KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
dadudemon for the love of pete your are thick!!

1. I'm not gay. I don't love Pete.

2. I am thick. I work out quite a bit. [csm]naughty[csm]

There were too many transformers so i wanted less, and with the less number lets actually see and know their names and their transportation mode!

You're forgetting about the little transformer at the beginning of the movie that had a penis that did pelvic thrusts to shoot it's thingie. That alone makes it an awesome movie. no expression

If that is one of the reasons you thought it was better than the first, then it doesn't surprise me at all.

No. I liked it more because it had better effects, more explosions, better story, more Transformer conflict, and it had Megan Fox running in slow mo. DUH!

Can you answer this question? How in the hell did they walk through a wall at the air and space museum in Washington and end up at the bone yard in Arizona??

WTF are you talking about? lol

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

When they got Jetfire at the air and space museum in washington close to dulles airport, he walks through the wall and all of a sudden he is among a bunch of planes in rows, that is the bone yard which is in arizona. how did that work?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:14 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
You'll explaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain them to me....? Well its nice to see that you got your merit badge for condescension.

You woman.

You misinterpreted what I posted and assumed it meant something negative.

Don't you think there was another way to interpret that a little more positive? I told you your points had partial merit, because they really did make good points...but some points were flawed. Explaining my reasons behind some of your points is hardly new to the internet...you just misinterpreted what I meant.

To be cool/nice, I apologize for how that came out. In my insults to you, I try to keep it direct. Calling you poopy head, stupid, etc.

Heres why that tone was horrifically undue:

Dude, try a tad harder to look for a more positive interpretation of a post instead of assuming the worst.

1) You dont need loads. Just one.
Jetfire could have flown them.
And thats why they coulda hid it in the pyramid like the sun weapon, duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....! wink

Heheheheeee

But didn't you just say he didn't have the ability to fly.

At the least, he was low on energy. Using a space bridge would certainly save him energy, right?

And, no, he couldn't have flown them. There was Bumblebee, the twins, Sam, and Micaela. Quite a load to go at super sonic speeds, don't you think?

You have no logical ground to assume that it requires more energy to teleport than it does to fly. In fact, it can only be assumed that it cost much less energy to teleport..whether it was a space bridge or his own technology, we can ONLY conclude that it required less energy.

2) They'd use it if it was blackbird.

See my above point.

Also, they were low on time. They had to get there first.

Furthermore, even if it DID require more energy, it was a risk he would have rather taken...trying to get them there faster.

3) True, but you just explained why Soundwave neednt be in orbit, is all.

I'm confused. Why does he not need to be in orbit again? I thought he was there to avoid a conflict with the Autobots...right?

What does you point have to do with mine? And before you misinterpret that question as condescension, I am being serious and I am asking because your point is going over my head.

4) Who am to judge them..? An audience member? Long time fan of TFS? Take your pick.

How does that contradict my point?

Additionally, are you assuming their technologies were developed in the same way ours are? There is probably some alien species out there who would deem us immature because we are still using fossil fuels after hundreds of years...when there is a perfectly good star available for energy. They may have developed solar technology, first, or something, and be thoroughly confused as to why we use fossil fuels, still.

5) well there was no physical portal there.
The spacebridge was a totally different thing in the comics dude. There was a bridge that opened its own portal. smile

This movie isn't based on just the comics, though.

And if some fans are calling it a space bridge...then the only thing left to do is get clarification from one of the writers on their intentions with that.

6) Again you make a compelling argument for mass shifting, then, if you embrace the we cant judge their tech angle by our own science knowledge..

Maybe. But the cube, AKA Allspark, did mass shift....or did it? It could have been REALLY light?smile No one said it weight a lot. No one said it weight a little. It didn't need massive supports, did it?

And, no, I don't see any mass shifting in the transformers, at all. I see more spaces and gaps when they go into their base forms And their transformed form is quite heavy.

We can go into a mass discussion if you'd like.

What you talking about in "mass shifting". Tell me what, specifically, you are referring to.

7) If its so easy and takes so little energy, then you do it..
If you're half as smart as you seem to think you are sometimes, you should be able to build the tech to do it too, since you so arrogantly go at it over the abilities of their shit....... I'll expect it your work handed in on Monday morning.

So, you've failed to contradict my point. I'm fine with personal attacks, but actually contradict the point in order to have a discussion. smile

You poopy pants., you! mad

Now I wasn't gonna say this, but that condesceding opening demanded it:

As Soundwave would say...
"Sadakoooooooooo Superiorrrrrrrrrrr, Dudedamon Infeerrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" stick out tongue

I don't care if you make fun of me. I find the above insult humorous in a nerdy kind of way...because we both like Transformers. big grin

Now answer me this: Why If they are so evolved, and they are robotic, do they now have testicles, and like pissing on and shagging humans...?

1. That wasn't testicles. It was wrecking balls..residule left overs from the transformed form. smile

2. It wasn't pissing. It was Bumblebee's attempt at insulting a human based on his interpretation of what a major insult against humas would be, while not being able to speak. It was also a mixture of Bumblebee's own personality into that "human insult". big grin

3. The little transformer was humping Micaela for to reasons:
a. It was also his interpretation of what "showing your like" for a human is.
b. IT'S MEGAN EFFIN' FOX, DUDE!!!1!!1! laughing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

When they got Jetfire at the air and space museum in washington close to dulles airport, he walks through the wall and all of a sudden he is among a bunch of planes in rows, that is the bone yard which is in arizona. how did that work?

OH!

LOL.

It's called.....the director or someone wanted those planes in the next scene and hoped that most people didn't know that it was in an entirely different state...and that's true. Most people won't notice that as they have no idea. Also, how do you know that in that world, the boneyard isn't there at the museum? smile

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:45 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by dadudemon
OH!

LOL.

It's called.....the director or someone wanted those planes in the next scene and hoped that most people didn't know that it was in an entirely different state...and that's true. Most people won't notice that as they have no idea. Also, how do you know that in that world, the boneyard isn't there at the museum? smile

In what world?? it takes place on EARTH! Google map it and take a look
there is no grave yard there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&...mp;iwstate1=dir

this is the grave yard in arizona.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.1...spn=0,0&t=k

If they had said some fictional museum somewhere then it would of been ok but as soon as you say smithonian air and space museum in washington, then you are bound to that. therefore it is a stupid move on the directors, and writers.
Guaranteed the majority of the viewers from washington will know this.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 12:31 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

I liked it.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 03:22 AM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

In what world?? it takes place on EARTH! Google map it and take a look
there is no grave yard there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&...mp;iwstate1=dir

this is the grave yard in arizona.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.1...spn=0,0&t=k

If they had said some fictional museum somewhere then it would of been ok but as soon as you say smithonian air and space museum in washington, then you are bound to that. therefore it is a stupid move on the directors, and writers.
Guaranteed the majority of the viewers from washington will know this.

I guess you're not familiar with the concept that some movies take place in alternate realites with similar Earths that have a few dfiferences.

Look up "Earth 616" and see what you get. smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 12:43 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

What's all this bitching about the space bridge? I thought it was made incredibly clear that Jetfire was worn down physically due to the length of time he went without maintenance. How long was he there? Like 67,000 years? Moving parts always wear out faster than non-moving parts and if he still had that level of movement after that long I can only imagine how long his non-moving components, like the parts that let you teleport, would last.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:03 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I guess you're not familiar with the concept that some movies take place in alternate realites with similar Earths that have a few dfiferences.

Look up "Earth 616" and see what you get. smile

Are you frigin serious??? That is a crock. It takes place on OUR EARTH no alternate realities or universes. If that is what you need to do to make this piece of crap movie work then go for it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:54 AM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
What's all this bitching about the space bridge? I thought it was made incredibly clear that Jetfire was worn down physically due to the length of time he went without maintenance. How long was he there? Like 67,000 years? Moving parts always wear out faster than non-moving parts and if he still had that level of movement after that long I can only imagine how long his non-moving components, like the parts that let you teleport, would last.

We did see him fly for 3 seconds at the end, but they should of done it so he didn't have to use the dumb ass portal and just fly. it was a waste of vehicle.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:56 AM
dadudemon

Are you frigin serious??? That is a crock. It takes place on OUR EARTH no alternate realities or universes. If that is what you need to do to make this piece of crap movie work then go for it.

No it most certainly does NOT take place on our Earth. smile

It's obviously a different Earth with a few minor differences...such as the bone yard's location, a 9000 fathom deep trench (when it is close to 6000), etc.

smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 02:28 AM
darthmaul1

Give me some of that crack that you are smoking!!!
What ever makes u sleep at night

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 02:45 AM
dadudemon

Give me some of that crack that you are smoking!!!
What ever makes u sleep at night

Do you read comics or watch Star Trek?

Because that's the crack I'm smokin'. no expression

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 02:57 AM
darthmaul1

Of course i watch Star Trek, why what does that have to do with it?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 03:12 AM
dadudemon

Of course i watch Star Trek, why what does that have to do with it?

It speaks for itself, for all "intense" and purposes.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

You assume they arent moving parts.

And growing metal beards are dumb.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:40 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

No it most certainly does NOT take place on our Earth. smile

It's obviously a different Earth with a few minor differences...such as the bone yard's location, a 9000 fathom deep trench (when it is close to 6000), etc.

smile

laughing out loud

That WAS funny, and wolud be a way to reconcileall of Bay's failings to pay attention to what he is doing, but admit it, hes got you there.

9/11? The strokes T-shirt? The models of cars etc The comments on the economy that Sam made....President Obama....The numerous other pop culture references throughout...? Its blatantly meant to be our universe.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:44 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

You could really go either way with that. The Transformers also never existed as a toy series in the movie. Also, many of the discrepancies can be solved if you take into consideration it's a movie and not the Bible.
We did see him fly for 3 seconds at the end, but they should of done it so he didn't have to use the dumb ass portal and just fly. it was a waste of vehicle.

That would have taken forever.

You assume they arent moving parts.

And growing metal beards are dumb.

Outside of Stargate I've never seen a teleportation device involve moving parts. And I've never seen a character with the ability to teleport that required movement. Also, it looked pretty energy based judging from how much energy came off him while he was doing it, and the sound of stuff charging up.

And you assume he grew a beard instead of just having that stupid stuff hanging off his face to begin with. The fallen had it too, from the beginning, except he didn't have any vertical ones. I thought the face spikes were dumb on both of them but I guess on the fallen it resembled the headdresses Egyptian kings used to wear.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:17 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

laughing out loud

That WAS funny, and wolud be a way to reconcileall of Bay's failings to pay attention to what he is doing, but admit it, hes got you there.

It's more jest than seriouness because there's no way in the world to explain Bay's huge **** ups like knowingly putting the boneyard outside of the DC Museum, or mistating the trench as 9000 fathoms when a google search would have netted him or others 5 seconds total of research. no expression

9/11? The strokes T-shirt? The models of cars etc The comments on the economy that Sam made....President Obama....The numerous other pop culture references throughout...? Its blatantly meant to be our universe.

NOPE! There's obviously another Earth out there in the multiverse that has several things in common with our own.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 03:31 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Well here is my opinion if anyone cares...

I thought this was a pretty good movie. Some boring scenes were stretched out a little too long which ended up making the movie seem really long and boring.

Prime was dead too long but that fight scene was badass.

Starscream was back to being starscream smile ( A ***** ) hahaha. Loved it. He's still a badass

i think they overdid it with the jokes... when i saw the first transformers the first time it was way better than seeing this second one the first time.

Although I'd rather watch the second one again.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 04:57 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote