KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV Online

Final Fantasy XIV Online
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

Mairuzu's got a boner for the Cat-People.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 08:45 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Mithra's, *****!

So quince, once we get this game, we're leveling together.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:25 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
hahah yea, **** wow!

proof? would be awesome.

cept for tarutaru's... gosh, hated people who played them. annoying little kids

i was a mithra haha, bomb assss, i think i'll be human this time though, depending if there are other races
The ff wiki mentioned it, though it is unreliable the concept art does show taru's and elvaans.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 01:29 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Mithra's, *****!

So quince, once we get this game, we're leveling together.

Hell yes we are you *******.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 03:10 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

really high, trying to figure out what it says...

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 03:19 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

FFXIV Q&A session

Note: read from bottom to top.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/990/990578p1.html
quote:

12:28p.m.: The session is ending. The audience claps and heads to the front to take photos of the Square-Enix team.

12:27p.m.: Question - If I am new to MMOs, why would I choose FFXIV over all the games that are already on the market?

Answer - The world and the story. They believe theirs stands out.

12:26p.m.: Answer - It is a different world, a different game. So you will not be able to do that, no. But as they said earlier you can create a similar character.

Also, FFXIV will not be using the Play Online system. But they want to be able to move friend lists from FFXI over.

12:25p.m.: Question - FFXI fans want to know if they will be able to move their characters from FFXI to FFIX

12:24p.m.: Question - Will you let FFXI players into the beta test? How will that process work?

12:23p.m.: Also, FFXI is still party-based, but with FFIX they want to make content for many different types of play styles - people who want to play in long stretches or short bursts, etc.

12:22p.m.: Answer - The key word is growth of the character. Not just high quality of graphics and storytelling but new game systems that allow characters to grow and change in a dynamic way. The job system will be 'quite different' than the one in FFXI.

(They are mentioning 'new systems' quite a bit. But we're not quite sure what those will be just yet.)

12:21p.m.: (He is saying something about peregrine falcons. Wait, that can't be right. My Japanese dictionary is terrible.)

12:20p.m.: Question - What are the highlights of the game they would like to emphasize? What are they doing differently from FFXI?
How many different kinds of Chocobo will be in the game?

12:19p.m.: Question - During the battle scene we saw many different enemies. Will the combat be many vs. many or one vs. many? A mix of both?

Answer - They don't know how much they can say about that. But they do want to have a mix of both.

12:18p.m.: Question - In yesterday's trailer, is that the quality we will see in the actual game?

Answer - There were parts that were pre-rendered and parts that were in-game. The combat scene shown in the trailer was in-game footage.

12:17p.m.: A question from the Japanese press coming now.
Not ruling out a version of the game on Xbox 360.

12:15p.m.: Answer - Originally FFXI was designed for PS2 and moved on to PC and 360. People were wondering why they didn't just port it to new generation machines. But it just wasn't feasible to move all the content. They used that time to make a new experience instead.

12:14p.m.: Someone just asked why the FFXI team is making another MMO. I think they were a little confused. The panel is politely answering.

12:13p.m.: Answer - The plan from the beginning was to make the best Final Fantasy game available. The way to do that, they thought, was through the MMO genre. But they are also implementing some new systems that will innovate.

12:12p.m.: Question - Is there anything within the MMO genre that SE is trying to improve with FFXIV?

12:11p.m.: Question - Is there any plan to translate the game to Spanish?(What do platypuses have to do with anything? Again, I should probably wait for the translation. That doesn't make sense at all.)

Answer - Currently there is no Spanish translation in the works. But if the demand is high enough it would be considered. But it would have to be after launch because of the plan for a simultaneous worldwide launch.

12:10p.m.: Answer - It's up to the communities themselves. We hope they will move from FFXI eventually to FFXIV.

12:09p.m.: Question - How will the communities be managed in FFXIV?

12:08p.m.: Question - Will there be a plan for taking feedback from users and integrating it into the game over time, much like FFXI today?

Answer - Yes. They plan to do just that. The beta will also be important.

12:07p.m.: Also, there are worldwide servers and cross-platform and cross-region servers. But things have yet to be determined in the beta. Much like FFXI. Going for a good balance.

12:06p.m.: Question - Will there be a simultaneous worldwide release?

Answer - Yes, at the launch it will be worldwide for PS3 and PC. Four languages - Japanese, English, German and French.

12:05p.m.: Answer - Yes, they plan on using the things they learned in FFXI, which was designed for party battles and was adapted over time for solo play. Solo play will be integrated earlier in FFXIV this time around.

12:04p.m.: Question - Will the ability to play solo be a part of FFXIV, as it was in FFXI?

12:04p.m.: Question - Will the combat be turn-based?

They decline to answer that question just yet.

12:03p.m.: Answer - We do want to put some of that (casual user appeal) in the game. But they want to make it unique.

12:02p.m.: Question - Jeremy asks about the influence of World of Warcraft on the development of FFXIV. Was it (or games like it) considered when making the game?

12:00p.m.: Answer - The development for FFXIV started 4 or 5 years ago, and it's gone on alongside FFXI development. They plan to continue with one year more of content for FFXI.

11:59a.m.: Question - What happens to FFXI now if we're moving to FFXIV? Will it be phased out? (I don't speak Japanese but I think he's saying something about fruitbats. Maybe I'll just wait for the translation.)

11:58a.m.: Answer - These are different races. The world is different then FFXI. The reason they made them look similar is so the people who were playing XI can choose a similar type of race to the one they were already playing.

11:57a.m.: A question is asked about the races in the game - are they tied to FFXI?

11:56a.m.: He says the game will come to PS3 and PC, and they are also 'considering all options at this time' in terms of other hardware, including Microsoft products. The q and a session begins.

11:55a.m: The speakers are the producers and a director. Hashimoto-san wants to clarify the exclusivity details of the game. He speaks through a translator. He has a lot to say, apparently...

11: 54a.m. The session is beginning. The speakers come on stage. They are not riding Chocobos. Fail.

11:53a.m.: IGN Editorial Manager Jeremy Dunham is here with me. He is berating members of the audience.

11:52a.m.: I'm hoping they ride in on chocobo's. This is an invitation-only event. How the heck did we get in here?

they didn't rule out a 360 version...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:13 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Nice.. its interesting that they took alot of elements from Everquest and such... I wonder where they're going to draw inspiration for their new combat engine

and I hope its as interactive as XI, with skill chains and magic bursts

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 07:41 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

We can be one big KMC Party.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:19 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

sex!

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:26 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Quincy
Mairuzu's got a boner for the Cat-People.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:37 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Even Square Enix can smell WoW money all the way from Japan.

So far confirmed on PS3 and PC.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:44 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I hope it stays Exclusive to PS3. That'd be bonerific.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:45 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Quincy
I hope it stays Exclusive to PS3. That'd be bonerific.

Then consider your hopes and boner crushed. PS3 exclusive would've been baaaad for the business. MMO that is not on the PC? Bad idea.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:48 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

People need to start accepting the fact exclusives are pretty much dead. I've come to this conclusion and I'm at peace.

Anyways I might get this game if only because I didn't jump the FFXI bandwagon.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 05:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

there was a bandwagon? I played it because it was a whole new final fantasy experience, a great one at that. (Imo)

And i dont understand the point in exclusives...

i mean, id rather have more people playing then less... more parties!

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 05:36 PM
S_D_J
Bane

there was a bandwagon? I played it because it was a whole new final fantasy experience, a great one at that. (Imo)

And i dont understand the point in exclusives...

i mean, id rather have more people playing then less... more parties!

more...
sex!

wink

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 05:59 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Even Square Enix can smell WoW money all the way from Japan.

So far confirmed on PS3 and PC.
What does WoW have to do with it?

And Mairuzu brings up a good point. You should in this game be allowed to sex up other people's characters.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 06:24 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

It's obviously going to look far superior to WoW (Graphics wise)

hell, even ffxi did. (if you played it on a good pc/xbox360)

and yes, more sex wink

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 06:31 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

More sex with galka?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 02:29 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
More sex with galka?
I would prefer a Tarutaru.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 02:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote