KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

I read this on wikipedia's article about Soundwave's role in ROTF.

Movie Plot
Soundwave has limited dialogue in the movie. He has yet to be seen in any of the trailers. He downloads into his satellite vehicle forms for the new Decepticons to use before they land on Earth. Soundwave does not leave his position orbiting Earth and never transforms into his robot mode. He does not die at the end of the movie leaving possibilites open for a more prominent role in the third film.

Now, Soundwave has always been one of my fav's Decepticons, and reading he's just gonna be sending the data for the vehicle forms and orbit into Earth's atmosphere to do the intelligency work for the Decs sounds wrong to me.I onestly hope wikipedia's info are wrong, cause waiting two more years for the 3rd movie to see him do something more than some computer job is weird.What are your toughts about it?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:26 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah this would account for reports that he just has a boringly generic Cybertronian Jet mode.

Makes sense if he never leaves Bay's cybertron.

If memory serves, it was outlined early on that he came to earth and headed the Constructicons attacks/recovery of Megatron.

This may be fubared now though, by all accounts

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I will wait until I see this in a bout a week to pass judgment

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wise.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:52 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've watched most of the movie, and a few friends of mine have seen it at the showing they did in Japan, yeah.... He doesn't have a robot form at all, just stays a satellite, sorry.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 12:31 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Then maybe there is still hope for Soundwave being a tape deck when he comes to earth. wink

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 01:00 PM
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

The whole point of Transformers is they are vehicles that transform into robots and have massive cool fights.
Not a robot that just stays as a satellite orbiting earth
Why Michael Bay? Just Why?

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 06:41 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Rex
The whole point of Transformers is they are vehicles that transform into robots and have massive cool fights.
Not a robot that just stays as a satellite orbiting earth
Why Michael Bay? Just Why?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: There's a possibiity at the end of the film Soundwave and Megatron are seen just chilling on the Nemesis, panning for part 3. So they'll use Soundwave alright.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 08:09 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Thats Good news i want to see him in robot mode

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:48 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

That sucks I went and bought my soundwave shirt and everything and he won't even go robot form? That makes me a sad panda.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:10 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: There's a possibiity at the end of the film Soundwave and Megatron are seen just chilling on the Nemesis, panning for part 3. So they'll use Soundwave alright.

That still amounts to "jerking the crowd off and stealing their money".

Ive read all the adaptation comics and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave dont do shit.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:20 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Soundwave has a small role in Transformers: Alliance, but is never actually seen.

I would assume from reading the comics that he would have an increased role in the movie.

By: Juk

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:08 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Strategically, I would agree with not having Soundwave move or transform. If he can evade detection while monitoring things, good. But as a fan I want to see him transform.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:37 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

...into something unshit...? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 08:05 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Into something as good as Optimus' robot form.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:26 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair play. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this has been confirmed..[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave is actually Michael Bay who makes his acting debut

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saintsaucey

I read the book and he doesn't do much. He manipulates the US satalite feed's so that they can't see the battle until it is too late. He also ejects the Ravage probe.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 02:17 AM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That still amounts to "jerking the crowd off and stealing their money".

Ive read all the adaptation comics and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave dont do shit.

Not really, haha. Some people enjoy it. I'm not that big of a Soundwave fan, so his absence won't strike me one bit. If anything, I just want to see powered up Prime.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 09:43 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I can wait for youtube to see that I guess.
No need to convey even accidentally to Bay that I approve of his shenanigans by ensuring his brand of filth financial renumeration.

Yes some people might like being jerked around/ripped off but those people are by definition, then, masochists or ..........well.....there is only a small collection of words that would be printable. stick out tongue

Im a soundwave fan, and hate what they've done here.
Frank Welker voice or not.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 09:55 AM