KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » MIDDLE EARTH vs AMERICA

MIDDLE EARTH vs AMERICA
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Said it in the old thread...Will say it in this one...Army of the dead for the win.

And I will say it now... Army of the Dead can't even attack.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 02:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
And I will say it now... Army of the Dead can't even attack.

Why?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 12:45 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

In the book they did not do their whole 'rox hax' thing at Pellenor. They helped scare away the Corsairs and then Aragorn loaded up a bunch of Rangers (who happened to be nearby) and rescued Minas Tirith with human assistance.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 02:01 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
Uh, ur forgetting one thing, bullets and artillery will kill orcs in thousands most likely, so we would be giving them a whole lot of food, and elves can eat lembas, men can take money off the human dead ppl so..............

Um...what?

I'm assuming that you mean that the alive orcs will eat the dead orcs, but we would've either only killed a few thousand (therefore making the few thousand corpses not enough for the trillions, who will fight eachother over it and kill eachother), or we've killed so many/>half of them so that the few still alive can eat the corpses (in which case if we've killed that many than we're already winning the war). In other words, it's a win/win for us.

Do you seriously think that they're enough lembas to feat trillions (well, there aren't as many elves, so billions) of elves?

"human dead"? They can't take money off of their dead comrades because their dead comrades won't have money, and we could just evacuate our citizens and order our soldiers to not carry cash around. And plus there's the same problems as with the orcs eating orcs.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 02:29 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

yeah, ur actually right, but what about trolls that eat our corpses with the orcs, eat the orcs, or maybe even Morgoth can keep them from killing each other over it, we dont know that good. But the money thing, the men and elves could just rob ur local wallmart forsome rifles, PLUS you are forgetting the ONE aspect of technological warfare that is from different "ages", we know how to use swords, and they will learn how to use guns eventually, by accident or experimentation, they would learn. maybe not tanks, but guns yes, and i would HATE to have a elf with a gun aim at me, wouldnt you?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 03:40 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Um...what?

I'm assuming that you mean that the alive orcs will eat the dead orcs, but we would've either only killed a few thousand (therefore making the few thousand corpses not enough for the trillions, who will fight eachother over it and kill eachother), or we've killed so many/>half of them so that the few still alive can eat the corpses (in which case if we've killed that many than we're already winning the war). In other words, it's a win/win for us.

Do you seriously think that they're enough lembas to feat trillions (well, there aren't as many elves, so billions) of elves?

"human dead"? They can't take money off of their dead comrades because their dead comrades won't have money, and we could just evacuate our citizens and order our soldiers to not carry cash around. And plus there's the same problems as with the orcs eating orcs.
Lol, logistics aside, we still win.

And if not (somehow...) I think we'll be killing more than a "few thousand" of them. Few billion more like. Hundred billion.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:10 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Wait, what about the balrogs? imagine them packing 50 cal. mgs, with tanks armor on. What you gonna do about that, or the guys that REANIMATE CORPSES????

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:46 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Balrogs and Dragons won't be of that much of a concern either. It's Morgoth that's the problem.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 12:52 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Heheheh, Morgoth uses tanks for armor....... Grond crushes them then he ties them over his armor, casts morgul(dark sorcery) at us, that crap

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Did you just make that "morgul" thing up? I swear I've never heard that word in Tolkien used as a form of magic.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 06:23 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

No, morgul is elvish for dark sorcery. i used it in a different form, because in the movies its "morgul sorcery" which is saying dark sorcery sorcery. Mor means dark, as in Morgoth (dark enemy) and gul means sorcery, which only example i can think of is Minas Morgul a.k.a. Minas Ithil, the Tower of the Sun i think it is, but yes it is a word.

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 10:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What do you know, it is. I need to read the Silmarillion again, it`s been years.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 04:30 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Balrogs and Dragons won't be of that much of a concern either. It's Morgoth that's the problem.

I don't know... Ancalagon will be a problem even with all our current tech.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:55 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Lol Ancalagon being chased by missles. He could take it.

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:48 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
I don't know... Ancalagon will be a problem even with all our current tech.

You mean the same us that can win if the Empire invaded modern day Earth?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:11 PM
Incanus
Istari

The Empire would pwn us............. TIE fighters agains an X-02 Wyvern, and SU-37 Terminator, lol. M16s against a lightsaber and blasters. Plasteel agains kevlar. Empire wins.

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:14 PM
ares834

The Empire would pwn us............. TIE fighters agains an X-02 Wyvern, and SU-37 Terminator, lol. M16s against a lightsaber and blasters. Plasteel agains kevlar. Empire wins.

Please don't bring this up again...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:15 PM
ares834

Lol Ancalagon being chased by missles. He could take it.

That he could. AFter all he was so big he destoyed a mountain in his fall and supposebly blocked out the entire sun.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:16 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was referring to the thread I made in Star Wars vs. forum (which wasn't the ENTIRE Empire, just an invasion force).

Anyway, I don't know who'll win, but we pwn if they don't get help from above.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:43 PM
Incanus
Istari

Yes Ancalagon DID block out the sun, and BROKE THE TOWERS OF THANGORODRIM!!!! Imagin that guy hitting, say Neew York, or where we evac our citezens to. Oh, and btw, Thangorodrim was a mountain that was ment to keep the Valar and their army out, so it was huge, like, probably 15 times the size of Mt Everest, and it was ment to never come down. Melkor, at his full power, reared them. I think that is not a good sign that that would happen when we kill Ancalagon. Wait, let me rephrase that, IF we killed him, before we all became marshmallows.

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:39 PM