KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » How strong is Wolverine compared to Sabretooth?

How strong is Wolverine compared to Sabretooth?
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

How strong is Wolverine compared to Sabretooth?

This question has been in my mind for some time now. I know both Wolverine & Sabretooth have super-strength and Sabretooth has usually always been a little bit stronger, but in tons, how strong are both?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:31 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Creed is somewhere between 15-25 tons, I believe
Logan is somewhere between 1000lbs and 2tons

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:22 AM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Wow, Wolverine really is sloppy seconds compared to Creed.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 02:33 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Creed is somewhere between 15-25 tons, I believe
Logan is somewhere between 1000lbs and 2tons

logan is officialy able to lift in excess of 800lbs, hes been stated to have enahaned strength which means 800lbs to 2ton range (it desn't necessarily mean he can lift 2 tons though, he can lift withing thouse limits), also marvel has staed that logans strength is due to his skelteon , so his pressing ability might be less without it messed

as for creed , where on earth did you pull those figures from? your numbers are clearly speculation based on evidence iassume, but i ahve seen the sabretooth respect trhead nad dont think class 15 or even 25 is suitable

creed doesn't have an offical strength figure, however it is accepted that before further enahcncements he had equal strength to logan (800lb to 2 ton range),

is he stronger than spiderman,us agent etc class 10?
class 15-25 is too high sad

Last edited by ankur29 on Jun 11th, 2009 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:36 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ankur29
also marvel has staed that logans strength is due to his skelteon , so his pressing ability might be less without it messed

Due to his adamantium skeleton AND healing factor.

creed doesn't have an offical strength figure, however it is accepted that before further enahcncements he had equal strength to logan (800lb to 2 ton range)

Equal...? erm

Hard as I hit... he hit harder.

(please log in to view the image)

But Sabretooth is larger, faster, stronger.

(please log in to view the image)

Not really. Check his respect thread again.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 06:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

logan is officialy able to lift in excess of 800lbs, hes been stated to have enahaned strength which means 800lbs to 2ton range (it desn't necessarily mean he can lift 2 tons though, he can lift withing thouse limits), also marvel has staed that logans strength is due to his skelteon , so his pressing ability might be less without it messed

as for creed , where on earth did you pull those figures from? your numbers are clearly speculation based on evidence iassume, but i ahve seen the sabretooth respect trhead nad dont think class 15 or even 25 is suitable

creed doesn't have an offical strength figure, however it is accepted that before further enahcncements he had equal strength to logan (800lb to 2 ton range),

is he stronger than spiderman,us agent etc class 10?

actually sabertoth and spiderman have always been the same strength around 15 tons

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 06:05 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by jalek moye
actually sabertoth and spiderman have always been the same strength around 15 tons

where was that stated, spideys gt higher strength feats than sabretooths.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 07:09 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Due to his adamantium skeleton AND healing factor.

Equal...? erm

Not really. Check his respect thread again.

i did say it is acepted that they are equal , it is a misconception that they are of the same strength caliber, i have mistyped my point sorry , i do agree sabretoothis stroger thanwolverine , but since wolverine's strength is uncertain , so is sabretooths

what feats of his are you trying to suggest put sabretooth clas 15- 25 ,has he ever pressed 25tons above his head? taht would make him as strong as cage,

specualtion is always speculation confused . calss 15 - 25 is overambiguous in my opinion , and yes i have checked thread again thank you smile

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 07:15 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

where was that stated, spideys gt higher strength feats than sabretooths.

he also has hundreds and hundreds of more appearances and has several comic lines.

however when they confronted one another sabre-tooth easily grabbed him and was shown as the stronger of the two.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:47 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

i

specualtion is always speculation confused . calss 15 - 25 is overambiguous in my opinion , and yes i have checked thread again thank you smile

really if you did you would have seen that sabre-tooth has 3 shot rouge a class 75 tonner. gone toe to toe with ms marvel who a 50 tonner. You would have seen that he over powered a force field that even a rage bull elephant could not. You also would have seen that he had up grades given to him by weapon x in strength. You also would have seen him swinging around roughly a 10 ton generator like a base ball bat

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:51 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Battlehammer
really if you did you would have seen that sabre-tooth has 3 shot rouge a class 75 tonner. gone toe to toe with ms marvel who a 50 tonner. You would have seen that he over powered a force field that even a rage bull elephant could not. You also would have seen that he had up grades given to him by weapon x in strength. You also would have seen him swinging around roughly a 10 ton generator like a base ball bat

I'm glad you have mad those points

sabretooth vs class 75 , could be down to him have a good healing factor, his HF is so good that a class 75 cant knock him out
, he just needs to have sufficient strength to to knock around a woman of rouge or ms marvel's weight smile, his skill could of come into play when knocking her out or knocking her out could be incorrect altogether, whats rogues greatest strength/durability feat ,compared with sabretooths strongest feat, should she of been knocked out ?

also being able to fight someone who is stronger than you isnt really a indication of how strong you are

bruce lee coould fight worlds strongest man etc sm fights rhino, dadredevil fights spiderman, cap fights poel who are stronger than him etc

where was it stated the generator weighed 10 tons, sone big thing sometimes only weigh very little and vice versa

hence class 15-25 is speculation

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:02 AM
ankur29
ankur

he also has hundreds and hundreds of more appearances and has several comic lines.

however when they confronted one another sabre-tooth easily grabbed him and was shown as the stronger of the two.

when was this, SM has his share of low showings , hes been overpowered by kingpin who is a human

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:03 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

when was this, SM has his share of low showings , hes been overpowered by kingpin who is a human

that was because his strength was yet to be defined so it was implied later that spiderman simply held back a lot.

late 90's. how is that a low showing? sabre-tooth is suposes to have great deal of superhuman strength and has been that way since being a wolverine villain. sabre-tooth also easily broken spidermans webbing.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:07 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

I'm glad you have mad those points

sabretooth vs class 75 , could be down to him have a good healing factor, his HF is so good that a class 75 cant knock him out

, he just needs to have sufficient strength to to knock around a woman of rouge or ms marvel's weight smile, his skill could of come into play when knocking her out or knocking her out could be incorrect altogether, whats rogues greatest strength/durability feat ,compared with sabretooths strongest feat, should she of been knocked out ?

He had classic level healing factor at the time, which was shitty, he was simply that dense.

He straight up knocked in two shots through power alone.

oh so now every time sabre-tooth accomplished something it was pis? nice.

being able to fight someone who is stronger than you isnt really a indication of how strong you are

It is when your doing it through sheer power. His muscles were so dense ms marvel could not pressure point him......

lee coould fight worlds strongest man etc sm fights rhino, dadredevil fights spiderman, cap fights poel who are stronger than him etc

yes, but bruce lee not going hit for hit with them.

was it stated the generator weighed 10 tons, sone big thing sometimes only weigh very little and vice versa

hence class 15-25 is speculation

Look it up. generator that size jinzin looked up would weight 10 tons he even gave a link in the respect thread i believe.

almost every single characters strength in specualation. 15 tons to 25 seems right when he toss around 10 ton object looking stronger then a 10 tonner ect.
also how strong a full raging bull elephant?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:16 AM
ankur29
ankur

He had classic level healing factor at the time, which was shitty, he was simply that dense.

He straight up knocked in two shots through power alone.

oh so now every time sabre-tooth accomplished something it was pis? nice.

It is when your doing it through sheer power. His muscles were so dense ms marvel could not pressure point him......

yes, but bruce lee not going hit for hit with them.

Look it up. generator that size jinzin looked up would weight 10 tons he even gave a link in the respect thread i believe.

almost every single characters strength in specualation. 15 tons to 25 seems right when he toss around 10 ton object looking stronger then a 10 tonner ect.
also how strong a full raging bull elephant?

i never said evertime he deoes sumin its pis sad

going hit for hit coudl eb due to healing factor

raging bull elephant ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Elephant

males can get as big as 15,000 lbs (6,800 kg)., 6.8 tons and im pretty sure they can't lift their bodyweight

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:27 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

males can get as big as 15,000 lbs (6,800 kg)., 6.8 tons and im pretty sure they can't lift their bodyweight

lol

it was due to durability, they comment on his muscles density.

sabre-tooth broke a force field designed to stop a charging raging bull elephant lol.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:30 AM
ankur29
ankur

lol

it was due to durability, they comment on his muscles density.

sabre-tooth broke a force field designed to stop a charging raging bull elephant lol.

a charging elephant , sounds like hyperbole and I’ll explain why

African elephant has a top speed of 39km/h (10.8m/s)
source: http://a-z-animals.com/animals/african-elephant/

now charging would be full speed times mass

therefore the force field would be designed to stop

(max mass of the elephant on the site of the speed) x top speed of elephant

i.e. 6800kg *10.8m/s =73440 keg/s

she'd have to be class 75 to overcome that barrier

regardless the same sabretooth who had Spiderman in a hold , was beaten horribly by Luke cage (who was class 3 at the time I think)

also cap has one shorted the hulk , sabretooth 3 shotting rogue still doesn’t mean he’s class 25 ,also wouldn’t that make him 12.5 x as strong as Logan

Last edited by ankur29 on Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:52 AM
jinzin

Elephants can drag 10 tons and horses hit with 7 tons of force at a gallop... Sabretooth able to outpower a charging elephant is easily a ten ton feat. no expression

And Cage was well into the ten ton class range when he fought Graydon Sabres...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 01:12 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by jinzin
Elephants can drag 10 tons and horses hit with 7 tons of force at a gallop... Sabretooth able to outpower a charging elephant is easily a ten ton feat. no expression

And Cage was well into the ten ton class range when he fought Graydon Sabres...

it said cahrging elephant , not dragging elephant sad

techincally being able to overcome would make sabretooth class 75

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:20 PM
jinzin

it said cahrging elephant , not dragging elephant sad

techincally being able to overcome would make sabretooth class 75

I... understand that... I just mentioned the dragging part to make my point more effective.

I don't know about 75 tons but yes it's well over ten.

There should really be no question that Sabretooth's well into the ten ton limit and above hoisting generator's up from their bolted locations.
And yes, most generators the size of a small car are about 10 tons in weight.
Unfortunately I went back to the thread I posted the link in and it's dead.

But hell, even these little guys are 4 tons a piece.
http://www.treehugger.com/files/200...its-stomach.php

In the same arc Sabretooth was ripping men apart who had tensil strength of skin enough to resist Adamantium claws; steel has a tensil strength of 28 tons PSI. no expression

He's also done the same to a Shiva droid.

As Hammer stated he held Spiderman down with one hand, and while you did try to discredit the feat with Cage, he arguably overpowered Cage in their first fight during a scramble too. confused

He's held a massive blast door over his head with 1 hand.

Ripped a huge steel I-beam out of it's secure location with one hand.

Sabretooth's ridiculously strong, even though Claremont sometimes like to pretend otherwise.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:55 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote