KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV Online

Final Fantasy XIV Online
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

You all suck

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 07:31 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

So Ninja Class is being added in like 3 days

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 05:11 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

No one plays anymore? HW hits in a few days.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:24 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I started playing this the other day. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. Great graphics, nice world that feels lived in and a distinctly Final Fantasy atmosphere.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 08:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It is VERY good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 08:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

What do you play, Pr? I'm leveling a Lancer and plan on playing a dragoon, I hear they're good. I'm curious as to how you go about leveling other classes on the same character. Do more quests show up when you change classes?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 08:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Pretty much the same quests that you haven't completed are up except class/job specific quests for each class you start leveling. Only real differences I have seen is the main story making some slight adjustments in dialogue depending on what class you are doing it on. And yes dragoon got a huge boost for Heavensward, they're great now.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 05:43 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
What do you play, Pr? I'm leveling a Lancer and plan on playing a dragoon, I hear they're good. I'm curious as to how you go about leveling other classes on the same character. Do more quests show up when you change classes?

The best way to level new classes (outside of story missions, which you can only do once), is once you hit level 16, start doing dungeons. I got a Conjurer from level 16 to level 34 in only a few days at a few hours a day. And you get sweet loot.

I main a Paladin, but I've got a Dragoon at 30, and a White Mage at 34 (I needed their cross class skills for Paladin).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 05:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I've been really enjoying this game. My dragoon is level 44 now and this is definitely one of the more enjoyable MMO's I've played.

Also gotta say the community seems downright amazing. Last week I had this dungeon run, where I and the tank were both new, first time doing the dungeon. We wiped twice on the first boss. After the second death I expected people to start leaving the group out of frustration as would definitely happen in WoW or other MMO's. But the two more veteran players stuck around and taught the tank the fights and even how to better hold aggro. It took a while but we ended up beating the dungeon after about an hour. It was a very nice experience. Everyone I've encountered in the game has been extremely nice and friendly. It's pretty incredible.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2015 01:33 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Does the game come with a free trial period or anything like that?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2015 03:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

There's a two week free trial that you can download. With that you can get to level 20. If you buy the game there's also a month of gametime included.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2015 04:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've been really enjoying this game. My dragoon is level 44 now and this is definitely one of the more enjoyable MMO's I've played.

Also gotta say the community seems downright amazing. Last week I had this dungeon run, where I and the tank were both new, first time doing the dungeon. We wiped twice on the first boss. After the second death I expected people to start leaving the group out of frustration as would definitely happen in WoW or other MMO's. But the two more veteran players stuck around and taught the tank the fights and even how to better hold aggro. It took a while but we ended up beating the dungeon after about an hour. It was a very nice experience. Everyone I've encountered in the game has been extremely nice and friendly. It's pretty incredible.

They are pretty nice. Also, you get an EXP boost if you finish a dungeon in a team with someone that's never finished it before, so it gives people an incentive to stick around.

Glad you're enjoying it man.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2015 06:06 AM
BackFire

Oh man, so I just hit level 50 and finished the main 2.0 story and got the magitek armor mount. I mounted it for the first time and heard the music from the march to Narshe from FFVI and almost shit myself. That was such an amazing touch.

I really love how this game FEELS like a FF game. In fact I think from just a story perspective, despite being pretty slow, in the end is the best FF game in years. It's the first one to come out since probably 10 that gets the atmosphere and sense of wonder that the series has had in the past, but has lost since then.

Also it's a wonderful love letter to the series. It's really fun to see various aspects from other FF games represented here.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 09:05 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New expansion coming next summer:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood

New area (Ala Mhigo), possible new classes/jobs (Dancer and Red Mage), and the big surprise to me, was the end of PS3 support.

From now until December, you can claim a free copy of FFXIV on PS4 if you currently have it on PS3, but after Stormblood comes out, PS3 players won't be able to log in. This means graphical updates to the game too, so I'm looking forward to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 08:38 AM
cbak

Should be sweet, this is probably the best MMO I've played in years.

It'll be interesting to see how they implement RDM in the game seeing as it's generally been a BLM/WHM hybrid, and it's hard to see how they would do something like that given how involved the umbral ice/astral fire mechanic is, plus I guess a balanced dps/healer class wouldn't really fit in with the traditional mmo roles this game has, compared to say, Final Fantasy XI.

The job I personally really want to see is Blue Mage anyway, really hoping they add that in at some point.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 12:53 AM
cbak is currently offline Click here to Send cbak a Private Message Find more posts by cbak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly don't know much about Red Mage bar people saying it would be a support class of some sort, but I'd most likely roll one. I'm almost to 50 with a BLM and I've been enjoying it so far. It's the first ranged dps class I've played heavily, and it makes me wonder what variety a Red one might bring.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 04:59 PM
BackFire

Red Mage was my favorite class in FFXI, I love hybrid classes and would definitely try one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:57 PM
cbak

Red Mage was my favorite class in FFXI, I love hybrid classes and would definitely try one.

I have a feeling they'll probably abandon the whole BLM/WHM thing and maybe make it a sword using class with magic support abilities or something like that.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly don't know much about Red Mage bar people saying it would be a support class of some sort, but I'd most likely roll one. I'm almost to 50 with a BLM and I've been enjoying it so far. It's the first ranged dps class I've played heavily, and it makes me wonder what variety a Red one might bring.

I've actually much preferred BRD to BLM as far as ranged DPS classes go just due to it being so much more mobile, though I've also heard in HW you learn this new ability that makes it lose its mobility so not really sure what to ultimately expect.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:28 PM
cbak is currently offline Click here to Send cbak a Private Message Find more posts by cbak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly haven't levelled a Bard, so I can't speak to it, but yeah, BLM is heavily dependent on being able to stay in one place. Took a while for me to learn that as I'm so used to being mobile (having levelled a PLD, WHM and NIN).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 03:04 AM
cbak

I wonder if other MMOs will ever adopt a similar feature to the Novice Network you have in this game. You wouldn't really think it for such a minor and sort of random thing but it now feels like an almost indispensable ease of use feature for an MMO to have.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 11:52 AM