KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Red Robin: The Official Thread

Red Robin: The Official Thread
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Red Robin: The Official Thread

Discuss this potentially good hero..

I will also post some scans of the very first issue

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Re: Red Robin: The Official Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Discuss this potentially good hero..

No....because I don't want to...take that Bruce! I will no longer be your....post whore! Down with Bush!!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:54 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules_2
No....because I don't want to...take that Bruce! I will no longer be your....post whore! Down with Bush!!

laughing laughing laughing

Scabs are forthcoming a little later

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 12:24 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

who thinks Ra's knows where Bruce actually is?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 12:17 AM
The Scribe

Best Shots Extra: Red Robin #1

As I wrote above with my review for Batman #687 (coming up shortly), this new status quo for the Batbooks has largely ignored much of the journey taken by Battle for the Cowl, content to start their engines on a brand new playing field. Perhaps most emblematic of that approach is Christopher Yost and Ramon Bach's Red Robin #1. It's a title with which I don't always agree with direction taken, but there are enough elements in play that I feel any number of good stories could be told down the line.

The thing that kind of surprised me for this book was the fact that the solicits had made the identity of Red Robin seem like a big mystery -- but we pretty much know exactly who's behind the cowl within eight pages (and for those of you who guessed Tim Drake, well, who else could it have been?). But I think that was a smart play on Yost's part, because with a brand new identity, we need to be behind Tim Drake 110 percent if we're going to accept this venture.

Wait, did I say Tim Drake? I meant Tim Wayne. Or did I?

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 07:31 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I hate the costume and the artist makes him look way too old, but the writing seems top notch.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:18 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

Originally posted by starlock
I hate the costume and the artist makes him look way too old, but the writing seems top notch.

Why would you hate the costume?

It's from Kingdom Come. big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:25 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 03:52 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I still cant get into the costume....i did not like it in Kingdom Come and i dont like it here....i guess everyone grows up...but tim got to big and ripped too fast...but i can at least see that it can happen.....but the costume.....i just cant deal with it..lol

Edit...its the head.....with no points or design.....he should have his hair out the top...i think its the head/cape...its just not working for me.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 03:35 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 03:44 AM
XanZan

His outfit looks like a knockoff of Dr. Midnights outfit. I hope they take him back to being Robin.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 07:26 AM
XanZan is currently offline Click here to Send XanZan a Private Message Find more posts by XanZan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Tim probably wears it because it reminds him of Batman's costume. The Dark mask cowl and everything.

It's sentimental.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 11:59 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Quincy
Tim probably wears it because it reminds him of Batman's costume. The Dark mask cowl and everything.

It's sentimental.

not just that.. Tim knows that he must go places and possibly do things Batman, nor Robin can do or go... I love what I see so far and I hope this series last more than 100 issues than Robin did..

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 07:20 PM
Quincy
Debaser

I can dig it.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 11:32 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I've been pleasantly surprised by this series.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 04:14 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
injuredpelican
Gundam Otaku

I'm already a fan. Tim Drake (Wayne) is my favorite character, and I'm glad the writer's are finally letting him evolve out from under Batman's shadow. At first I was mad Tim didn't get to be the next Batman, but I think with the Red Robin identity he can really become his own hero, much like the Nightwing identity did for Dick.
I like the costume and I like the story so far. Hope to see this goes far. Maybe once Ra's is taken care of then Red Robin can cultivate his own villains, much like Nightwing before him.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 06:36 PM
injuredpelican is currently offline Click here to Send injuredpelican a Private Message Find more posts by injuredpelican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Badabing
I've been pleasantly surprised by this series.

so have i been..

i love the artwork and the way they have tim going

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 07:50 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 04:13 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Grayson would **** Drake's shit up if he wanted too.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 08:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote