KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Concern about Soundwave in ROTF (POSSIBLE SPOILER)
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

What 1 thing would have been silly about Bumblebee being a beetle..?
But anyhows, there are plenty of smaller cars that would have reflected the Bumblebeeness...but they went full muscle car retard and gave him a coolish design, but one that would have suited someone like Jazz, Bluestreak etc.

Im not as hardcore as I was on the superficial 100% accuracy, but insist on key ingredients being adhered to and Bumblebee being small and yellow are two core things about the character.

The mass shifting hypocrisy/self contradiction was the silly thing in these films and it killed off one of the more fun/imaginative aspects of TFs. imho

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 02:33 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I don't think I've seen a V.W. Beetle without going "****, is that a beetle?" in 15 years.

In a somewhat related vein on Bumblebee's character, two core things for me were that he was nigh worthless and always ****ed everything up. As a kid I could kind of relate to that feeling but it got old pretty fast. There are a lot of Bumblebees. Cheetor was one. Most of the incompetent sidekicks all the comic book characters got after Robin became popular were Bumblebees. My little brother was one.

One instance I can vaguely remember him helping with was, with the assistance of another smaller transformer, operating a Decepticon turret. But that really reinforced the nigh worthless part. Instead of making him bigger and more powerful they could have given him some kind of special skill, but then again that would go against the core of his character.

I'm glad they did something because reinvented sidekicks can usually be made pretty cool. Bucky Barnes became a crazy special ops soldier who could break the necks Captain America couldn't break. Robin became a Batman and the latest Robin is a lower level Batman.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 07:10 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Yeah since Bumblebee is like the main bot now I'm glad he's as he is. I didn't like V.W. Bumblebee, Camaro Bumblebee is kickass.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:32 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
What 1 thing would have been silly about Bumblebee being a beetle..?
But anyhows, there are plenty of smaller cars that would have reflected the Bumblebeeness...but they went full muscle car retard and gave him a coolish design, but one that would have suited someone like Jazz, Bluestreak etc.

Im not as hardcore as I was on the superficial 100% accuracy, but insist on key ingredients being adhered to and Bumblebee being small and yellow are two core things about the character.

The mass shifting hypocrisy/self contradiction was the silly thing in these films and it killed off one of the more fun/imaginative aspects of TFs. imho

I suppose they could have used the newer Beetles.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:47 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Scythe
I loved how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave's robot head peeked out of his satellite mode for a few seconds to talk, that was neat.

His head and voice were weird.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 03:19 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
His head and voice were weird.

Yeah he wasn't classic soundwave voice which was disappointing. And his head was pointy looking

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:02 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

was it just me or did most of the decepticans have the same colors? confused
ths movie sucked. sucked big balls and spat them out like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8j7mIJjrY

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:24 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Yeah he wasn't classic soundwave voice which was disappointing. And his head was pointy looking

It was his G1 voice without the vocoder effect.

Eeidence proving this is Soundwave being heard at least twice in the G1 cartoon speaking like that and also footage of Welker recording Soundwave's parts back in the day I saw confirming it.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 10:07 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
It was his G1 voice without the vocoder effect.

Eeidence proving this is Soundwave being heard at least twice in the G1 cartoon speaking like that and also footage of Welker recording Soundwave's parts back in the day I saw confirming it.

Ah, I mean I still thought the voice was cool but I was expecting something else.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:37 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Already been said, but:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Soundwave gathers information throughout the movie. He doesn't interact anything beyond brief communication messages. He spends the movie attached to an orbiting satellite.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:09 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I thought Soundwave's voice was pretty awesome. Frank could've worked as Megatron IMO, but just not using his classic Megatron voice.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Sado22
was it just me or did most of the decepticans have the same colors? confused

Yeah well are'nt they ment to be in disguse ?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Placidity
I thought Soundwave's voice was pretty awesome. Frank could've worked as Megatron IMO, but just not using his classic Megatron voice.

I thought The Fallen sounded almost exactly like G1 Megatron.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 11:56 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

If you give it some of the same juice they gave Hugo Weaving's voice, I could see it.

I thought he sounded like Tigertron from Beast Wars or Gigabyte from ReBoot.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 12:44 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote