KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?

Will Batman 3 be as successful as "The Dark Knight"?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I'm 100% sure of it 5 18.52%
It's possible 12 44.44%
No, it can't be done...at least not now 6 22.22%
Not sure 4 14.81%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The thing with Schumacher was that parents were complaining about the Burton movies being "too dark" for their kids to watch... That's why they brought in Schumacher to make a family friendly Hollywood blockbuster movie...

With Nolan, no parents are complaining anymore... That's really the only thing that could make the series like Schumacher's again: Parents complaining...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:56 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

But then you also have to think; TDK was a dark movie and it made a billion dollars, so unless the parents complaining outweigh the parents not complaining, things aren't likely to change.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 08:50 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

It depends on how they choose to follow the last film up.

I think it can do 300 but I don't expect it will get 500 again.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 09:15 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

if they get the right people in the right roles again, it could be huge, but after watching TDK a gazillion times within the last few weeks, I'm seriously doubting if B3 can surpass what TDK did in terms of money.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 09:57 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Has TDK taught you nothing?! It's not about money, it's about sending a message.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 10:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

The one thing TDK taught me is that everything burns, hence the bad sensation I'm getting in my pants right now.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 10:38 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 07:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I think, if anything, one of the majory things that'll help TDK is all the hype that was built up from TDK. But, for the movie's legs to be good, the quality has to be as good or better than TDK, and with Nolan, I can see that happening.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 09:27 PM
guy222
With my gal

agreed

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 04:32 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Honestly, I could see Batman 3 toppling TDK, because with the success of TDK, we all know the marketing will be just as good, if not better the next time around. And just as with TDK, all the main players are likely to be perfect for the role they are chosen to be in. Whether we see a return from Two-Face or the Joker or the introduction of villains like the Riddler or Catwoman, Batman 3 should be a big success. Not to jinx Nolan, but he's going to make damn sure he delivers a well rounded and amazing movie.

For me, I know that my ass is going to be in a theater seat as many times as possible. I'd love for nothing more than for Batman 3 to be able to surpass Titanic, which is totally possible, but we won't know until it actually happens.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 12:07 PM
Indestructible
The Power House

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Honestly, I could see Batman 3 toppling TDK, because with the success of TDK, we all know the marketing will be just as good, if not better the next time around. And just as with TDK, all the main players are likely to be perfect for the role they are chosen to be in. Whether we see a return from Two-Face or the Joker or the introduction of villains like the Riddler or Catwoman, Batman 3 should be a big success. Not to jinx Nolan, but he's going to make damn sure he delivers a well rounded and amazing movie.

For me, I know that my ass is going to be in a theater seat as many times as possible. I'd love for nothing more than for Batman 3 to be able to surpass Titanic, which is totally possible, but we won't know until it actually happens.

I toatly agree with you. I hope in batman 3 the villians will be Riddler and Two-Face. I hope they dont redo Joker. Heath is the Joker and they shouldnt change it. I heard there was some extra footage from TDK that there gonna use in Batman 3. I heard the scene is Joker and Scarecrow sitting in there Arkham cells. If this rumor is true than it will clear the smoke and we wont need to redo Joker.

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:55 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Originally posted by Indestructible
I toatly agree with you. I hope in batman 3 the villians will be Riddler and Two-Face. I hope they dont redo Joker. Heath is the Joker and they shouldnt change it. I heard there was some extra footage from TDK that there gonna use in Batman 3. I heard the scene is Joker and Scarecrow sitting in there Arkham cells. If this rumor is true than it will clear the smoke and we wont need to redo Joker.

I'll always support my belief that using extra footage from a past movie for the sequel is absolutely, unequivocally stupid. I don't mind if they don't recast the Joker, but if they don't, there's no point in using past footage. Just have him discussed around the beginning and leave it at that. But, I still d want someone to take up the mantle.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:35 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Heath Ledger survived no 3 would be so much better than TDK.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I think it has potential, but it will likely come close, but not surpass TDK. Ledger put too much into the movie for it to be surpassed easily.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:17 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think it has potential, but it will likely come close, but not surpass TDK. Ledger put too much into the movie for it to be surpassed easily.

agreed, i think number 3 will make at least $ 600 or $ 700 million worldwide

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I'm thinking $800 or $900 million worldwide.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:40 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm thinking $800 or $900 million worldwide.

I thought that at first burt thinking about it $ 600-$ 700 mill ww is prolly a more attainable number

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 04:51 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

"Batman has no limits."

I doubt if Batman 3 makes a billion (though I'd love for it to be the first superhero franchise to do that back to back) but it'll make something close to it. I know that if it's as mindblowing as TDK I'll go see it as many times as my pocket will allow. Hell, if it even looks like it could make a billion or more, I'll see it 30 times.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

"Batman has no limits."

I doubt if Batman 3 makes a billion (though I'd love for it to be the first superhero franchise to do that back to back) but it'll make something close to it. I know that if it's as mindblowing as TDK I'll go see it as many times as my pocket will allow. Hell, if it even looks like it could make a billion or more, I'll see it 30 times.

I saw TDK 10 times, so I will mostly see Batman 3 at least 15 times

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:24 AM