KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I can wait for youtube to see that I guess.
No need to convey even accidentally to Bay that I approve of his shenanigans by ensuring his brand of filth financial renumeration.

Yes some people might like being jerked around/ripped off but those people are by definition, then, masochists or ..........well.....there is only a small collection of words that would be printable. stick out tongue

Im a soundwave fan, and hate what they've done here.
Frank Welker voice or not.

It's kinda not like that. I'd feel madly dissed, and forced to watch shit if this movie procaimed to be directly related to G1 or based off of G2 comics, but it estabishes itself as a completely different universe. Same thing for Beast Wars, it wasn't TF's at all, but it served a different purpose.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:06 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well that has already happened.

No amount of pretending can change that.
strip Peter Cullen from it, change the name, and it could be anything from a Terminator movie to Gobots to the sequel to 'Maximum overdrive', for all the TFs accuracy it offers.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:26 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

That final battle seen at the end is gunna be awesome

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 02:45 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It had better be longer/bigger/more impressive than in the comic adaptation, if thats true.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 03:40 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by saintsaucey
I read the book and he doesn't do much. He manipulates the US satalite feed's so that they can't see the battle until it is too late. He also ejects the Ravage probe.

That's a respectable role. It's not that active but then again I always wondered why, as the communications guy, he was always up there firing his pistol with everyone else in the cartoon.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:33 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Cause he had to report to/be on hand for Megatron in situations...?

Essentially being a carrier for the cassettes too... Megatron needed them at his disposal too.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:09 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

All of that can be solved with the internet. Granted, stuff like that was pretty limited back then. For humans.

Realistically though, in today's world someone like Soundwave could easily be the most powerful member of a team. Especially as a satellite.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 02:15 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
All of that can be solved with the internet. Granted, stuff like that was pretty limited back then. For humans.

Realistically though, in today's world someone like Soundwave could easily be the most powerful member of a team. Especially as a satellite.

So you're saying he's going to send Ravage, and rumble through a computer...?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 02:47 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saintsaucey

ravage is a probe that he deploys. Rumble is not in the movie. I would prefer Lazer Beak to Ravage but oh well.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:14 AM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by saintsaucey
ravage is a probe that he deploys. Rumble is not in the movie. I would prefer Lazer Beak to Ravage but oh well.

Thanks for informing me on things I already know.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:19 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Menetnashté
So you're saying he's going to send Ravage, and rumble through a computer...?

Yeah... no. This takes away from the novelty of seeing the tapes pop out of Soundwave's chest, but basically the cassettes go into battle with Megatron and everyone is linked together via communications systems. I'm not saying Borg style but some kind of HUD/audio would make sense. Soundwave doesn't need to be there. If Soundwave gets killed who will take over? If he's lost the Autobots can gain a tactical advantage with the loss of Soundwave's expertise.

Essentially, I'm just over thinking the situation for fun. And because of that, I am torn between my nostalgia of robot form Soundwave and my logical side of satellite Soundwave spottin' enemies, blocking and intercepting transmissions, and reporting it back to Megatron, which I would consider more useful than an extra gun in battle if my opponent had nothing performing the same actions on that level.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 06:23 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Its not just about the addition of his shoulder cannon and Concussion blaster... He could even read minds of those close to him and shit.

Not so easy from orbit.

None of the excuses for the treatment of Soundwave that he got make sense.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 12:29 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i always thought it'd be cool if one day you'd see megatron walking with soundwave on his shoulder or the decepticans break dancing around just to show what they did when they were free...or not pwning optimus douschebag.

personally i think the whole soundwave satellite thing sucks tbh. soundwave deserves better. who'd ever forget the most loyal deceptican. he was more devoted to Megatron than autobots were to Rodimus laughing out loud

to quote rumble: no one makes fun of Soundwave!! mad

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:51 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Well it seems they've made it so that most of the others can do what Soundwave did, since we saw Frenzy and blackout are fully capable of hacking computer systems which tended to be Soundwave's primary job. I guess he can still spy from the sky as a satellite, the only thing he can't do is read minds, which I doubt Bay would have included anyway and he can't be the badass he was when it comes to fighting which sucks since he was one of their top fighters possibly better than the constructicons with his minions.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:00 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Its not just about the addition of his shoulder cannon and Concussion blaster... He could even read minds of those close to him and shit.

Not so easy from orbit.

Why can't it be? Perhaps for balance purposes it would take a lot of power or require one of his probes to be nearby. I dunno, maybe my networking knowledge is making me overestimate cybertronian networking capabilities, because that's not that far of a stretch from what us humans have now.

quote:
None of the excuses for the treatment of Soundwave that he got make sense.

What's this excuses BS? These are legitimate reasons why I would make Soundwave a satellite. Don't let your nostalgia blind you. I'm not saying any of this will be in the movie or Michael Bay's reasons for making Soundwave a satellite. From what it sounds like, he's accomplishing the same thing Frenzy did with the virus, like Menetnashte mentioned, which is really quite a shame considering how cool the concept is.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 05:03 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I think you misunderstand me. The knee jerk aggression isnt needed.
Its not just your satements Im addressing, but the philosophy of getting carried away with tech stuff all the time is a good thing.
It actually can errode the heart of the characters, the situation etc
Its what lies behind the basic shitty looking over complicated designs on most of the movie stuff.

Ok now addressing you more specifically. ..'reasons' then.

Then if he has that ability to read all minds at all times, he would know what the Autobots are thinking the whole time and the whole things is one big deceptiwin roll credits yawn.

Thus stating that what IS BS is to be blind to the great moral question in most Crichton novels: 'Even though you could, should you..?' The "Soundwave global-thought police" idea falls into that catagory, do you not think...?

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 17th, 2009 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 05:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think you misunderstand me. The knee jerk aggression isnt needed.

No aggression to be had.

quote:
Its not just your satements Im addressing, but the philosophy of getting carried away with tech stuff all the time is a good thing.
It actually can errode the heart of the characters, the situation etc
Its what lies behind the basic shitty looking over complicated designs on most of the movie stuff.

I guess for me what they are is the core of their characters. In my perfect, unrealistic world, the advanced transforming alien robots would always be advanced from my point of view. But that would probably be too much for most people.

quote:
Ok now addressing you more specifically. ..'reasons' then.

Then if he has that ability to read all minds at all times, he would know what the Autobots are thinking the whole time and the whole things is one big deceptiwin roll credits yawn.

Thus stating that what IS BS is to be blind to the great moral question in most Crichton novels: 'Even though you could, should you..?' The "Soundwave global-thought police" idea falls into that catagory, do you not think...?

Perhaps for balance purposes it would take a lot of power or require one of his probes to be nearby.

As I already stated, I recognize the need to tone it down for story purposes.

But outside of a story, morals are inventions. I would probably use it if I was in Megatron's position, though if I was in Megatron's position either I would be ousted from the Decepticons or they would become known as the coolest bunch of nerds in the galaxy and wouldn't really have a need to track enemies.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 06:58 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I loved how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave's robot head peeked out of his satellite mode for a few seconds to talk, that was neat.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:51 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

No aggression to be had.

I guess for me what they are is the core of their characters. In my perfect, unrealistic world, the advanced transforming alien robots would always be advanced from my point of view. But that would probably be too much for most people.

As I already stated, I recognize the need to tone it down for story purposes.

But outside of a story, morals are inventions. I would probably use it if I was in Megatron's position, though if I was in Megatron's position either I would be ousted from the Decepticons or they would become known as the coolest bunch of nerds in the galaxy and wouldn't really have a need to track enemies.

I see. Cool. smile

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:57 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh come on, Sadako.

You and I both know that Soundwave being a tape deck would be about as acceptable in 2009 as Bumblebee being a V.W. Beetle.

Personally, as much as I do think the Devastator scene was cool, I'd have sacrificed the Constructicons to have Soundwave be a surveillance truck or something.

Oh well.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 09:06 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote