KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » IGN - Top 100 villains

IGN - Top 100 villains
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

DS is beyond the concept, at least IMO motivation-wise. "Evil" is not a lot in life or station he has accepted, and just fulfilling some predestined role. Looking at an objective POV all the things he's done is to achieve total order and unity in the known universe...all the lives he has crushed has been of beings that are both literally and figuratively beneath him. the same way i might break out a can of spray when i see a trail of ants in my kitchen...i dont blast them and go MWHA-HA-HA-HA afterwards..actually some times i do that, but still the point is , he's not the desiganted all father of "evil" the way Loki is the god of mischief, or Tho is the god of lightening..but then again maybe he is, cuz Orion is the New God of War....ok..ok lets start from scratch IMO his goals and action havent been spurred on by abject evil

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 08:01 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Surtur isn't evil, because he's powerful?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 08:29 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by manjaro
DS is beyond the concept, at least IMO motivation-wise. "Evil" is not a lot in life or station he has accepted, and just fulfilling some predestined role. Looking at an objective POV all the things he's done is to achieve total order and unity in the known universe...all the lives he has crushed has been of beings that are both literally and figuratively beneath him. the same way i might break out a can of spray when i see a trail of ants in my kitchen...i dont blast them and go MWHA-HA-HA-HA afterwards..actually some times i do that, but still the point is , he's not the desiganted all father of "evil" the way Loki is the god of mischief, or Tho is the god of lightening..but then again maybe he is, cuz Orion is the New God of War....ok..ok lets start from scratch IMO his goals and action havent been spurred on by abject evil

You're right on one count, DS doesn't do stuff because he thinks they are evil.

But he does recognize that in achieving his goals he becomes evil, seeing that he wants to grind the universe into paste and then rebuild it according to his own idea of perfection.

He's acknowledged as much.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 08:45 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

believe it or not, i would put doom further down also...cuz from all ive seen from reading comics its just one failed master plan after the other. and the few times he has actually done something meaningful it didnt affect anything at large other than himself...its the eqivalent of the dumb jock who sits in the back of the class hurling spitballs at the geek in the front row...except the jock is not so dumb..all of his plans revovle around f ****ing up the day of some stretchy guy and his family....lame!!!!

Theres no point in pointing out that villains lose, they are written to lose eventually....duh.

What villains dont have a failed master plan? How many times has Lex and Ras failed? Hell even Thanos has failed lots of times.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 08:46 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

true but none have failed more lamer than Doom. Especially for a guy at his lvl..check it, a dude with near unparalleled scientific acumen who is smart enuff to believe in magic and accept that it is not just another exotic form of energy, yet the bulk of his activities surround making Reed's life a living hell, and to ultimately have the world acknowledge that Doom is the smartest one there is. at least guys like Rhino, Sandman and vulture are always robbing banks, jewelry stroes, and museums before Spiderman shows up to f **** them up, so thier hatred for is understandable at least on that lvl...Doom's hatred for Reed grows further still cuz he always end humiliated after one of his lame brain plots fail. In other words, for a guy of Doom's caliber his master plans shoudnlt be on the same pedestrian levels like guys such as Doc Ock, and the Frightful Four

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 09:05 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Sometimes I think it's hard for Doom to be a hands-off manipulator like Luthor because he insists on wearing that suit that's a red flag for anyone he works with.

But he's cool, he works best as a mad scientist type.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 09:26 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

true but none have failed more lamer than Doom. Especially for a guy at his lvl..check it, a dude with near unparalleled scientific acumen who is smart enuff to believe in magic and accept that it is not just another exotic form of energy, yet the bulk of his activities surround making Reed's life a living hell, and to ultimately have the world acknowledge that Doom is the smartest one there is. at least guys like Rhino, Sandman and vulture are always robbing banks, jewelry stroes, and museums before Spiderman shows up to f **** them up, so thier hatred for is understandable at least on that lvl...Doom's hatred for Reed grows further still cuz he always end humiliated after one of his lame brain plots fail. In other words, for a guy of Doom's caliber his master plans shoudnlt be on the same pedestrian levels like guys such as Doc Ock, and the Frightful Four

The hell are you talking about? no expression

What Doom stories have you actually read?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 09:37 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The hell are you talking about? no expression

What Doom stories have you actually read?

ok your veiled attempt at an insult aside, i'll just give you one notable example. a story arc entitled Fantastic Four: 1234. In it Doom has a device that can re-write reality. and instead you know, immediately imposing his will on the world and be done with it, what does he do? spend a few days if not weeks mind f ****ing the FF. First he makes Thing engage his Emo mode and start doubting himself and his freinds and the whole, yearning to be normal, and why hasnt Reed tryed to fix me feelings reared its ugly head once again. he has Johhny and Sue yell and scream at each over the simplest things like a bunch of spoiled brats, and of course has Reed look like a jerkbag who just wants to spend time in his lab and not with his family, especially his wife who feels rejected. all in a lame attempt to break up the team.

Only to find out that Reed felt the subtle changes in his own personality and was aware of the fact that he was doing and saying things he normally wouldnt. thereby coming to the conclusion that he was being manipulated, then it wasnt a leap for him figure out it was none other than Doom. so the whole time he locked himself in his lab he was building a similar device not having seen the one Doom had, then both of them had this massive reality warping Chess match. and instead sending fire on brimstone on the Baxter Building to get rid of his main foe, he sends a *gasp* giant Doombot. that stinks of something the leader would do. after all that master planning he got beaten at his own game....lamely......and i know this is the part where ppl are gonna say that villains are always meant to lose, but high caliber ones shouldnt have to lose so foolishlly

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 10:53 PM
TheOneFirestorm

I'm amazed Bizzaro made the list because he seems to be written more as a nusciance dolt than a minacious miscreant.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 06:55 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Allankles
Sometimes I think it's hard for Doom to be a hands-off manipulator like Luthor because he insists on wearing that suit that's a red flag for anyone he works with.

But he's cool, he works best as a mad scientist type.

The thing is, his master plans don't go into things like politics(or at least American politics) or even conspiracies. He finds new ways to harness power, unleash Hell, and so on.

Any ways, I found IGN's list to be flat out terrible. There are some villain descriptions where they give absolutely no reason to why the villains is as high ranked as they are.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 01:08 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 04:40 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

No offence but....owned.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 07:06 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Bad Ash231

Who's the man talking to Darkseid?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 07:17 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Who's the man talking to Darkseid?

Anarky.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:42 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Amazed Black Queen (Selene didn't make it. She has no problem stealing life force from other people to keep her outer beuaty. On the outside she's gorgeous but on the inside she's grim, and hideous.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:13 AM
manjaro

Originally posted by Bad Ash231

well in my opinion he's still waaaay more than just some evil guy. thats why i said that he is beyond the concept of good and evil. he even said it in a few of those panels that "good and evil are only relative." cuz after all one man's vilain is another man's hero.

admittedly i might have to revise my thoughts about his lot in life and his predestined role in the universe. cuz i remeber that he is one of those cosmic consonance beings like Galactus..as evidenced when the Spectre slaughtered him like a small woodland creature and the Source brought him back to life. cuz turns out his purpose is to balance out all the positive vibes in the universe.

now since he said it out of his own mouth its hard to argue with, and im not gonna do the standard fanboy thing and say that whoever wrote that dont know what the hell thier talking aboutbig grin, but the only thing i can say is that he may just enjoy doing evil things

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Amazed Black Queen (Selene didn't make it. She has no problem stealing life force from other people to keep her outer beuaty. On the outside she's gorgeous but on the inside she's grim, and hideous.

i was about to say "well, she is a woman" but that's a road i'm not taking...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 05:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
i was about to say "well, she is a woman" but that's a road i'm not taking...

Bada broke your heart again?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 09:42 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Bada broke your heart again?

don't pretend you don't wish it was you...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Joker is more scary than Sinister?

Yeah, because a man with a white face, red eyes, sharp teeth and a penchant for mutilating and experimenting on kidnapped homeless people isn't anywhere near as frightening. Not as much as a man who gets lucky because his nemesis is too much of a p*ssy to realise that committing ONE act against his "moral" code would save lives and time, and opts to put him in a prison so escapable it may as well have a revolving f*cking door.

Totally.

-AC
i don't really know why this is relevant to what i posted, but i do want to elaborate on sinister's character.

even before he gained his powers, he was a darwinist surgeon/human biologist from the 1800's whose reputation as a godless monster of science caused regular lynch mobs and laboratory raids, all because of his desire to learn what caused the malformations and death of his newborn son.

of coarse this reputation garnered the attention of apocalypse and later his ascenssion into a real deal monster, in the image of what the people thought of him and using the moniker they gave him: sinister.

his name and appearance are due to 1800 religious townspeople's perceptions of what he should look like based on rumor and hearsay; a bat or vampire that takes people away in the night and feats on them.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 05:56 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote