KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

liked it. especially the jungle fight scene. complete prime pwnage.. until he got stabbed anyway. and bumble bee kicked ass. dude can fight. liked the way they showed prime's bad assery the right way. he is optimus prime for f*ck's sake..

bad things.. too many robots. soundwave.. wtf. one of the coolest robots ever and he just floated around in spaces eaves dropping on calls? what happened to laser beak? megan fox's lips.. what the hell? botox is poison. when will hollywood stop..

anyways.. cool movie. i give it a 7.5, maybe an 8/10.


__________________

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 08:10 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
liked it. especially the jungle fight scene. complete prime pwnage.. until he got stabbed anyway. and bumble bee kicked ass. dude can fight. liked the way they showed prime's bad assery the right way. he is optimus prime for f*ck's sake..

bad things.. too many robots. soundwave.. wtf. one of the coolest robots ever and he just floated around in spaces eaves dropping on calls? what happened to laser beak? megan fox's lips.. what the hell? botox is poison. when will hollywood stop..

anyways.. cool movie. i give it a 7.5, maybe an 8/10.



Indeed.


All good points...and we rated it the same.


Right I watched the movie, I rated it a 7...but then I got to thinking about how the story was much better than I realized, and bumped it up to 8.


__________________

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 08:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

I so loved this movie, twice as much as I thought I would...

good story, good cgi, great location shoots..


as for the "racists" transformers, I found them to be NOT racists one bit , i found them to be very very funny,.. This ties IMO Star Trek for the best movie of the summer 10/10


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 09:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Star Trek IMO was the best of the summer. Watchmen the best of the 2009.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 10:03 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I so loved this movie, twice as much as I thought I would...

good story, good cgi, great location shoots..


as for the "racists" transformers, I found them to be NOT racists one bit , i found them to be very very funny,.. This ties IMO Star Trek for the best movie of the summer 10/10


people are so damn sensitive these days. the twins weren't racist at all. they were intended to be caricatures. they were not trying to represent any race, but rather connect to this generation. the twins talk exactly how high school kids talk these days. people need to take chill pills.. matter of fact, we as a society need an overdose of it. lol..


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 12:05 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
people are so damn sensitive these days. the twins weren't racist at all. they were intended to be caricatures. they were not trying to represent any race, but rather connect to this generation. the twins talk exactly how high school kids talk these days. people need to take chill pills.. matter of fact, we as a society need an overdose of it. lol..




QFMFT!


If more people thought like this, the world be less racist, as backwards as that sounds.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 12:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Gender: Female
Location: At home, wishing

Better than the first movie.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:04 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Gender: Male
Location: Gotham City

Plus, the Transformers got the language from the internet. So pretty much that would be slang and all the shit as well.


__________________
When Gotham is in ashes, you'll have my permission to die - Bane

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:14 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Gender: Male
Location: McClane's Right one

Then why dont they speak typo...?


__________________



"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:33 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

I keep seeing all this shit about how the humor was forced from people

it did'nt feel forced to me.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Then why dont they speak typo...?


uhm.. because typos are typed? confused


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:44 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I guess you didn't realize that the concussion from the blast did not kill Sam, did you?


You'd think that there was something else going on, there...considering he was not blown to bits...and just got launched/knocked out.


Maybe...just maybe....the Matrix (not Allspark, I meant matrix...my bad.) contains the memories of all the previous primes? Oh, wait, it does. no expression

You're just like Ebert, criticizing something because your ignorant of. Sure, you can criticize the cheesy humor, excessive sound and fighting, etc. But you can't criticize something in the plot because you failed to understand it...unless your critcism was that it was complex or too confusing.


Iam NOT ignorant of what was going on!
Ok, Sam was in all intense purposes dead, they were trying to jump start his heart with the paddles for christ sake, and even if he wasn't dead as you say and just knocked out it was still lame that he see's the primes.

I understood most everything in the plot, and i can criticize it if they fail to get the point accross or just bury it and hope the fans don't notice. Ok fine only a prime can kill the fallen, but why couldn't the military just drop prime closer to sam and then he goes to kill the fallen??
And what the hell was with that portal that propelled them from america to egypt? I understand the concept behind it, but it was stupid that they even did it,they could of flown there instead of that crap.
Don't get me wrong, i was entertained to a certain extent, but it was just stupid story points, missing robots and too many other ones that you never knew who or what they were, that brought this movie down.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:48 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

one of the best scenes was when prime drove off the military plane, transformed in mid-air and just started pwning that wheel guy robot dude.

and seeing the audi getting split in half sucked. i want that audi.. and the corvette.. and the camaro.. and the peterbilt.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:41 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Gender: Male
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away! Top Secret C

In alliance Bumblebee gets hit by Starscream or Wreckage damaging his vocal thingies.
Barricade appears in alliance perfectly fine!


__________________

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:03 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States, Earth

i just came from this move and as i expected it was a complete and utter bore. And it irked me too.

It was basically Transformers 1.2. The movie was very immature and offered nothing new.

Those two ghetto robots were soo corney with their 90's hood slang. "In Yo Face!" lol God..

I wasn't impressed by the film at all. I almost missed this on purpose but went ahead and gave it a chance. The last chance.

4/10

Not even the explosions fascinated me. It was a meaningless 2 1/2hr popcorn movie.

My take.


__________________
"The darkside, Sidious, is an illness no true Sith wishes to be cured of, my young apprentice .."

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 07:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I keep seeing all this shit about how the humor was forced from people

it did'nt feel forced to me.



agreed.. the humor was perfect and spot on..


next... transformers 3


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Gender: Female
Location: At home, wishing

GIEF Unicron!

Or has anything been revealed on 3rd?


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:03 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
GIEF Unicron!

Or has anything been revealed on 3rd?


nothing yet, but 3 will be greenlighted sometime shortly


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Gender: Female
Location: At home, wishing

A foe so powerful that Decepticons and Autobots are forced into alliance would be awesome. Or at least fake alliance, one which ends up with delicious Megatron betrayal.


__________________

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:08 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Gender: Male
Location: raxacoricofallapatorius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i just came from this move and as i expected it was a complete and utter bore. And it irked me too.

It was basically Transformers 1.2. The movie was very immature and offered nothing new.

Those two ghetto robots were soo corney with their 90's hood slang. "In Yo Face!" lol God..

I wasn't impressed by the film at all. I almost missed this on purpose but went ahead and gave it a chance. The last chance.

4/10

Not even the explosions fascinated me. It was a meaningless 2 1/2hr popcorn movie.

My take.

How was it Transformers 1.2? It definitely wasn't the same thing, completely different storyline, tons of new characters, and way better fights. Definitely not the same thing as the first one.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Iam NOT ignorant of what was going on!
Ok, Sam was in all intense purposes dead, they were trying to jump start his heart with the paddles for christ sake, and even if he wasn't dead as you say and just knocked out it was still lame that he see's the primes.

I understood most everything in the plot, and i can criticize it if they fail to get the point accross or just bury it and hope the fans don't notice. Ok fine only a prime can kill the fallen, but why couldn't the military just drop prime closer to sam and then he goes to kill the fallen??
And what the hell was with that portal that propelled them from america to egypt? I understand the concept behind it, but it was stupid that they even did it,they could of flown there instead of that crap.
Don't get me wrong, i was entertained to a certain extent, but it was just stupid story points, missing robots and too many other ones that you never knew who or what they were, that brought this movie down.

From what I've seen so far you missed a bunch of stuff. I don't think you fully comprehended the plot.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
A foe so powerful that Decepticons and Autobots are forced into alliance would be awesome. Or at least fake alliance, one which ends up with delicious Megatron betrayal.

Indeed I'd like to see that.


__________________
I've got a Charisma of 23, max ranks and skill focus in Seduction, and I just rolled a 17. Are we doing it yet?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 09:29 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 01:13 PM.
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.