KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Zombieland

Zombieland
Started by: deathbycorn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Will be watching it tonight. I will give my thoughts soon.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 01:52 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I certainly don't think it was better than Shaun of the Dead, not even close.

False.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 02:34 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

This movie was great.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 05:10 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Spartan005
False.

The humor in Shaun was way smarter and more subtle. It was more of a true parody of the zombie genre, with specific things taken from several different classic zombie films and then mocked lovingly.

Zombieland's humor was a lot more obvious, at times, too obvious.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 11:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

The humor in Shaun was way smarter and more subtle. It was more of a true parody of the zombie genre, with specific things taken from several different classic zombie films and then mocked lovingly.

Zombieland's humor was a lot more obvious, at times, too obvious.

thats funny because I swear I was going to write that shaun's humor was more obvious. I watched it again (first time in about 5 years) last night after you posted...

what was so subtle and smart about it? Ed acting like a monkey? The group acting like zombies? Or shawn beating the shit out of people with a bat?

this needs a new thread... lol

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 05:34 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Will be watching it tonight. I will give my thoughts soon.
Great film. I preferred Shaun as well but you can't go wrong with this.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 06:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Havent seen this yet but it seems like two different Zombie movies. One is a parody and the other is action with fun but may be forced humor. Cant really compare the two besides they both have zombies.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 07:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Spartan005
thats funny because I swear I was going to write that shaun's humor was more obvious. I watched it again (first time in about 5 years) last night after you posted...

what was so subtle and smart about it? Ed acting like a monkey? The group acting like zombies? Or shawn beating the shit out of people with a bat?

this needs a new thread... lol

Because those three scenes were the whole movie, right?

The fact that there were scenes, little scenes, that were a direct parody of other zombie films.

The scene where they were practicing their zombie movement was brilliant. Many of Nick Frost's lines were funny in an under the radar type of way. Great delivery.

Also, much of the first half hour was some funny and observant humor. When Shaun crosses the street to the store and doesn't notice that hell has come to earth - excellent.

When they come across the other group of survivors that has a doppleganger for each of the main group members.

Shaun of the Dead also made great use of the set up, pay off, mechanic. Some of the best I've seen in recent memory.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 09:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Love Shaun of the Dead and I'm really looking forward to watching this movie, though I'm gonna have to wait a wee bit more though

Nice to see you guys liked it

Also, much of the first half hour was some funny and observant humor. When Shaun crosses the street to the store and doesn't notice that hell has come to earth - excellent.

loved that scene

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 12:19 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Because those three scenes were the whole movie, right?

The fact that there were scenes, little scenes, that were a direct parody of other zombie films.

When they come across the other group of survivors that has a doppleganger for each of the main group members.

Shaun of the Dead also made great use of the set up, pay off, mechanic. Some of the best I've seen in recent memory.

just making a point... I really don't see the difference between british humor vs american humor. Those two scenes were very well written but only chuckle worthy imo. subtle doesn't necesarily mean better

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 04:31 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

This movie is hilarious. It was very entertaining. I'll probably pick it up on DVD whenever it comes out.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:00 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This movie was a lot of fun. Shaun of the Dead was way better, but they're different movies. I actually wish Zombieland was longer, I thought it ended too soon. The cameo near the middle of the movie was fantastic though and Woody was the probably the best part of the film.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 06:55 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Shaun of the deads humor was more subtle but not laugh out loud funny to me. Some of the scenes with Woody had me dying on the floor. The Bill Murray scene alone was gold.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 04:34 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Sure the humor is subjective, but Shaun of the Dead has dramatic impact that was void in Zombieland. It also had genuine characters that I cared about and at times, genuine tension.

Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a lot of fun and I had a great time in the theater watching it, but it didn't offer much substance, unlike Shaun of the Dead.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 07:59 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Sure the humor is subjective, but Shaun of the Dead has dramatic impact that was void in Zombieland. It also had genuine characters that I cared about and at times, genuine tension.

Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a lot of fun and I had a great time in the theater watching it, but it didn't offer much substance, unlike Shaun of the Dead.
I really didn't think Shaun of the dead offered any substance either. I really didn't care about any of the characters. To tell you the truth I thought Hot Fuzz was the better Simon Pegg movie of the two.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 12:17 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Really funny movie. It wasn't really a horror film, but it was great as an action comedy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 10:19 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

"Believe it or not twinkies come with an expiration date."

Priceless.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 11:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Just saw this and its a great popcorn flick. Bill was brilliant.

Still cannot compare Shaun and this.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Oct 8th, 2009 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 01:38 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like you fans will be getting a sequel:

quote:
Scoring the top box-office spot with $25 million, the filmmakers of the generally well-received horror comedy are already thinking about sequel possibilities. Scribe Paul Wernick told MTV News that "We would love it, and everyone involved creatively wants to do another one. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Woody came up to us after the final cut of the last scene and gave us a hug and said, 'I've never wanted to do a sequel in the previous movies I've done until this one'."

Wernick and co-screenwriter Rhett Reese add that also keen to return are [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin and first-time director Ruben Fleischer. The scribes originally developed the project for television back in 2005 and have been continuously been updating their work since then providing them with more than enough material for not just a sequel but several movies. They haven't started work on a script however and aren't keen to divulge any of those potential sequel plot points.

I spoilered for those who haven't seen it yet.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 10:23 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

tis a shame that this movie got overshadowed by that crappy paranormal activity

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 02:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote