KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV Online

Final Fantasy XIV Online
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Square Enix needs to die.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 10:34 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair

You said it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 11:07 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

How the mighty have fallen.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 11:22 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

All we see above there from the banned person is a failure to understand how basic principles work. And an outright observation failure by implying XI was not a grind-fest.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeydude
Cleveland is the Reason.

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Square Enix was the best producer of RPG's in the 90's.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:11 PM
mikeydude is currently offline Click here to Send mikeydude a Private Message Find more posts by mikeydude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by mikeydude
Square Enix was the best producer of RPG's in the 90's.

Square Enix didn't exist in the 90s. That was before the merger. Square was the best producer of RPGs in the 90s.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:28 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Enix also made pretty damn good RPGs - Dragon Quest, anyone? But yes, the merger didn't really help either side much.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well yeah. Ironic that two great RPG companies started going downhill once they became one... culminating in what looks like a Final Fantasy game being almost universally panned by critics and players alike.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:35 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah. It's like...what the hell, how does that even happen?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Banned?
Restricted

Account Restricted

Firstly, can I ask why I was banned? If it was for no reason other than disagreeing with a moderator that's pretty sad...

Secondly, explain how FFXI and XIV are even similar in principle, and define principle while you're at it, if the criteria I was using doesn't fit your definition. You also couldn't be more wrong about FFXI; again, have you even played it. It was no different from any other Final Fantasy game, there was no grind involved whatsoever, everything was driven by the story as any other Final Fantasy, and the quests and missions alone provided you with enough to do to level at a pace to continue progressing through them. Again, did you even play it Ushgaruk?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:42 PM
Banned? is currently offline Click here to Send Banned? a Private Message Find more posts by Banned? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Banned?
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game excluded, name one game that SE developed that wasn't at the very least amazing? Final Fantasy XII and XIII are arguably the two best games in the entire series, and other games such as The World Ends With You have also been pretty incredible.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:45 PM
Banned? is currently offline Click here to Send Banned? a Private Message Find more posts by Banned? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, the idea that FFXI had 'no grind whatsoever' is hysterical... it also plummets any possible credibility from a poster.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oxbar
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know why you're going to keep banning me and respond at the same time; also is there somewhere I can appeal to my ban as I still haven't received an explanation.

Anyway, explain to me how FFXI was as much of a grind fest as you seem to believe? As long as you weren't an idiot and did the quests and missions it would be entirely pointless to grind. The game was made in a way so that you don't grind. Again, did you play XI? You're clearly misinformed if you think it's at all similar to XIV and an especially grind intensive MMO.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:55 PM
Oxbar is currently offline Click here to Send Oxbar a Private Message Find more posts by Oxbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oxbar
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you go to the ffxi wikia you can see how much story content there was; more than enough to get through without having to resort to grinding, i cna assure you.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:56 PM
Oxbar is currently offline Click here to Send Oxbar a Private Message Find more posts by Oxbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you bothered to check, you would see I didn't ban you in the first place. You are being banned now for socking and if you keep doing it your posts will be deleted.

FFXI is FAMOUSLY a grind fest. It is one of its primary attributes, much commented upon by reviews and community sites all around. Let's hear Peach's opinion...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Banned?
Firstly, can I ask why I was banned? If it was for no reason other than disagreeing with a moderator that's pretty sad...

Well there are the 100+ sock ccounts.....

quote:
It was no different from any other Final Fantasy game, there was no grind involved whatsoever,

Uh, what? Final Fantasy's 5, 8, X-2 and 12 disagree with you. Their entire combat systems are built around grind. Most of the FF systems are.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:59 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oxbarr
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, fine. Can you at least tell me where I can enquire as to why i got banned and appeal it? And may i ask who banned me? When you get banned it doens't ;et you leave the screen so i had to switch web browser to be able to return.

"Well there are the 100+ sock ccounts....."

Wait, what is that? I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere where I got banned, I just assumed Ushgarak was talking gibberish.

"Uh, what? Final Fantasy's 5, 8 and 12 disagree with you. Their entire combat systems are built around grind. Most of the FF systems are."

Well I never played 5, but 8 couldn't have been further from that. Enemies levelled with you, so there was literally no purpose at all to grinding. I was able to play through XII just fine without grinding.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:04 PM
Oxbarr is currently offline Click here to Send Oxbarr a Private Message Find more posts by Oxbarr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You had to grind for hours to draw spells. The other ways are equally grind-tastic. That was what most of the game was, at least for me.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:08 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oxbarr
Restricted

Account Restricted

It didn't take anywhere near as long as people made out. I could max out on a single spell in a few minutes, tops. The vast majority of the game is simply going through the story and event specific gameplay.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:10 PM
Oxbarr is currently offline Click here to Send Oxbarr a Private Message Find more posts by Oxbarr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oxbarr
Restricted

Account Restricted

"You are being banned now for socking and if you keep doing it your posts will be deleted."

Sorry, i forgot about this, ill stop responding until this is resolved.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:13 PM