KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR

My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xJLxKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, I know. Same about Sharku. Although Third Age Gothmog appeared in one sentence big grin

Many Uruk hai were taken out by a single hit... comparing Lurtz with a regular Uruk is like comparing powerless Marc Spector with a regular athlete wink

Lurts=regular Uruk

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:18 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lurts=regular Uruk

Lurtz = peak Uruk

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by The Pict

The ninjas get slaughtered in seconds.
no expression

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Lurtz = peak Uruk

He is imperfection sad

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:27 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Lurtz = peak Uruk
Also, the link you provided abou Gothmog, it says that the Author never truly said what he is. He does that a lot though

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:20 AM
horrorwolf
Incarnation of Infinity

Ocs get pwned.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:23 AM
horrorwolf is currently offline Click here to Send horrorwolf a Private Message Find more posts by horrorwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

are people really arguing that uruks dont have fear?

lol what a load of bull. in both the movie and the books the uruks retreated after gandfalf and the riders arrived at helms deep and kicked their asses. the uruks retreated from helms deep into a forest full of Huorn, who promptly decimated every retreating uruk. not a single one of them escaped from the forest.

uruks retreat plenty when they realize that there is simply no hope in winning.

and stop overestimating them. one bullet would kill an uruk-hi. gimli killed one with one strike to the stomach. dont argue that an axe to the stomach delivers more kientic energy then a bullet from an assault rifle.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 04:53 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:51 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obadiah Horn

OK when I worked as an Ammo Troop you could put almost 10,000 20mm rounds on a single pallete. Now each Ammo box only holds 250 20mm rounds but it can hold around 3000 7.62 rounds (M16) To think that the Punishers Where house cant hold enough Ammo for only 10,000 Urakai(sic) is ridiculous I mean 1 pallet can hold almost 100,000 rounds of M16 ammo and another can hold 8,000 20mms which each could rip an Orc in half.Not to mention High explosives and RPGs hell claymore mines could easily take out more than 20 orcs a pop, this is no contest.

You dont even need the crew for the masses.Equip about 110 Hand and let the other 40 just work as load toads. 50 Hand ninjas with M16s can let off more than 1000 rounds in 30 seconds alot more in both number and killing power than any volley by the elves.Then put 30 with High powered Machine Guns and 20 with RPGs, Rocket Launchers and any other exotic weaponry the Punisher has and the Orc ranks start to take Heavy losses in a hurry.Hell you even have 10 left over to act as support in case any get killed by bowfire.

Punisher and Hawkey can just sit back with rocket launchers and take out seige weapons. While Solo ports to each Seige Ladder and takes them out with a grenade a piece. Bullseye can easily take out all the Orc Comanders.Deadshot will pick off Nay Beserkers coming at the Sewer entrance.

Given the open area and the massed formations of the Orcs I say the crew wins in less than 2 hours.

Last edited by Obadiah Horn on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 01:20 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:17 PM
Obadiah Horn is currently offline Click here to Send Obadiah Horn a Private Message Find more posts by Obadiah Horn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Good point, movie uruks' pikes were incredibly long.

Arwen would enjoy it.

Hey hey. Get your mind out'a the gutter son. mad

Oh and the armies of Christopher Lee win. Though they pay for it very dearly. Bullseye with an automatic........................

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:35 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Theres only one way to the castle they have to go through it.

Again they will set them off from a distance when they realise what's happening. They aren't going to continuously run over the mines. And again Castle isn't going to have that much in a single warehouse.

Theres only one way to the castle they have to go through it. He doesnt need to one land mine can take out several. 10 landmines could take out several orc that means that 10 landmines could kill 100. Punisher probably has 100s of landmines and explosives.

A single mine won't kill 10 Orcs every time How many REGULAR people in the real world survive mine blasts? A lot. That's why there's so many retired soldiers missing limbs, or kids in 3rd world countries missing their legs. The mines are going to kill of the smallest fraction of the army.

Yeah he probably does have enough ammuniton. In Daughters of the Dragon we only see a small part of his stash in one part of his warehouse. There were most likely at least 100 guns, what looked like a missle launcher and a gattling gun.

Yeah well I've seen a lot of Frank's warehouse to and if you think he has enough to kill 10, 000 Orcs in a single warehouse you're on drugs or something. Not a chance.

Even if he did it wouldn't matter. There's 5 of them for god's sake. 5 people can't cover all of Helm's Deep. The thousands of Elves and Humans couldn't do it but you think 5 will? There were hundreds of arrows getting fired at the Orcs constantly and they still scaled the walls. The Human and Elves bows were doing more to dent the numbers than the rockets will,considering the spread of damage going to be done by 5 people.

Originally posted by Mindset
no expression

There's 150 ninjas. There's 10,000 Orcs. Do the math. The ninjas don't stand a chance.

Hot sig by Scottie

Last edited by The Pict on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:09 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obadiah Horn

Again they will set them off from a distance when they realise what's happening. They aren't going to continuously run over the mines. And again Castle isn't going to have that much in a single warehouse.

How exactly are they setting them off from a distance? Depending on the mine they can be remotely detonated , need to have a significant weight to trigger the pressure plate or they can be hopping mines where the orcs will still sustain damage even if they manage to somehow set them off. Plus the Orcs dont exactly have mine sweepers or small ranks how do they know where the mines are and avoid them?

A single mine won't kill 10 Orcs every time How many REGULAR people in the real world survive mine blasts? A lot. That's why there's so many retired soldiers missing limbs, or kids in 3rd world countries missing their legs. The mines are going to kill of the smallest fraction of the army.

True but the Orcs arent in full body armor, dont have medical technology that even holds a cndle to what we had 60 years ago and are in close ranks that will be disrupted. Exactly what harm is a legless Orc going to do in a seige?

Yeah well I've seen a lot of Frank's warehouse to and if you think he has enough to kill 10, 000 Orcs in a single warehouse you're on drugs or something. Not a chance.

See my earlier post. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Even if he did it wouldn't matter. There's 5 of them for god's sake. 5 people can't cover all of Helm's Deep. The thousands of Elves and Humans couldn't do it but you think 5 will? There were hundreds of arrows getting fired at the Orcs constantly and they still scaled the walls. The Human and Elves bows were doing more to dent the numbers than the rockets will,considering the spread of damage going to be done by 5 people.

155 and you vastly underate the killing power of assault rifles vs longbows. They have a higher firing rate can cover a longer distance and dont have shafts that can seal the wounds a hunderd ninjas spaced out can cover the same ground with more kills and greater effectiveness than all the archers. Plus those humans and elves held for almost a full day!

There's 150 ninjas. There's 10,000 Orcs. Do the math. The ninjas don't stand a chance.

you greatly overestimate the size of the army. In the movie I remember tGimlet and Legolas counting off kills and I believe they were up to like 48 or 49 a piece. Thats 2 warrions that took out 1% of the Orc army with just melee attacks. You think that a trained ninja with guns couldnt easily match that?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:45 PM
Obadiah Horn is currently offline Click here to Send Obadiah Horn a Private Message Find more posts by Obadiah Horn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Ok but Frank doesnt have to go for that option he can wait for them to cover the land mines then set them off. Frank is smarter than and Orc and hes going to outsmart them.

Do you see how I mentioned that if they dont have any legs they cant fight? Also Punisher was going to use a relatively small amount of explosives to kill Ulik. That amount of explosives would kill alot of Orcs and he has tons more most likely.

You're entitled to have an opinion, but please try not to ignore the point being raised. Now im going to make the point again please try to address the point instead of merely stating your opinion without a reason. The point is that in one room in one small part of his warhouse it looked as if he had enough machine guns to arm 150 Hand ninjas and there was also what looked like a rocket launcher and a gattling gun. Now heres the important part considering that it was just a small part of the warehouse and Pun isnt going to show them everything hes got, how much more stuff do you think he has?

Why are you lowballing for? Theres 155 with much better equipment. You know how many people a gattling gun can kill? There were in fact 2000 approx seems I got part of my facts wrong, if I knew it was that much I would have increased the numbers. One gattling gun could kill 100s of Orcs and we havent even got onto missle and grenade launchers.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:54 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Umm, do Hand ninja's use guns?

I mean, if we've never seen them use gun's before, there's no proof they're actually a good shot....

quote:
and stop overestimating them. one bullet would kill an uruk-hi. gimli killed one with one strike to the stomach. dont argue that an axe to the stomach delivers more kientic energy then a bullet from an assault rifle.

Very different types of damage. An axe blow to the stomach would tear through your torso. Depending on where that hits you it could gut you, sever any of the four gastric arteries, rupture your stomach lining etc.

While a bullet would penetrate further, possibly creating an exit wound, you'd be more likely to keep on fighting than if some carved out your intestines. I mean, the army want to use curved rounds and other crippling bullets more because people who had been shot by penetrating rounds get back up again.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:05 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obadiah Horn

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Umm, do Hand ninja's use guns?

I mean, if we've never seen them use gun's before, there's no proof they're actually a good shot....

Very different types of damage. An axe blow to the stomach would tear through your torso. Depending on where that hits you it could gut you, sever any of the four gastric arteries, rupture your stomach lining etc.

While a bullet would penetrate further, possibly creating an exit wound, you'd be more likely to keep on fighting than if some carved out your intestines. I mean, the army want to use curved rounds and other crippling bullets more because people who had been shot by penetrating rounds get back up again.

Though I cant recall any instances of the Hand using guns they have used arrows blowguns and shiruken. Not the same thing but it shows they do have some skill in targeting and tracking . With the tight ranks the Orcs are keeping they dont need to be the best of shots. And they have more than enough ammo so its not like it has to be one shot one kill.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Obadiah Horn
you greatly overestimate the size of the army. In the movie I remember tGimlet and Legolas counting off kills and I believe they were up to like 48 or 49 a piece. Thats 2 warrions that took out 1% of the Orc army with just melee attacks. You think that a trained ninja with guns couldnt easily match that?

Gimli - 43

Legolas - 42

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 05:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Gimli - 43

Legolas - 42

I still can't believe Gimli won that one.
quote:

You are kidding. First of all, We don't know the amount of strenght Gimli put in his axe. They aren't human. Also, Human can survive a hit from a Bullet; even if it hit the stomach. Also, the shooter in this instance is surrounded, so he won't have time to aim and then shoot. He will be basically shooting blindly at Uruk-hai who have Shields, armor, and meatshield.

quote:
uruks retreat plenty when they realize that there is simply no hope in winning.

So?? I give up playing Basketball against my friend when he has a huge lead. Does that mean I am scared, or I have no will to fight on.

quote:
are people really arguing that uruks dont have fear?

They are slaves. Since I read LOTR, The Silmarillion, and Hobbits when I was like 14-16 and I could not under well. Still don't actually!

Either way, from what I remember:

There are Goblins which are cave orcs.
There are Orcs which are the main breed.
Uruk Hai which are Aryan Orcs (Racially superior and all that.)
Half Orcs are part Orc and Part Human

They all serve Sauron, and they have no will. What he commands, they must do. They "might" have fear, but it doesn't stop them.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:29 PM
Deadline

I still can't believe Gimli won that one.

You are kidding. First of all, We don't know the amount of strenght Gimli put in his axe. They aren't human. Also, Human can survive a hit from a Bullet; even if it hit the stomach. Also, the shooter in this instance is surrounded, so he won't have time to aim and then shoot. He will be basically shooting blindly at Uruk-hai who have Shields, armor, and meatshield.

So?? I give up playing Basketball against my friend when he has a huge lead. Does that mean I am scared, or I have no will to fight on.

They are slaves. Since I read LOTR, The Silmarillion, and Hobbits when I was like 14-16 and I could not under well. Still don't actually!

Either way, from what I remember:

There are Goblins which are cave orcs.
There are Orcs which are the main breed.
Uruk Hai which are Aryan Orcs (Racially superior and all that.)
Half Orcs are part Orc and Part Human

They all serve Sauron, and they have no will. What he commands, they must do. They "might" have fear, but it doesn't stop them.

Could you please try not to take the piss. eg we dont know how much strength gimili put into it and assuming the guys will be surrounded.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:41 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Could you please try not to take the piss. eg we dont know how much strength gimili put into it and assuming the guys will be surrounded.

What I mean is, you don't know how much strength he put compared to a Human. He even wanted to compare a strike from a axe and a bullet which is different.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:43 PM
Deadline

What I mean is, you don't know how much strength he put compared to a Human. He even wanted to compare a strike from a axe and a bullet which is different.

Im sorry thats not a very good point. Gimli maybe stronger than an average human but hes not superhuman or peak human. The point is that if an axe to the stomache can kill them they dont have some unusual amazing resistance to damage. So therefore bullets should put them down. Hell im pretty sure I saw humans killing Orcs and they didnt have to chop their heads off.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:47 PM
xJLxKing

Im sorry thats not a very good point. Gimli maybe stronger than an average human but hes not superhuman or peak human. The point is that if an axe to the stomache can kill them they dont have some unusual amazing resistance to damage. So therefore bullets should put them down. Hell im pretty sure I saw humans killing Orcs and they didnt have to chop their heads off.

Orc aren't the same as Uruk-Hai, I already posted that.

Also, an axe and a bullet are two different things. They work differently. For example, Gimli cleaved a Orc's head off using a Axe. can you do it using a Bullet? Of course not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:50 PM