KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Mutant Levels

Mutant Levels
Started by: Omgu8mynewt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
when?

and are you sure he isn't atleast part human? werent his parents and brother human?

and why the hell does marvel consider him a mutant if hes not even human

that explained it during wolverine run were he killed sabre-tooth

He is a mutant he just a mutant of the race of lupins which romulas was the first of the kind.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:48 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* i think, mr.battlehammer here was stating the defunct origin of Wolverine where he was once considered as a literal wolverine animal who evolved into a human... which was before he was branded as a mutant...

quote:
Wolverine's first intended origin

Despite misreadings that suggest co-creator Len Wein originally intended for Logan to be a mutated wolverine cub, evolved to humanoid form by the High Evolutionary, Wein emphatically denies this:

“While I readily admit that my original idea was for Wolvie's claws to extend from the backs of his gloves ... I absolutely did not ever intend to make Logan a mutated wolverine. I write stories about human beings, not evolved animals (with apologies for any story I may have written that involved the High Evolutionary). The mutated wolverine thing came about long after I was no longer involved with the book. I'm not certain if the idea was first suggested by Chris Claremont, the late, much-missed Dave Cockrum, or John Byrne when he came aboard as artist, but it most certainly did not start with me.”

In X-Men #98 (April 1976), a biological analysis of Wolverine suggests that he was in some way different from the other X-Men, and in X-Men #103, Wolverine says he does not believe in leprechauns, to which the leprechaun replies, "Maybe leprechauns don't believe in talkin' wolverines, either."

In an article about the evolution of Wolverine included in a 1986 reprint of The Incredible Hulk #180-181, titled Incredible Hulk and Wolverine, Cockrum is quoted as saying that he considered having the High Evolutionary play a vital role in making Wolverine a human. Writer Wein wanted Wolverine to be the age of a young adult, with superhuman strength and agility similar to Spider-Man. This changed when Wein saw Cockrum's drawing of the unmasked Wolverine as a hairy 40-year-old. Wein originally intended the claws to be retractable and part of Wolverine's gloves, and both gloves and claws would be made of adamantium. Chris Claremont eventually revealed that they were an integrated part of Wolverine's anatomy in X-Men #98 (April 1976).

* an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)/

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:28 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by peejayd
* i think, mr.battlehammer here was stating the defunct origin of Wolverine where he was once considered as a literal wolverine animal who evolved into a human... which was before he was branded as a mutant...

* an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)/

nope I wasent. I am talking about the issue leading up to the death of sabre-tooth through out the arc you find out that they are both part of the lupin race. also why would I state romulas if I was talking about an idea that took place 20 years ago and was never used.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:36 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

also wolverines arnt canines.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:38 AM
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Lupine or not his mutation still has drewbacks which makes him a non-Alpha. The healing factor "heals" his mind giving him memory loss. The claws causes him constant pain (or are they a lupine trait too?)
In short, he is flawed. So are humans too ofc, but not because of x-gene mutation.

Why this desperate need to see Wolvie rated as an Alpha? Hope to see him revealed as Omega some day?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 07:18 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Battlehammer
nope I wasent. I am talking about the issue leading up to the death of sabre-tooth through out the arc you find out that they are both part of the lupin race. also why would I state romulas if I was talking about an idea that took place 20 years ago and was never used.

* well, i haven't heard that yet...

(please log in to view the image)

* it was already stated that Wolverine is a Beta-level mutant, from Jubilee herself... in 616 universe...

* you see, Beta or not, Wolverine already enjoys enough popularity in the Marvel universe so this is really no big deal... it's not against him but it's just an assessment of his genetic mutation level or sort of...

Last edited by dyajeep on Jul 8th, 2009 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 07:57 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by peejayd
* well, i haven't heard that yet...

(please log in to view the image)

* it was already stated that Wolverine is a Beta-level mutant, from Jubilee herself... in 616 universe...

* you see, Beta or not, Wolverine already enjoys enough popularity in the Marvel universe so this is really no big deal... it's not against him but it's just an assessment of his genetic mutation level or sort of...

this is not 616 that not even froma comic story line.

No wolverine is not he an alpha which has been stated numerous times

thats becauses you dont read wolverine comics

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:25 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mshinu
Lupine or not his mutation still has drewbacks which makes him a non-Alpha. The healing factor "heals" his mind giving him memory loss. The claws causes him constant pain (or are they a lupine trait too?)

No actaully his memory loses is dirrectly from mind wipes and form xavier which was stated on pannel. try again.

Originally posted by Mshinu
short, he is flawed. So are humans too ofc, but not because of x-gene mutation.

Why this desperate need to see Wolvie rated as an Alpha? Hope to see him revealed as Omega some day?

Actaully alpha cna be flawed as well there flaws are just not major.

How am I the one being deperate here? I am basing my claims of on pannel evideances not some crap I found on wiki. why are you so desperate for wolverine to be beta even though the controdicts dirrect comic statements.

One cant become an omega it impossiable your either one or your not nor would I want wolverine to be one or care.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:30 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Actually, Alphas have no flaws regarding their power or anything else, which is why they're Alpha.

There have also been instances where his memories were so painful, his brain healed them, which would also make him a beta.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by KingD19
Actually, Alphas have no flaws regarding their power or anything else, which is why they're Alpha.

There have also been instances where his memories were so painful, his brain healed them, which would also make him a beta.

actaully alpha can have small flaws.

actaully it was one instances when he was a kid and a tramatic expereinces occured the death of his father. This is not a mutant flaw in his powers, this can happen to anyone when at sucha young age there see such an event. That far from being a flaw in his powers.

also again on pannel statements>>>>>wiki or any crap you wanna come up with.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:51 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully it was one instances when he was a kid and a tramatic expereinces occured the death of his father. This is not a mutant flaw in his powers, this can happen to anyone when at sucha young age there see such an event. That far from being a flaw in his powers.

Just one instance? Hell no. What about Cyber killing Janet?

Also, AoA alpha mutant definition can differ from Jubilee's alpha mutant definition.

Does Wolverine have complete control over his mutant power? No. He prevented his hair from growing back, but that's all. He can't cancel his HF. It was stated on panel - Didn't ask for a healing factor, pal. No matter what I do to it, body just won't quit.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 10:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Name one Alpha mutant you know of with any type of flaw in their power set?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 11:05 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hugekent

Why is he so desperate for Wolverine to be an Alpha? What's so bad about being a Beta, he's still a bad ass character.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 03:58 AM
hugekent is currently offline Click here to Send hugekent a Private Message Find more posts by hugekent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

BH hates being wrong.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 05:16 AM
ladders

I'm really sorry for bringing back an old thread but, what issue of which title is this from?

Originally posted by Silke
Professor Xavier: "You did of course, request that she define the levels of mutation."

Emma Frost: "That's beside the point. You know full well the girl disrupts my class with her attention seeking nuisances. Now I can't even grade her papers without hearing her voice grinding my nerves through the page. Charles, she insists on her pithy doodles and scribblings so much that I can barely read what she's supposed to have written."

Professor Xavier: "I don't know, I think it's a rather splendid description of mutation as we understand it. Perhaps we should use Jubilation's explanation as a standard."

Emma Frost: "You can't be serious..."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 11:47 PM
ladders is currently offline Click here to Send ladders a Private Message Find more posts by ladders Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladders

bump?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 07:40 PM
ladders is currently offline Click here to Send ladders a Private Message Find more posts by ladders Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladders

anyone at all?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:49 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

you should ask in the x-men thread in the comic books forum. i honestly don't know...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

In Age of Apocalypse Logan was registered as an Alpha....and that was with one hand!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 12:24 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

AoA is not 616 is it? Until otherwise stated, Logan is Beta.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 05:06 AM