KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien prequel

Alien prequel
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

I am pumped for this.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 05:12 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ridley Scott: Alien Prequels Dark & Nasty

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16416

quote:
"You can sense the competitor in Scott, desperate to put his stamp back on the film series that launched him. "Jim's raised the bar and I've got to jump to it," he says, in a friendly jibe at Cameron. "He's not going to get away with it."

Set 30 years before the 1979 original, so with no room for Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, the prequels will explore the origins of the deadly aliens. "The film will be really tough, really nasty," he notes. "It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space. And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would go in and clean up a planet?"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:12 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gemma Arterton might be in this. I can't be arsed to read through the pages to find out if mentioned already. stick out tongue

She mentioned it in an interview I read.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 03:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

This is definitely the movie I'm most eagerly anticipating, I'm just hoping Ridley Scott doesn't screw it up. He's definitely been making some sh!t recently.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:40 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

No he hasn't. American Gangster may have been lacking but it was by no means shit. Body of Lies, Robin Hood and A good year were all good movies. They may not be masterpieces but they're still class. I'll take, A good year, Body of lies and Robin hood over GI Jane and Hannibal any day.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 01:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

robin Hood started out pretty damned good but it utterly fell apart by the end of the film IMO.

He just tossed as much crap on screen as he could.. no expression

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 03:19 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
He just tossed as much crap on screen as he could.. no expression

Such as?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 04:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

The D-day like invasion scene which completely re-used shots we've already seen in Saving Private Ryan.
The tribe of lost boys which were part of some odd sub-plot that looked like it MIGHT go somewhere but never got fleshed out so it ended up just looking like an even odder plot device to get Robin Hood out to the woods, as if he and his other long term soldiers couldn't do that on their own.
Merian showing up to the final confrontation WITH said lost boys in full plait armor and chain mail ala Joan of Arc even though she really had NO place there fighting the French.
The mass of English cheering on Robin Hood at the end of the battle as if he was the essential key to victory even though he had only assumed any sort of leadership over what little command he took to Sherwood that very morning.
King John in the fray of the battle.. Friar Tuck(?!) in the fray of the battle.

The glossed over script that had John identifying Robon Hood even though we never got to see at what point and just HOW Hood was found out.

Yeah... it had a lot of potential and started out nice enough, but the end was a mishmash of convoluted story telling and filmaking IMO.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 08:50 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinzin
The tribe of lost boys which were part of some odd sub-plot that looked like it MIGHT go somewhere but never got fleshed out

Well if you did'nt know your Robin Hood thats obvisouly hinting at his Merrymen

quote:
The glossed over script that had John identifying Robon Hood even though we never got to see at what point and just HOW Hood was found out.

Well King John got jealous because the french surrended to Robin quickly not him so he declares him an outlaw.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 10:39 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by MildPossession
Gemma Arterton might be in this. I can't be arsed to read through the pages to find out if mentioned already. stick out tongue

She mentioned it in an interview I read.

Seems to be either her or Noomi Rapace from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 08:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I am so f*cking pumped for this, and the fact that Ridley Scott is in on this makes me know this movie will be totally kick ass

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 11:38 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well if you did'nt know your Robin Hood thats obvisouly hinting at his Merrymen
I get that, I just think it's a very weak storytelling device IMO.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 05:39 PM
jinzin

Well King John got jealous because the french surrended to Robin quickly not him so he declares him an outlaw.
Again I understand the jealousy.. but that didn't show how John found him out.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 05:41 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Re: Ridley Scott: Alien Prequels Dark & Nasty

Is revealing an origin of the Aliens a good idea? I mean, yeah the books and comics certainly explored the possiiblity they could have been engineered but wouldn't some of the mystery be lost? The very thing that made them cool was the thought that they could be a freak of nature, not made in a laboratory somewhere.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 11:19 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just read its been pushed back to 2013.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 04:15 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

WTF!

The Thing's prequel better be good to hold me off until then.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 03:25 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

The Thing is having a prequel? WTF?! Not sure about that one either, could be good, could ruin the mysticism of the whole film.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 12:32 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That prequel deals with Norwegian's first finding the alien.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 12:42 PM
Squirrel Fart

ARGH! Dammit Ridley.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 02:55 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
The Thing is having a prequel? WTF?! Not sure about that one either, could be good, could ruin the mysticism of the whole film.

Yep, I believe it comes out next October. It is far enough along that set pics have already surfaced.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 04:55 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote