KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » IGN - Top 100 villains

IGN - Top 100 villains
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Allankles
It's fair to say that in the comics for the most part Joker has become tame. He's become too familiar, but at his core he's a top 10 comic book villain.

My sentiments exactly.

But like, Doomsday is the only one who I can really see why people fear.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 07:47 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I like what the writer wrote about DD. I didn't like the place he was put in, but I can live with it. He did kill Superman, but after that..nothing major.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 09:30 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Juntai
No, you're not understanding. I'll repeat- It's WHO did it, not would COULD have. Alexander Luthor, a major baddies story, ended [so far, as they can always come back] in that alley with Joker. Sure, Black Adam could have slapped him into a piece of modern art with a casual backhand at that point, but it was Joker that accomplished it. It's not about power, it's about significance. Why do you think people are siding with guys like Lex and Joker at all? Their mark, their symbolism, and significance.

Depends on your viewpoint and context of impressive. Joker is an impressive villain. His mark on the world and the heros that inhabit it, physically and psychologically tell us so.

I just get the impression that you want to give certain super villains props for doing nothing, if Joker picked his nose you would find some way of making a big deal about it. Thats up to you of course.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's still essentially him acting in someone's stead, though.

Sinister is way more of a villain in the truest sense, he is the kind that will break you into a million pieces without touching you. He's a psychological villain, the kind that would have a quickened heartbeat at the sight of someone enduring the worst emotional pain possible.

Ask Summers.

-AC

you b*stard.

eh, joker for me is still the #1 villain in comics. i think it just depends on the kind of criteria people are using for the poll (which, like all IGN polls, tend to be shite). some people are going to think joker should be #1 based on some criteria, and in truth, he isnt #1 based on others.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

it's best villain, not most villainous.

joker's like the boogey man, he does stuff for the lulz.

magneto is driven by ideology, it's not a selfish obsession that motivates him or one that creates personal gain, he just goes to the deep end since to him civility between human and mutants is impossible.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:04 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Joker deserves the top spot. DS is one of the only villains who could be argued against him
I lol'd

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 05:16 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by psycho gundam

magneto is driven by ideology, it's not a selfish obsession that motivates him or one that creates personal gain, he just goes to the deep end since to him civility between human and mutants is impossible.

Superman had dreams about Doomsday....

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 10:09 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by psycho gundam

The Joker is more scary than Sinister?

Yeah, because a man with a white face, red eyes, sharp teeth and a penchant for mutilating and experimenting on kidnapped homeless people isn't anywhere near as frightening. Not as much as a man who gets lucky because his nemesis is too much of a p*ssy to realise that committing ONE act against his "moral" code would save lives and time, and opts to put him in a prison so escapable it may as well have a revolving f*cking door.

Totally.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:50 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Superman had dreams about Doomsday....

he also had dreams about wonder woman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 12:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Re: IGN - Top 100 villains

Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) should be in the top 5.

To begin with this is the same minacious malignant deplorable demon that ended the Silver Age by murduring Gwen Stacy, not to mention the things he did with her before that. Add in running the show and Avengers in the Marvel Universe without any use of an election. He made Iron Man the most hated man in the Marvel Universe, is purposely trying to tarnish Spider Man, and other marvel super heroes by sending out impersonaters. He's deplorable trash that continues to top himself on the last infernal thing he did.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 12:41 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Joker is more scary than Sinister?

Yeah, because a man with a white face, red eyes, sharp teeth and a penchant for mutilating and experimenting on kidnapped homeless people isn't anywhere near as frightening. Not as much as a man who gets lucky because his nemesis is too much of a p*ssy to realise that committing ONE act against his "moral" code would save lives and time, and opts to put him in a prison so escapable it may as well have a revolving f*cking door.

Totally.

-AC

Cof*kingsign thumb up

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 11:33 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Doom for no1

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 12:05 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Galactus shouldn't be on the list.
He is not a villain.
So either Osborn or DS could take his place.

For the top I think Joker should be no1, but that's personal taste.
Anyone from the top for could also be no1 IMO.

Thanos could be between 40-35 I think.

And the absence of Black Manta just makes this list seem less and less serious.
Although it's still way better than the one Wizard had published.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 12:24 PM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Mr.Sinister is far more malignant than the Joker. He seems like a depraved grim version of Darwin, and is far more shrewd than Dr.House at antagonizing people without the use of physical attacks.

Yes I agree Galactus is not a super villain. He's a force of nature the same as a Tornado, Hurricane, Blizzard. He has been classified as a super villain because he's tried to consume the earth, and he's been written as one.

I don't understand how Catwoman beat out Green Goblin (Norman Osborne). Sure she has the interesting quality that she only plays by her own rules but it's not like Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) doesn't do that either. Overall I think that Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) should be in the top 5.

A shame Jason Wynn didn't make the list. He's responsible for Al Simmons becoming Spawn, represents the big problem of government corruption, and seems very grounded the same as Kingpin.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 06:21 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Osborn is DEFINITELY one of the best villains of recent times.

Look at all he's achieved.

I mean, granted Doom has his own country and is infinitely more badass, but when Doom has more to gain from Osborn than Osborn has to gain from Doom, you know Osborn's a high roller.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 06:35 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Their article on Thanos was completely pathetic as they ignored all his character development since the cosmic cube arc and treated him like he was just the psycho conqueror he was then.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 08:21 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by King Kandy
Their article on Thanos was completely pathetic as they ignored all his character development since the cosmic cube arc and treated him like he was just the psycho conqueror he was then.

Maybe they just thought of him as this guy is a poor man's version of Darksied, or they hated his character development.

Norman accomplished in recent years what he's been wanting for years. Which is a large portion of power. He's a magnate, and has most of the Marvel Universe fooled through manipulating a huge event in a War. That is one titanic impressive feat.

I also have to say Red Skull should have made top 10. He did what Luthor, and Joker failed to do. Not only did he beat his archenemy, he did it in a horrendous way. He's so deplorable that even the vile heinous Joker refused to work with him. He's manage to apall even Magneto, plus Dr.Doom because he was responsible for the extermination of a large portion of their races. There was also some claim made by him that he's above the Nazis. Then the whole thing about his daughter just because she's a female.

Amazed the Darkness didn't make the list. What is so interesting him is that even though he doesn't have a problem being a malicious demon he still has his morals. Add in what dark thing would he create next.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 11:26 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

guys like thanos and Darskeid are beyond the concepts of good and evil...so is Galactus so those guys shouldnt even be on the list per se. IMO its hard to rank the Joker cuz he knows that worse come to worse all he'll get is a broken jaw and some bruised ribs, so he can go to Arkham Bath and Spa and recover so he can escape and do it all over again...to me its obvious that he's not so much "evil" as he is psychotic, he just wants to see how much he can get away with before bats finally decides to kill him...so i would put him further down on the list.

believe it or not, i would put doom further down also...cuz from all ive seen from reading comics its just one failed master plan after the other. and the few times he has actually done something meaningful it didnt affect anything at large other than himself...its the eqivalent of the dumb jock who sits in the back of the class hurling spitballs at the geek in the front row...except the jock is not so dumb..all of his plans revovle around f ****ing up the day of some stretchy guy and his family....lame!!!!

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 12:26 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Sabertooth should be much closer than the 40s and 50s range.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 12:49 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by manjaro
guys like thanos and Darskeid are beyond the concepts of good and evil...so is Galactus so those guys shouldnt even be on the list per se. IMO its hard to rank the Joker cuz he knows that worse come to worse all he'll get is a broken jaw and some bruised ribs, so he can go to Arkham Bath and Spa and recover so he can escape and do it all over again...to me its obvious that he's not so much "evil" as he is psychotic, he just wants to see how much he can get away with before bats finally decides to kill him...so i would put him further down on the list.

believe it or not, i would put doom further down also...cuz from all ive seen from reading comics its just one failed master plan after the other. and the few times he has actually done something meaningful it didnt affect anything at large other than himself...its the eqivalent of the dumb jock who sits in the back of the class hurling spitballs at the geek in the front row...except the jock is not so dumb..all of his plans revovle around f ****ing up the day of some stretchy guy and his family....lame!!!!

I don't see how Darkseid is beyond the concept of good and evil. He knows he's evil, and loves it.

Ok so Joker is the piece of trash that enjoys the drama of making Batman look like a fool since he just keeps putting him in a pitiful excuese for a asylum.

So it's fair to say Dr.Doom is the Yankees of super villains. All that talent yet he keeps failing because he's far to egotistical, and arrogant to think being overconfident, and arrogant is the problem in failing to win. Seems like he could do a truely a heinous malignant act by thinking of a way to disfiguring Human Torch, Mr.Fantastic , and Invisible Woman.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 01:07 AM