KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV Online

Final Fantasy XIV Online
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Bumping to say that Shadowbringers was great. Art direction, story, and music were all amazing.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2019 03:02 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Playing this again, working my way through Stormblood's post release content. Enjoying it so far, and am excited for Shadowbringers since I hear it's the best FF experience in like 20 years.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 05:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not even finished it and it's really ****ing good so far.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 07:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johncarner

I think it's when you register and launch for the first time.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 10:24 AM
johncarner is currently offline Click here to Send johncarner a Private Message Find more posts by johncarner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

I regretted for not playing this game for almost a month because was interested in other games sad

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2020 02:08 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Nearing the end of Shadowbringers. The hype is justified. It’s an exceptional game and on its way to being one of my favorite stories in the FF series.

It brings out the same feelings in me that my favorite games in the series do. A sense of scale, wonder, tragedy, humor, whimsy, and the feeling that I don’t want this story to end.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 03:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Finished the latest patch’s story content which wraps up the Shadowbringers storyline and it just cemented the expansion as one of the best stories ever told in the series. Seriously probably top three with a villain that rivals the likes of Kefka and Sephiroth. Anyone who considers themselves a fan of the series should really make the effort to play this game. They just revamped the early story of the game to make it a bit faster and less grindy.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 06:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm still playing through it, but I am loving it thus far. Easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had this year.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 06:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

It’s just so good man. The woman who wrote seriously needs to write the next mainline game in the series. She’s insanely talented.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 07:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 18th, 2020 08:00 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So with Endwalker now two weeks away (early access starts on the 19th, full release on the 23rd), time to look at some of the new stuff.

New Jobs:

Reaper (Kaiun Highwind/Bloodborne inspired Melee DPS using a scythe)
Sage (Gundamn inspired Healer using lazers)

New Areas:

Garlemald (in some fashion it seems), Radz-at-Han, Sharlayan, and the Moon.

Multiple changes to existing jobs (Summoner got an almost complete rework), belts are being removed as equippable equipment, and one of the biggest changes of all, is the stat squish.

This stat squish, from what I can gather, means that in most content, the actual damage and healing numbers will be lower, but the actual effects will still be largely the same. An example: If an attack hit you for 80k before and you had 100k HP, it would now, if your hp was 10k, hit you for 8k. Same proportionate damage, just lower actual numbers.

This was, the devs said, to facilitate how much the game might grow in future, and they're still working on how they'll make sure overgeared people can solo older content.

Loads of other changes too, but the site with all the changes should be up before launch.

Can't ****ing wait.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 4th, 2021 02:36 PM
BackFire

That's good news about the stat squish, though yeah, it usually comes with some hiccups when it comes to soloing older content. Same thing happened in WoW during their stat squishes.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 09:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
That's good news about the stat squish, though yeah, it usually comes with some hiccups when it comes to soloing older content. Same thing happened in WoW during their stat squishes.

Ah, I didn't know that. At least they admitted during the last live letter that they know it can cause issues, so they're just not just assuming it's gonna be plain sailing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 6th, 2021 12:20 AM