows > maching gunfire. ...and hes telling me its simple...

*sigh* machine gunfire goes through brick walls and a standard klasnikov can go through a car door easily, their armour aint stopping shit. Shouldnt have to explain this.

Last edited by Deadline on Jun 1st, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:39 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Ok now you're wasting my time.

Arrows > maching gunfire. ...and hes telling me its simple...

I never said Arrow>Machine gun, but it will take a lot more then a few shots to kill a uruk-hai. They soak up damage from arrows with no arrow. An arrow would have stopped on their arrow(there is a huge gap between it). They have shields, and they can take meat shields.

Don't forget, the defenders don't have time to aim at their weak spots.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:41 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Which scene are you talking about? I only remember the Berserker with the torch taking two arrows from Legolas. Ofc it didn't stop him and he blew up the wall, but more projectiles could have made a difference... could it not?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:51 PM
xJLxKing

Which scene are you talking about? I only remember the Berserker with the torch taking two arrows from Legolas. Ofc it didn't stop him and he blew up the wall, but more projectiles could have made a difference... could it not?

hmm. I though it was 4 shots. Well, then yeah, it was 2 shots(if you say so).

however, don't forget Lurts( he is a regular Uruk-Hai). His arm got cut, and he got stabbed in the stomach, and he still was fighting. Only when his head was chopped, he died.

Any ways, my point was, a uruk-hai with no armor was able to tank 2 shots+ more. He could have taken even more with a shield, armor, another dead body, and his durability.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:56 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

hmm. I though it was 4 shots. Well, then yeah, it was 2 shots(if you say so).

however, don't forget Lurts( he is a regular Uruk-Hai). His arm got cut, and he got stabbed in the stomach, and he still was fighting. Only when his head was chopped, he died.

Any ways, my point was, a uruk-hai with no armor was able to tank 2 shots+ more. He could have taken even more with a shield, armor, another dead body, and his durability.

Legolas shot him in the both trapezius muscles and he kept running, so that's impressive. Kingpin was recently immobilized by that (DD #116).

Lurtz* was badass and I'd say way better than regular Uruk. Think of Boromir and regular Dunedain... wink I think he might have been the first Uruk-hai in the movie or at least one of the first. Makoare's performance was great, by the way.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 12:21 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What I mean is, major heroes/villains always soak up a lot of damage... you'd call Gothmog a regular Orc, but even when he was handicapped and injured by Eowyn, it took combined efforts of Aragorn and Gimli to put him down for good.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 12:34 AM
xJLxKing

Gothmog doesn't exist. The only gothmog there is, is a Leader of the Balrogs. Same goes with Lurts. He doesn't exist. The one Aragorn fought was a regular Uruk-Hai

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 12:52 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gothmog doesn't exist. The only gothmog there is, is a Leader of the Balrogs. Same goes with Lurts. He doesn't exist. The one Aragorn fought was a regular Uruk-Hai

Yes, I know. Same about Sharku. Although Third Age Gothmog appeared in one sentence big grin

Many Uruk hai were taken out by a single hit... comparing Lurtz with a regular Uruk is like comparing powerless Marc Spector with a regular athlete wink

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:10 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:10 AM