KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien prequel

Alien prequel
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Alien prequel

quote:
In May 2009, Carl Rinsch signed on to direct a prequel, which Ridley Scott and Tony Scott will produce. Tony Scott said filming may begin later in 2009. However, Fox would prefer Ridley Scott direct the film.

Seems a 5th alien film is on the way

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:36 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha ha. Steve you silly boy, there is a science fiction section, AND there is already stuff on it I believe. *whips Steve*.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well even if there it isn't in this section

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:19 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your topic has moved. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Carl Rinsch is'nt in the directors chair now

Ridley is

quote:
Ridley Scott Confirmed to Direct Alien Prequel
Source: Variety July 30, 2009

After months of rumor and speculation, Variety confirms that 20th Century Fox plans to keep the "Alien" franchise alive with a prequel film that will be directed by original helmer Ridley Scott. The announcement that Fox has hired a writer comes just two months after the 30th Anniversary of Scott's original sci-fi horror film which launched a series of movie sequels, a number of comic books, and two movies that pit the Aliens against Fox's other creature franchise, the Predator. Screenwriter Jon Spaihts has been hired to write the prequel after the studio was impressed by his work on two space thrillers, both for Keanu Reeves, called Passengers and Shadow 19.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 11:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oo very nice.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 03:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I still insist that this franchise needs to break away from the established films but as an Alien fan this is incredible news. I'm skeptical about the chosen writer but hearing that Ridely has officially confirmed his return answers one of my big wishes. I just hope the other rumors that say there will be no Xenomorph aren't true.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 06:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Is Ripley gonna be part of this?

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 08:30 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Is Ripley gonna be part of this?

It's a prequel....alien was the first time she encountered the xenomorph wink

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 08:46 PM
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by steverules_2
It's a prequel....alien was the first time she encountered the xenomorph wink

sad ok then

I wanted to see her in the undies ninja

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 09:38 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

sad ok then

I wanted to see her in the undies ninja

Why did you think Ripley would be in the prequel if you've seen the original? confused

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 09:57 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I still insist that this franchise needs to break away from the established films but as an Alien fan this is incredible news. I'm skeptical about the chosen writer but hearing that Ridely has officially confirmed his return answers one of my big wishes. I just hope the other rumors that say there will be no Xenomorph aren't true.

What would movie be about then? If no aliens are to be in it.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 10:26 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by omgchos
What would movie be about then? If no aliens are to be in it.

Illegal aliens, from the Southern borders?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 10:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by steverules_2
Why did you think Ripley would be in the prequel if you've seen the original? confused

I dont know just. You never know stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 11:12 PM
steverules_2

I dont know just. You never know stick out tongue

Think with a prequel you would Maybe Miss Weaver will make a cameo of some kind or her name will be mentioned.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 09:09 AM
ToyChop

I'd love to see the backstory of that giant alien (the OTHER alien) cargo ship, the one that was giving a "STAY AWAY!" signal. That crazy barrel-chested-nose-connects-to-chest alien sitting in the turret (radar dish?) was creepy-cool...I wanna see what one looks like walking around.

Hmmm...actually, I think there was an 'Alien' comic from way back when--a Dark Horse comic--that featured one of those aliens up and about, but I don't remember being impressed by it. I'd wanna see how a film would treat 'em.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 02:53 PM
ToyChop is currently offline Click here to Send ToyChop a Private Message Find more posts by ToyChop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well it was called space jockey for some reason...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 04:21 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ridley Scott wouldn't have signed on if it was gonna be nothing more than bludgeoning a deceased equidae based mammal.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 11:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

There were a few Alien EU novels, I quite enjoyed them.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 04:50 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote