KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Mutant Levels

Mutant Levels
Started by: Omgu8mynewt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omgu8mynewt

Mutant Levels

Ok, so I read a lot about the mutant levels but I dont understand them...

What are they called and can you please give some examples of mutants at each level and what is the difference between levels

Soz if a repeat thread, I had a look and couldn't find an answer to my questions but this forum is HUGE

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 07:46 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silke
ME.

Professor Xavier: "You did of course, request that she define the levels of mutation."

Emma Frost: "That's beside the point. You know full well the girl disrupts my class with her attention seeking nuisances. Now I can't even grade her papers without hearing her voice grinding my nerves through the page. Charles, she insists on her pithy doodles and scribblings so much that I can barely read what she's supposed to have written."

Professor Xavier: "I don't know, I think it's a rather splendid description of mutation as we understand it. Perhaps we should use Jubilation's explanation as a standard."

Emma Frost: "You can't be serious..."

(please log in to view the image)

Bobby (speaking of Scott):
"Once, I saw him relax. He made me promise I wouldn't tell."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 07:48 PM
Silke is currently offline Click here to Send Silke a Private Message Find more posts by Silke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

Whats the difference between Alpha and Omega?

Also curious, what is Wolverines problem that stops him being Alpha? Magneto?

Im guessing Zeta mutants is something Jubilee made up right?

Lotsa questions smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:03 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Bucket head I'm not sure why.But do we want Wolvie to be one.He already gets to much air time.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:08 PM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

1. Alphas are powerful, Omegas have unlimited potential, Alphas don't.
2. Wolverine's healing factor and the fact that he looks feral makes him beta.
3. Zetas are real.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:10 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hugekent

It'd be pretty cool to get some sort of conformation in the comics of levels everyone's at. I think the confirmed Omegas have been named, but other than that it's mostly just trying to fit everyone to their most suited group.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:18 AM
hugekent is currently offline Click here to Send hugekent a Private Message Find more posts by hugekent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

There is also an Omega list. Not sure if it is accurate tho

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...a_Level_Mutants

Also the classifications are discussed here (scroll down a bit). Similar to what Jubilee wrote

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Homo_Superior

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 07:38 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah, it's right.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 08:11 AM
dyajeep

quote: (post)

* i've read somewhere that Cyclops was an Alpha-level mutant... here, he is Beta... which is which? confused

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:44 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by peejayd
* i've read somewhere that Cyclops was an Alpha-level mutant... here, he is Beta... which is which? confused

he's alpha.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

I guess it's just a misake. They probably thought "oh, Scott can't control his eye beams, so he must be beta", forgetting that his lack of control is not genetically determined, but a result of an accident. So actually Scott would be an alpha level mutant.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:51 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

^That. Cyclops is Alpha, but they consider him beta because of his self imposed power block.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:09 PM
hugekent

Thanks for that guys.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 12:58 PM
hugekent is currently offline Click here to Send hugekent a Private Message Find more posts by hugekent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Wolverine an Alpha not a beta not sure were the misconception came that he a beta, but it wrong.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:25 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Why would Wolvie be an Alpha? His mutation has some serious drawbacks.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 10:20 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Actually, Logan is a beta. The fact that his power is constantly on, he looks feral, he goes into a beserker range, etc.... Yeah, he's beta.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 10:30 AM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Logan's clearly a beta.
Besides his feral look and instincts his claws are keep damaging him again and again, so ...

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Last edited by wannabe on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 04:44 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

No he an alpha, the term was created and used most frequently in AOA which he was stated numerous times as an alpha mutant. He is an alpha, he never in any time line been classified as anything put Alpha. Actaully almost all the x-men are alpha save one or two

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:48 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

he an alpha like wolverine

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:50 PM