KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Unfortunate, but true.

There are several films that I rated above T2. T2 is not one of my favs. It's a great film...but no 9. I have a long list of 9's before I get to my 8s.

And no one is contradicting that. However, you anecdotal evidence does not disprove that the film sold a crap load of tickets. Not to mention all of the third party merchandising and licensing, and future reveneus from blu-ray and dvd releass. That movie was a smashing hit.

But that's not what I said, now is it?

I wasn't laughing very much throughout the film, myself. I'm not mainstream humor. But that doesn't mean I didnt' see it for what it was: mainstream humor.

This is true. But, unlike you, I have to get up early, so Ican't stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning.

You would if you were a nightshifter like me.
But til then, I guess you'll just have to spend your days at work skiving off on KMC, huh...?

Sounds like largely we are agreed.

Its sounds like much of your misuanderstanding of my position is down to the overlooking of the fact that what did well on box office does not reflect its content.
Heres the pattern forming with these movies:

The name, and the prospect of seeing the original characters on screen sell it.

The public go out in droves to see just that.

Then the public get jerked around for 2 hours with second rate plots from other movies, dick jokes and some idiot's stupid shallow, inane "love" story shit, whilst the decepticons are turned to faceless characterless shit.

The most of the descerning audience feel cheated.
Lots of folk who just like fast flashy, mindless drivel as long as they get to wolf whistle at Megan fox, laugh at a few dick jokes and see a big robot everynow and then rate it is the most genius film theyve seen.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
You would if you were a nightshifter like me.
But til then, I guess you'll just have to spend your days at work skiving off on KMC, huh...?

I don't know what that means...but I do try to pass the down time on KMC. KMC is not blocked because it is mostly text based. Youtube is blocked, so are other streaming audio and video sites. It is to save bandwidth so enterprise operations can continue without undue slowness.

Sounds like largely we are agreed.

For the most part, yup. I rated it a little higher than you did. 7.5-8. I rated it 8 after seeing it a second time...but since the "excitement" has subsided, I'm going back down to a 7.5.

Its sounds like much of your misuanderstanding of my position is down to the overlooking of the fact that what did well on box office does not reflect its content.

But that's your personal way of measuring, not Hollywood's or the general public.

Here's the pattern forming with these movies:

The name, and the prospect of seeing the original characters on screen sell it.

The public go out in droves to see just that.

Then the public get jerked around for 2 hours with second rate plots from other movies, dick jokes and some idiot's stupid shallow, inane "love" story shit, whilst the decepticons are turned to faceless characterless shit.

The most of the descerning audience feel cheated.
Lots of folk who just like fast flashy, mindless drivel as long as they get to wolf whistle at Megan fox, laugh at a few dick jokes and see a big robot everynow and then rate it is the most genius film theyve seen.

I view it as follows:

Lots of mainstream humor throughout the movie to appeal to the largest group of people possible.

Tons of action and visual affects to make most theaters look awesome and wow the watcher.

An extensive effort to incorporate as many fan service references and characters as possible, while not going overboard as to not offend the casual movie watcher. The Fallen was not what I hoped he would be. I expected a dark massive Transformer that was on fire.

And some writing to make room for a third.

Seems like a 7 or an 8 movie, just in the description, to me.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 10:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I downloaded a crappy version of TF2 just to see if i could edit it. and i managed to take an hour of crap out of it. basically i edited out that the transformers are a secret, i significantly reduced the parents, Leo and Simmons time on screen, removed the crap with the fallen till almost the end, removed most of the anticts in egypt and also made it so there is no devistator.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:17 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackinBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

what i really find strange about hollywood is the depiction of the middle east. i don't know what it is...is it because they fear the dumbass american audience won't be able to figure out this is middle east or is it because they want to maintain this middle eastern stereotype of deserts and camels and women in hijabs. all this is UTTER GARBAGE. egypt is pretty developed, cairo and alexanderia particularly and people don't go around walking around in deserts like how they showed.

stupid hollywood.

Mere Anarchy is loosened upon the world

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 08:38 AM
BackinBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BackinBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BackinBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by BackinBlack
what i really find strange about hollywood is the depiction of the middle east. i don't know what it is...is it because they fear the dumbass american audience won't be able to figure out this is middle east or is it because they want to maintain this middle eastern stereotype of deserts and camels and women in hijabs. all this is UTTER GARBAGE. egypt is pretty developed, cairo and alexanderia particularly and people don't go around walking around in deserts like how they showed.

stupid hollywood.

Some of it is devoloped yes with big buildings and cars etc. , but there are still people living in shacks and pulling carts with a donkeys. I still agree with your statement that TF2 was definatly made for dumbass americans. I laughed when i saw where they dropped optimus and then they were fighting right beside the pyramids. Pyramids are 250miles west of that. Don't worry they also botched the washington air and space museum which in the movie some how backs onto the boneyard in arizona.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 09:11 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stupid hollywood.

Yet it depicts the US military as some ethically whiter than white uber techno force that are presented in these situations like the english empire would be depicted in "fighting the savages" pictures.

Its like they exaggerate the negative stereotypes of side, and the positive ones of the other to fit that "The entire stinking world needs Team America to save it from its own primitiveness" message that the Military managed to get written into the movie in exchange for all that backing/cooperation.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 11:39 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

stupid hollywood.

I saw skyscrapers in the distance of downtown Cairo, when the Deceptions were making their landings for the battle. And we see the Jordanians coming in modern attack helicopters. We saw the command centre in America acting respectfully, asking the Jordanians for help and getting permission from Egypt to use airspace, instead of just assuming.
So the battle took place in the far outskirts, where houses were old and broken down. Go outside any major metro area, you'll find poorer looking areas.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 09:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by roughrider
I saw skyscrapers in the distance of downtown Cairo, when the Deceptions were making their landings for the battle. And we see the Jordanians coming in modern attack helicopters. We saw the command centre in America acting respectfully, asking the Jordanians for help and getting permission from Egypt to use airspace, instead of just assuming.
So the battle took place in the far outskirts, where houses were old and broken down. Go outside any major metro area, you'll find poorer looking areas.

One problem with that, where they dropped optimus and where cairo and they pyramids are located are 250miles apart.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 04:15 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Movie about toys, didn't have to make sense. What I loved about this movie was how random it was much like saturday morning cartoons.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 11:35 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep. I knew it was in the shit, when they failed to make Megatron a gun/ Soundwave/frenzy their size shifting selves.

I thought the same thing: Why overdo the real for accuracy, if what you are left with is a very accurate piece of excrement..?

Cause Bay treats it like a commercial and just wanted to change everything for copyright's sake....

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 12:50 AM
Scythe
The Goat

That's how I felt about all that Beast Machines bullcrap. Beast Wars was a huge step, but I got used to it, but then it changed, changed hardcore.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 12:52 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

yes ....It was panel beaten beyond recognition and raped repeatedly with a special armour plated rape dick.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 01:19 PM
darthmaul1

It's coming out on DVD in a month so it should be availible to download a good quality soon, so i am going to edit it considerably and it will probably end up being 1hr and 40min long.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 06:51 PM
allenborder

Hi...
Transformer II... No comments... I like that movie so much and most important Megan Fox.... Gorgeous.. But the graphics and all the resolution part just to good....

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 07:21 AM
allenborder is currently offline Click here to Send allenborder a Private Message Find more posts by allenborder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Scorponok's brief appearance was probably my favorite Decepticon scene in the entire film.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 09:45 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I read one review for this movie and the reviewer said the Story, Characters and dialogue make The Phantom Menace look intellectual.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 07:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Yep. I knew it was in the shit, when they failed to make Megatron a gun/ Soundwave/frenzy their size shifting selves.

I thought the same thing: Why overdo the real for accuracy, if what you are left with is a very accurate piece of excrement..?

Cause Bay treats it like a commercial and just wanted to change everything for copyright's sake....

For once I agree with you. Megatron really should have been a gun, and changing size is really the only redeemable quality of Soundwave and Frenzy. Getting rid of that really got rid of anything resembling the characters.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
One problem with that, where they dropped optimus and where cairo and they pyramids are located are 250miles apart.

This complaint reminds me of that sarah conner poster in the Terminator forums complaining that the registry changes on the plane in the end of Terminator 3.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 03:38 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

this movie sucked BUT

that forest fight was too awesome to describe in words. Especially that wide shot of optimus getting blown like 300 feet over sams head... and then the epic autobot music kicks in as he kicks ass

OOOH GOD FANGASM INITIATING

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 04:48 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Some people say that watching this movie is like staring into a retarded sun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 10:01 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Whatever that may mean. . .

Anyways, picked up this film on Blu-Ray, it's amazing, the forest fight scene looks great all extended and massive. I lost count how many fighting styles I saw Prime use.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 10:04 AM