KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV Online

Final Fantasy XIV Online
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know, right? And the gear you get from the Hall of Novice is pretty spiffy too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 12:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Stormblood details that are confirmed so far:

◾The expansion automatically increases the level cap to 70 for all disciplines.
◾The battle system will be revamped. One change is that cross-class skills will now be determined by role rather than specific classes.
◾New jobs Red Mage and Samurai.
◾New areas are said to be comparable to Heavensward areas in size. Flying mounts supported.
◾Players will be able to go swimming and diving in bodies of water.
◾The story begins in a place called Rhalgr's Reach.
◾A new continent to explore: far eastern Othard.
◾New locations, including the island chain of Hingashi; the Ruby Sea, home to pirates and the Kojin beast tribe; Yanxia, home to the Garlean-occupied Doma; and the Azim Steppe, ancestral home of the Au Ra.
◾A new city, the port town of Kugane, in Hingashi.
◾A new far eastern styped housing area, Shirogane. (Feudal Japan style. WANT.)
◾Two new Beast Tribes, the Ananta, a serpentine tribe, and the Kojin, a tortoise-like tribe.
◾New Primals, including the Ananta primal Lakshmi, Lady of Bliss, and the Kojin primal Susano, Lord of the Revel.
◾A new high-end raid: Interdimensional Rift - Omega, the Bend of Time.
◾A new 24-man raid series: Return to Ivalice, with a story written by Yasumi Matsuno.
◾Exploratory missions set in The Forbidden Land of Eureka.
◾The inventory system will be expanded.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/...XIV:_Stormblood

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 01:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
◾A new 24-man raid series: Return to Ivalice, with a story written by Yasumi Matsuno.

Very intruiged by exactly what this is going to entail.

Old Post May 11th, 2017 10:51 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Same. I'm a big fan of the Crystal Tower stuff, so I'd be up for more along the same vein.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 15th, 2017 11:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So much new stuff revealed this week too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:36 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Any thoughts of the new expansion? I started playing this again am in the process of finishing up Heavensward content.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just reached Kugane today, and it is a beautiful city. They were hit with a massive DDOS attack that made the server strain worse during early access (to the point that a huge section of the playerbase couldn't even progress in the story without being booted or disconnected), but for the most part people seem to be happy with the expansion and the QOL changes now that shit is dying down..

They butt-****ed Summoner and Scholar though. Hard. My main was a SMN and now I'm thinking of levelling something else when I hit 70 (62 atm).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:35 AM
BackFire

Red Mage looks pretty fun. I may give that a go.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 01:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Red Mage looks pretty fun. I may give that a go.

thumb up They've both been received pretty well. And Paladin got some amazing buffs to bring it back up to parity (if not superiority) with the other tanks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 02:50 AM
BackFire

Red Mage is very fun, really flashy and satisfying. I do kinda wish they'd let classes have multiple roles in this game, being able to heal as a red mage would be pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 11:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Red Mage is very fun, really flashy and satisfying. I do kinda wish they'd let classes have multiple roles in this game, being able to heal as a red mage would be pretty cool.

Yeah I know what you mean. More diverse roles would allow more freedom imo.

Holy shit though, I love the swimming mechanic. Deep sea diving is great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 08:06 PM
BackFire

It would just make sense in a lot of cases, too. Like, warriors have a dps stance, but they can't queue as dps, dark knights could have a dps stance as well. Red Mages could heal, maybe even ninja or samurai could have had a tank stance or something. Ninja/Samurai having the option to be a dodge tank would have been pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It would help with those awful dps queues too, I imagine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:48 PM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

It could be cool, even if only for lore purposes. Though I don't think it's too big a deal, seeing as how easily you can switch between classes on the same character in the first place. Just requires using and levelling up at least three classes I guess.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 12:26 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I've been leveling a Paladin through the palace of the dead. It's pretty crazy how good the exp is there. On the flipside, I wish they'd buff the amount of exp you get from various quests out in the world, as currently they seem completely unworthy of your time. Don't know why they don't utilize the armory bonus.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 07:13 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've been leveling a Paladin through the palace of the dead. It's pretty crazy how good the exp is there. On the flipside, I wish they'd buff the amount of exp you get from various quests out in the world, as currently they seem completely unworthy of your time. Don't know why they don't utilize the armory bonus.

Outside of story and job quests, the only side ones I even go near are ones that award gear. I won't touch them otherwise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 10:22 PM
BackFire

Yeah exactly, it's too bad because now that Potd is around the leveling zones seem pretty dead. And I have a bunch of random sidequests but they just aren't worth doing.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 04:21 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I noticed that at least some of the quest chains in SB, you can tell they've at least tried to make them entertaining. For me though, I'm level 65 doing level 63 story quests and I haven't even been trying that hard, so I doubt I'm going to be rushing to try anything.

ATM I'm currently trying to get the money together for when they launch a new housing zone. I have enough to buy a medium but want a large, dammit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 09:59 AM
BackFire

Red Mage is super fun.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 07:51 PM
Quincy
Debaser

I kinda want to give this a shot. Do you find the world really engaging? I want to get really engrossed in a game.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 12:46 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote