KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

I'm going to put an end to this once and for all
Transformers like Star Trek takes place in our world not some alternate reality, unless Star Trek is dealing with the mirror universe(alternate universe)
And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:48 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's more jest than seriouness because there's no way in the world to explain Bay's huge **** ups like knowingly putting the boneyard outside of the DC Museum, or mistating the trench as 9000 fathoms when a google search would have netted him or others 5 seconds total of research. no expression

NOPE! There's obviously another Earth out there in the multiverse that has several things in common with our own.

Indeed.

NOPE! There was no mutliverse in the plot. So nyahhhhh. stick out tongue

wink

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:46 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well here is my opinion if anyone cares...

I thought this was a pretty good movie. Some boring scenes were stretched out a little too long which ended up making the movie seem really long and boring.

Prime was dead too long but that fight scene was badass.

Starscream was back to being starscream smile ( A ***** ) hahaha. Loved it. He's still a badass

i think they overdid it with the jokes... when i saw the first transformers the first time it was way better than seeing this second one the first time.

Although I'd rather watch the second one again.

A good appraisal.

Worth the seeing... yes

I did like the Starsceam character portrayal.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Transformers like Star Trek takes place in our world not some alternate reality, unless Star Trek is dealing with the mirror universe(alternate universe)
And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Not necessarily.

There are theories in physics (M Theory and String Theory) which state alternate/parallel universes might exist outside of our own. One theory even suggests there are an infinite number of universes with every possible outcome imaginable.

So, if we let our minds go a little bit, this Transformers movie universe could poosibly exist outside our universe.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:57 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I didn't look up the g-forces, but getting from the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to Cairo, Egypt would take almost 10 hours going at mach 4. It may be safe for a robot to travel at higher speeds but I'm pretty sure a human shouldn't be going so fast for so long. This is assuming his engines were in a condition to fly more than a few miles.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:06 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by dadudemon

You have no logical ground to assume that it requires more energy to teleport than it does to fly. In fact, it can only be assumed that it cost much less energy to teleport..whether it was a space bridge or his own technology, we can ONLY conclude that it required less energy.

Furthermore, even if it DID require more energy, it was a risk he would have rather taken...trying to get them there faster.

I agree with almost everything you've been saying on this thread...except for you comments above.

Why, in your opinion, would it cost more energy to fly, when we don't even know which scientific method is best suited for teleporting actual atoms?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:17 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I didn't look up the g-forces, but getting from the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to Cairo, Egypt would take almost 10 hours going at mach 4. It may be safe for a robot to travel at higher speeds but I'm pretty sure a human shouldn't be going so fast for so long. This is assuming his engines were in a condition to fly more than a few miles.

I don't know how accurate that is.

Egypt is roughly 6,000 miles away from the eastern coast of the U.S

Mach 4 is rougly 3,040 miles per hour.

That's a little under two hours.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:34 PM
Squirrel Fart

Cant people just watch movie as is and stop picking out flaw every freaking time. Its a damn popcorn flick, its not supposed to have some great plot or accurate places.

Just stfu and enjoy the movie as is.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A good appraisal.

Worth the seeing... yes

I did like the Starsceam character portrayal.

Yeah loved his end line as well, pure starscream.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:40 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh about the "Not that it would be cowardice..." (Backhandedly calling Megatron a coward.) etc

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:50 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by nimbus006
I don't know how accurate that is.

Egypt is roughly 6,000 miles away from the eastern coast of the U.S

Mach 4 is rougly 3,040 miles per hour.

That's a little under two hours.

My bad, it was a "s" and not a "h"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:22 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Not necessarily.

There are theories in physics (M Theory and String Theory) which state alternate/parallel universes might exist outside of our own. One theory even suggests there are an infinite number of universes with every possible outcome imaginable.

So, if we let our minds go a little bit, this Transformers movie universe could poosibly exist outside our universe.

In this movie there is no alternate universe or timeline!!!! Granted they can exist but in this movie no frigin way, there isn't even any reference to it. and if that is what people need to do to make this crappy movie work then go for it.
Granted a lot of movies out there you need to let your mind go when you see them which is fine, (example shoot em'up) but the mistakes and errors and the way this movie was put together with the mind numbing explosions after explosion made it bad.
Believe me my mind was let go when i went in and it still sucked.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:15 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
My bad, it was a "s" and not a "h"

I'm sorry but what did you mess up on?
Thanks for the laugh though when i read your post stating it would take 10hours to get there, i nearly fell out of my chair. Maybe in a hot air balloon smile
Even when the concord was flying it could leave at the same time from paris to boston and a 747 in boston going to paris the concord arrived in boston, fuled and took on passangers and flew back to paris and arrived 30min before the 747. so your 10 hours at mach 4 made me laugh

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:29 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'm sorry but what did you mess up on?
Thanks for the laugh though when i read your post stating it would take 10hours to get there, i nearly fell out of my chair. Maybe in a hot air balloon smile
Even when the concord was flying it could leave at the same time from paris to boston and a 747 in boston going to paris the concord arrived in boston, fuled and took on passangers and flew back to paris and arrived 30min before the 747. so your 10 hours at mach 4 made me laugh

I read the mp/s as mp/h. Because I was being lazy and using google and it says in big letters "(mach 4) mph =" so I just looked at the number.

As a person who posts often at the comic book forum versus forum, I probably should have noticed it was off. Still, 2 hours is a lot of time and teleporting is way cooler than everyone flying everywhere. When both the Fallen and Jetfire did it to appear into battle both times I was like "OH ****, I FORGOT THEY COULD DO THAT! AWESOME"

Also, if that was "nearly fell out of my chair" funny I have this book of knock knock jokes you should read.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I just finished watching this movie. After hearing all of the negative reviews on the movie i have to say that i was quite impressed with the film. I really don't know why people are so hard on this flick. If you are or ever have been a fan of Transformers you should like, Revenge of the Fallen. It is essentially a live action cartoon. The story, spirit and characters were handled with more care in the sequel. Everything about the movie felt very close to it's source material.

All of the problems that i had with the first movie were addressed and changed for the sequel. I NEVER had a problem distinguishing which Autobot was on screen. All of the action sequences involving the Autobots were filmed on a much wider and clear scale. I did mix up the decepticons a few times because some of them were still very similar in color but that didnt matter at all because their the bad guys. You only need to be able to recognize the Autobots and Megatron.

I've heard people complaining that the movie is to long and that there are very little transformers in the movie. Whom ever says this was not watching the same movie i was. There are ALWAYS Transformers on screen. I think for the most part, this was a perfect sequel. I'm not saying it's a perfect movie, not by any means, but as far as sequels go it did everything right. The only real problem i had with the movie was the ending. I felt as though a few aspects of the story near the end of the movie were VERY VERY contrived, even for a summer blockbuster. The crap with Optimus and Sam was just goofy and cheap but hey, it's a transformers movie and i had great fun with the rest of the film, so i can look past that.

Do not go see this movie if you're expecting anything other than giant robots mashing the shit out of each other. Also, if you did go see this movie while hoping to see giant robots mashing the shit out of each other and was unsatisfied, tell me...,why, what more were you hoping for?

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 02:17 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 02:14 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Read the rest of the comments from the beginning and you'll know why more people hated it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 03:21 AM
dadudemon

I agree with almost everything you've been saying on this thread...except for you comments above.

Why, in your opinion, would it cost more energy to fly, when we don't even know which scientific method is best suited for teleporting actual atoms?

Simple.

He was low on energy.

Flying through physical space costs a lot less energy than going through a portal that bends space and time. It's like walking instead of running as fast as you can...that's the whole point of using wormholes for FTL travel. In "linear" space, it would take more than an infinite amount of energy to travel faster than the speed of light.

Use up a shitload of energy to fly a long distance, or use a teleportation that obviously used less energy.

If it wasn't the lesser energy choice, why did he do it? And if he didn't care, as I pointed out before, that it used up more energy, then that is obviously to save as much time as possible because saving an entire planet with billions of organisms is better than a Transformer that will go back into shutdown mode because he ran out of energy again.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:13 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

There are many alternate universes in Star Trek. In one episode of Voyager, they went through like, 7. no expression

It only makes sense that it is not our universe. Here's why: none of those markings exist, Transformers didn't happen, etc.

smile

You have to pretend. smile

And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built

No.

There are many others that were faster. smile

and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Indeed. They were full of energy...not about to keel over. smile

And.... smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:39 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

im with saddo all the way,, this movie was a piece of shitt!! bullet fire knocking around deceptacons. One blast from megatrons cannon should of been able to destroy that whole camp. what was with that mega mega transformer he had no purpose the testical joke was just lame. it had its perks i must admit but over all the movie was jackshitt! The idea of the Motor bike transformers was really ****ing awesome, didnt get the screen time they deserve. instead they gave it to 2 thug life wanna be autobots that were just idiots. The deceptacon that changes its mind and chooses to be an autobot (freakin crap attack). Should of just made Megatron as a school kid girl, No way near as powerful as he was in the first one, they changed him from evil to dikhead. The Fights were friggen shocking!! The very first fight were he splits the car in 2 was Awesome! but than somehow it all dissapeared. load of shhttt

Last edited by SuperkatmanX on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 01:51 PM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
im with saddo all the way,, this movie was a piece of shitt!! bullet fire knocking around deceptacons. One blast from megatrons cannon should of been able to destroy that whole camp. what was with that mega mega transformer he had no purpose the testical joke was just lame. it had its perks i must admit but over all the movie was jackshitt! The idea of the Motor bike transformers was really ****ing awesome, didnt get the screen time they deserve. instead they gave it to 2 thug life wanna be autobots that were just idiots. The deceptacon that changes its mind and chooses to be an autobot (freakin crap attack). Should of just made Megatron as a school kid girl, No way near as powerful as he was in the first one, they changed him from evil to dikhead. The Fights were friggen shocking!! The very first fight were he splits the car in 2 was Awesome! but than somehow it all dissapeared. load of shhttt

Ditto, the first 10min, minus the fallen crap at the beginning were great and reminded me of the first film. After that it sucked.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:13 PM