KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Alex Mercer vs Dante

Alex Mercer vs Dante
Started by: The Last Rider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

My argument stands, we dont know how long it took for him to regen, and Dante is not going to run out of stamina, he could take a chill every time Mercer reforms from his puddle state and continue the fight.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 08:50 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

In fact, the only Dante's weapon that has good chance against Mercer is... Cerberus (Mercer has never faced cryogenics, as they're non state-of-art real world weaponry, let alone mystical ones, so being flash-frozen can be really harmful to him).
Slashing and electrical\heat damage, despite being mystical in nature (produced by magical weaponry), is not that effective from what it seems... cold, however, can do the trick.

Just my 5 cents.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 10:15 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

If Mercer does need to absorb some organic material to reform, I give this to Dante.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 02:48 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
...Lol?

Are you actually going to compare Dante slicing Alex up to being 50 feet away from ground zero of a nuclear explosion?

Well, if Dante is fast enough to reduce Alex to a puddle or at least damage him enough, then yes. But I still think Alex needs to absorb something after taking lots of damage.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:35 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Well, if Dante is fast enough to reduce Alex to a puddle or at least damage him enough, then yes. But I still think Alex needs to absorb something after taking lots of damage.
Reducing him to a puddle? Not possible, this isn't Afro Samurai sir.

First of all, it is obvious that Mercer has to actively will himself to regenerate in that vid, it is not automatic, he was a puddle for a long time, then he just kind of after a couple seconds or so regenerated to his normal form. He was not healing the entire time.

When Dante cuts him, Alex would already be healing his body. He would have a hard time reducing him to a state where he could not regenerate without eating something.

But Charlotte Debel brings up a good point, if Dante can freeze Alex's entire body to a point where he cannot escape, Dante would win.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 12:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

time freeze! eek!

isn't there a short limit to his time freeze? I can't remember how his quicksilver thing went

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 05:46 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by SpadeKing
time freeze! eek!

isn't there a short limit to his time freeze? I can't remember how his quicksilver thing went

Quicksilver thing is limited by gameplay mechanics, it's possible to get the version with no time limits in game without cheats.

And cold-based weaponry is really the best idea against foe who is basically a sentient pile of protoplasm in human shape... so here Dante has the edge.
Cutting, shooting and blowing up stuff is kinda useless here by itself, though...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:59 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Originally posted by SpadeKing
time freeze! eek!

there talking about actual freezing, like with ice. And that would be pretty easy cus dante has the cerberus.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 05:37 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

spite, dante is ridiculously overpowered for this. his magical attacks arent sumthing cole can protect against. he wud annihlate cole.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 05:49 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by leonheartmm
spite, dante is ridiculously overpowered for this. his magical attacks arent sumthing cole can protect against. he wud annihlate cole.

This is Alex Mercer vs Dante. Did you mean Alex?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 06:42 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

srry, i mixed it up. yes i mean alex mercer, the bio weapon.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 07:30 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You're wrong.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:10 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^prove it. smile

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 07:18 AM
NemeBro

Burden of proof is on you to prove he can do such things my simple-minded friend.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:25 AM
leonheartmm

^ and i did, in my previous post. your retort now needs proof to counter mine, and it has none. learn what the burden of proof is before making statements like that my simple minded friend.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:27 AM
NemeBro

Proof? Lol.

You made a STATEMENT. That is not proving anything imbecile.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:29 AM
leonheartmm

his magic attacks are ridiculously overpowered. this is FACT for any1 who has knowledge of the material. proof is reference to fact. to remind u he has defeated spiritual beings, the god of the underworld and the embodiement of the concept of despair with these attacks. there, proven again.

and stop with the insults kid.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:36 AM
NemeBro

his magic attacks are ridiculously overpowered. this is FACT for any1 who has knowledge of the material. proof is reference to fact. to remind u he has defeated spiritual beings, the god of the underworld and the embodiement of the concept of despair with these attacks. there, proven again.

and stop with the insults kid.
Uh-huh. No real feats there. Titles like spiritual beings, gods(Mundus is a pussy) and concepts...Mean nothing without some kind of feat. Dante cannot produce the power to kill Alex through force alone.

No I rather enjoy insulting people lesser than me.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:42 AM
leonheartmm

^ruling the underworlf and having the power to rule the earth is a feat in its own right. concepts mean a lot specially when their purpose is to destroy the world. and dante has enough feats like beating the saviour and slicing the mountain sizes magical hell's gates with dimensional slashes etc.

youll be hard put to find any1 lower than you here. stop being a hormonal teenager.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:49 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

We've already know which advantage Dante has in that fight (he is also FASTER than Mercer by feats and won't have that big of a trouble freezing him).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:08 AM