KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?

Will Batman 3 be as successful as "The Dark Knight"?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I'm 100% sure of it 5 18.52%
It's possible 12 44.44%
No, it can't be done...at least not now 6 22.22%
Not sure 4 14.81%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?

As far as critical acclaim, box office, and everything else goes, do you all think that Batman 3 will be as successful was TDK?

I think it's very possible but it'll take a lot of hard work, of course. Personally, I think the one thing that'll truly make it possible is if they make the Joker return, and get someone just as talented or more talented than Ledger. If the Joker is to return, they need someone like Johnny Depp.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 08:25 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Not unless a half decent actor dies while making it.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:03 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Batman 3 will be successful, but it will not make TDK type money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 06:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starlock

I wish people would stop saying ignorant things like this. Only a small fraction of people went to see TDK because Heath died. Before he died there was a large amount of hype going around for the movie, and if he hadn't died the movie would've still broken all the records it did, and been a huge hit. People act as if the entire crowd went to see it because Heath died, and that's not the case at all.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 09:17 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kainreaver

Hahaha. Heres what Batman and Robin should have been like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60pg6VsoGbk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 02:38 AM
Kainreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
I wish people would stop saying ignorant things like this. Only a small fraction of people went to see TDK because Heath died. Before he died there was a large amount of hype going around for the movie, and if he hadn't died the movie would've still broken all the records it did, and been a huge hit. People act as if the entire crowd went to see it because Heath died, and that's not the case at all.

The only ignorance is thinking his death did not effect the movie sales...and assuming sales would be the same and the same records would be broken,just shows how ignorant you are...so dont come to a battle of wits...unarmed wink

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 12:35 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I did'nt go to see Dark Knight just because of Heaths death i went because i wanted to see a Batman movie and i got it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by starlock

Half decent? Such Insolence.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:51 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Good point.He's always making ignorant comments like this cause he is just jeoulous that TDK made so much money at the box office and blew away that crapfest Batman 89's performance box office wise.as far as the topic of the thread is concerned,if the script is as good as TDK's was,its very possible that it will be as successful as TDK was box office wise.the one thing it has going for it that TDK had is that people loved Batman Begins so much since it was the only one made at that point that did justice to the comicbook,that they were much eager to see TDK than they were BATMAN BEGINS.many people made the mistake of thinking Batman Begins was just another sequal to that crapfest Burton/schumacher franchise and because of Batman and Robin were hesitant about seeing another batman movies at the theatres.because of how awesome TDK was,I think it will come very close box office wise to what TDK did.opening weekend is guaranteed to make it a smash hit cause of TDK.as far as being just as critically acclaimed,again that all depends on the script.i totally disagree though about having the joker return though,that would be too much like a tv show if they did that,lets see two face survive that fall and have this be HIS movie.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 04:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Good point.He's always making ignorant comments like this cause he is just jeoulous that TDK made so much money at the box office and blew away that crapfest Batman 89's performance box office wise.as far as the topic of the thread is concerned,if the script is as good as TDK's was,its very possible that it will be as successful as TDK was box office wise.the one thing it has going for it that TDK had is that people loved Batman Begins so much since it was the only one made at that point that did justice to the comicbook,that they were much eager to see TDK than they were BATMAN BEGINS.many people made the mistake of thinking Batman Begins was just another sequal to that crapfest Burton/schumacher franchise and because of Batman and Robin were hesitant about seeing another batman movies at the theatres.because of how awesome TDK was,I think it will come very close box office wise to what TDK did.opening weekend is guaranteed to make it a smash hit cause of TDK.as far as being just as critically acclaimed,again that all depends on the script.i totally disagree though about having the joker return though,that would be too much like a tv show if they did that,lets see two face survive that fall and have this be HIS movie.

Do you really think Two-Face survived?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I sure do.if you recall,gordon and bruce didnt appear to be all that concerned and heartbroken about it all like you would think they would be if he was indeed dead.I think knowing Nolan,he is doing with two face what he did with gordon,making people believe he is dead when he really isnt.I just cant imagine Nolan being an idiot and introducing a key villian like him briefly like he did just to kill him off like that.thats a shumacher/burton thing.I cant imiagine Nolan beig stupid like that like those two idiots Burton and schumacher.if it turns out he really is dead,my opinion on Nolan as the only great batman film director,just went down the toilet and i wont love TDK nearly as much as i do now.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 08:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I sure do.if you recall,gordon and bruce didnt appear to be all that concerned and heartbroken about it all like you would think they would be if he was indeed dead.I think knowing Nolan,he is doing with two face what he did with gordon,making people believe he is dead when he really isnt.I just cant imagine Nolan being an idiot and introducing a key villian like him briefly like he did just to kill him off like that.thats a shumacher/burton thing.I cant imiagine Nolan beig stupid like that like those two idiots Burton and schumacher.if it turns out he really is dead,my opinion on Nolan as the only great batman film director,just went down the toilet and i wont love TDK nearly as much as i do now.

good minds think alike.. I've always felt that Two Face is indeed alive and somewhere in Arkham Asylum, so he could definitely return to wreak havoc in Batman 3

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:43 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I think it's definitely possible for the third Nolan Batman film to make as much as TDK. People freakin' loved TDK, so they'll be extremely pumped for another.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:08 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
good minds think alike.. I've always felt that Two Face is indeed alive and somewhere in Arkham Asylum, so he could definitely return to wreak havoc in Batman 3

except your mind disagrees with me that the other batman movies were disgraceful batman movies remember? big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 09:23 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think it's definitely possible for the third Nolan Batman film to make as much as TDK. People freakin' loved TDK, so they'll be extremely pumped for another.

exactly.yeah thats what i said.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 09:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As far as critical acclaim, box office, and everything else goes, do you all think that Batman 3 will be as successful was TDK?

I think it's very possible but it'll take a lot of hard work, of course. Personally, I think the one thing that'll truly make it possible is if they make the Joker return, and get someone just as talented or more talented than Ledger. If the Joker is to return, they need someone like Johnny Depp.

no. More successful than Begins? Sure. As successful as TDK? no. As good a film as it was, imo it's ludicrous to claim that Ledger's death and the subsequent publicity had nothing to do with the success of the movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 09:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's also ridiculous to claim that most of everything successful about the movie stemmed from Ledger's death.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 14th, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 12:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

except your mind disagrees with me that the other batman movies were disgraceful batman movies remember? big grin

true, true

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's also ridiculous to claim that most of everything successful about the movie stemmed from Ledger's death.

i never said most of it did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 02:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I know. Just pointing that out there in case anyone did. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:10 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote