KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Jones 5

Indiana Jones 5
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Maybe.
His adventures have always bern era appropriate.

We also know whatever happens queeq will hate it. Heh heh

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

I have a bad feeling about this.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:42 PM
BazookaMaster is currently offline Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's now set for 2020 instead. WTF is going on?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 02:15 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...y/1100-6473342/

“It’s not a reboot - it’s a continuation”.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 10:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Have Indy walking out of a movie theatre with his grandkids in 1977 after seeing Star Wars, shaking his head at what passes for movies nowadays. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 02:37 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Have Indy walking out of a movie theatre with his grandkids in 1977 after seeing Star Wars, shaking his head at what passes for movies nowadays. stick out tongue

That is absolutely f’ing BRILLIANT! eek!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2020 10:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Spielberg won't be doing the 5th film, James Mangold is in talks

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/...ord-1203515698/

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 11:25 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’m okay w. this.

I mean, Spielberg is going to have final say regardless, but maybe some new elements will sneak into the usual formula, which would be nice.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 09:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Spielberg also hasn't really been doing alot of adventure movies these days too.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 10:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Harrison Ford is back in costume. Progress!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 08:49 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Spielberg won't be doing the 5th film, James Mangold is in talks

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/...ord-1203515698/

Spielberg repeatedly said he wouldn't make an Indiana Jones movie without George Lucas. I guess Disney finally convinced him of their stand that George Lucas is retired and no longer runs Lucasfilm. So, if he's to be true to his word...

I'm sure they also told him any script by his sh*tty personal screenwriter David Koepp was going to be out, too.

To be honest, every Indiana Jones move was a step down from the one that proceeded it (or multiple steps down, in the case of Crystal Skull stick out tongue ) Sequels have always been the weak points in Spielberg's career.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 11:31 AM
riv6672

To be honest, every Indiana Jones move was a step down from the one that proceeded it

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 08:45 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Why the film isn't coming out this year is a mystery. Is it really COVID, or something else?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 11:38 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spielberg repeatedly said he wouldn't make an Indiana Jones movie without George Lucas. I guess Disney finally convinced him of their stand that George Lucas is retired and no longer runs Lucasfilm. So, if he's to be true to his word...
When I first read that, I thought you said "Disney finally convinced him of their stand that George Lucas is retarded and no longer ruins Lucasfilm."

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 07:50 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

To be honest, every Indiana Jones move was a step down from the one that proceeded it (or multiple steps down, in the case of Crystal Skull stick out tongue ) Sequels have always been the weak points in Spielberg's career.

Hm, I actually like the first 3 Indy movies pretty equally, more or less. I mean the beginning of Temple of Doom is a bit goofy, but other than that the sequels are great. At this point they're all pretty much classic cinema.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 09:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm interested in seeing what James Mangold does with the film, I liked Logan & 3:10 to Yuma from him.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 02:26 AM
armsphill

like it!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 08:52 AM
armsphill is currently offline Click here to Send armsphill a Private Message Find more posts by armsphill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm, I actually like the first 3 Indy movies pretty equally, more or less. I mean the beginning of Temple of Doom is a bit goofy, but other than that the sequels are great. At this point they're all pretty much classic cinema.

Maybe it was just that with every film, I saw the calculation more and the B-movie tongue in cheek silliness. With every film they indulged more. And maybe I shouldn't be complaining - the goal from the beginning for Lucas and Spielberg was to make a fun B-movie with A-level production values.

Still, nuking the fridge... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2023 06:35 PM
riv6672

Maybe it was just that with every film, I saw the calculation more and the B-movie tongue in cheek silliness. With every film they indulged more. And maybe I shouldn't be complaining - the goal from the beginning for Lucas and Spielberg was to make a fun B-movie with A-level production values.

Still, nuking the fridge... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You just countered your own argument very nicely! the goal WAS to make a fun B-movie (series in this case) with A-level production values, and in that they’ve succeeded.

As for the fridge, really, ppl fall back on that way too quickly.

Indy survived strapping himself to a submarine, jumping out of an airplane and using an inflatable raft as a cushion, nearly getting his heart magically ripped out of his chest, being dragged by a tank against a rock wall…

it’s the world he lives in; an adventure world w. adventure rules, where X really does mark the spot, monkeys can be Nazi spies, mining tunnels are designed like rollercoasters, all religous myths are actually real, aliens exist, and you never ever lose your hat!

Last edited by riv6672 on Jun 14th, 2023 at 10:49 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 10:45 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will watch, regardless of it being good or bad.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2023 05:48 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote