KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Just thougt it to be sub par for a James Cameron creditted movie is all...... smile

Hear you about mind numbing action movies though.

Well , nothing really wrong with a mind numbing action movie from time to time. My godness look at Predator and Die Hard. Great action classics.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 06:51 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sure, although I dont know if Id describe either of those as mindnumbing....but I share the sentiment.
Many of their many many imitators, sure....by those two were a cut above.

"Commando" is a mindnumber-upper from back in those days.

Jason Statham movies like the transporter films are the sort of braindeadness that represents the low end of the cerebral spectrum today....and of course, anything by Michael Bay.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 06:59 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Sure, although I dont know if Id describe either of those as mindnumbing....but I share the sentiment.
Many of their many many imitators, sure....by those two were a cut above.

"Commando" is a mindnumber-upper from back in those days.

Jason Statham movies like the transporter films are the sort of braindeadness that represents the low end of the cerebral spectrum today....and of course, anything by Michael Bay.

Not every thing from Bay... he has 2 good movies then 3 bad, so after TF2 we sill have to crapfests to sit through.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 07:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jason Statham movies like the transporter films are the sort of braindeadness that represents the low end of the cerebral spectrum today....and of course, anything by Michael Bay .

There's mind numbing and then there's crap on celulod.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 07:18 AM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hahaha True.

And they actually achieved it.

An art form of its own. smile

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:26 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

The more I think about the movie, the more I realize how bad it was. I'm disappointed by how mind killingly bad "Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" was, especially when the concept alone allows for an amazing, mythological, and science fiction epic on the scale of "Star Wars".

Imagine this being adapted more into film noir.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 09:29 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

smile

I'll go edit it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 09:32 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
The more I think about the movie, the more I realize how bad it was. I'm disappointed by how mind killingly bad "Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" was, especially when the concept alone allows for an amazing, mythological, and science fiction epic on the scale of "Star Wars".

Yeah I was thinking about this very story arc justthe other day when I was trawling through the season one DVDs.

Good call. smokin'

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 03:34 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Maybe by the third film they will deal with Cybertron - they will need something to offset an appearance by Unicron (who is rumoured to be in the works.) They dropped hints about exploring the origins of Transformers in ROTF, when Epps speculates about Optimus Prime: "Gotta wonder. If God made us in his image - who made him?"

Instead, they used elements from the episode about the Solar Needle in Africa (hilarious, when you see the Autobots drive from Oregon to Africa in a day's time!) Look for that one on YouTube.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 08:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe by the third film they will deal with Cybertron - they will need something to offset an appearance by Unicron (who is rumoured to be in the works.) They dropped hints about exploring the origins of Transformers in ROTF, when Epps speculates about Optimus Prime: "Gotta wonder. If God made us in his image - who made him?"

Instead, they used elements from the episode about the Solar Needle in Africa (hilarious, when you see the Autobots drive from Oregon to Africa in a day's time!) Look for that one on YouTube.

Just as good when in ROTF they go so quickly from Egypt to Jordan and skip over israel and also they drop optimus in "Jordan" 250 miles from the pyramids but they pyramids are miraculously right beside them.
I LMAO when i saw that.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 08:45 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Just as good when in ROTF they go so quickly from Egypt to Jordan and skip over israel and also they drop optimus in "Jordan" 250 miles from the pyramids but they pyramids are miraculously right beside them.
I LMAO when i saw that.

Bay can be spatially (and time) challenged. Nothing beats the crashing aircraft Ben Affleck was in over the English Channel in Pearl Harbour. The dogfight was in daylight when he gets shot up; by the time he hits the water it's nightime, as I recall. big grin

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 06:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I LMAO when i saw that.

...Or maybe he's paying homage to past episodes with how the Autobots got around so quickly! Transformers fans should be praising Michael Bay for his diligence - ungrateful bastards that they are. big grin

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:13 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe by the third film they will deal with Cybertron

They destroyed Cybertron. That's was the first warning that Bay had no clue about anything Transformers.

I doubt he'll do anything epic with the next film. I mean, seriously, a sun harvester? That's the best they could do?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:23 PM
darthmaul1

Here is a question, the planet that Megatron goes back to and sees starscream and the fallen. was that cybertron? or was it a moon of saturn?
either way they must be able to travel at a great rate of speed, even more if it's cybertron.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:55 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Here is a question, the planet that Megatron goes back to and sees starscream and the fallen. was that cybertron? or was it a moon of saturn?
either way they must be able to travel at a great rate of speed, even more if it's cybertron.

It's a moon called Titan, if I'm not mistaken, it's one of Saturn's moons.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:56 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They destroyed Cybertron. That's was the first warning that Bay had no clue about anything Transformers.

I doubt he'll do anything epic with the next film. I mean, seriously, a sun harvester? That's the best they could do?

Cybertron isn't destroyed - it's a burnt out shell of a planet, but intact. Just like it was in the first few seasons of the cartoon. Recapturing the AllSpark was supposed to be used to rebuild the decaying planet, which has had problems generating new lifeforms since the cube was ejected away by Optimus.

The sun harvester was going to destroy Earth - and likely the solar system. That's not epic?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 07:47 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Scythe
It's a moon called Titan, if I'm not mistaken, it's one of Saturn's moons.

So it was Saturns moon titan? or was it cybertron?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:50 PM
Scythe
The Goat

So it was Saturns moon titan? or was it cybertron?

It's Saturn's moon, not Cybertron at all.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 08:13 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

like and love it..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 11:17 AM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote