KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots

Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots
Started by: K-9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jcvaldez

Re: Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K-9
sad

Because Michael Bay is a hack of a director and he has the mental capabilities of an immature 13 yr old boy. So being such, he thought it would have been funny and didn't think of it being offensive to some people.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:32 AM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by nimbus006
Personally, I didn't care for them much.

However, my nephew thought they were hilarious.

I believe they were added for a younger audience as comedic relief.

They were in no way racist.

That's pretty much it. Michael Bay, the writers, the producers, the animators & voice actors - they have no other agenda other than to make an entertaining film. Bay has worked repeatedly with Will Smith & Martin Lawrence, and I've never heard of any troubles with Tyrese Gibson or Cuba Gooding in the past - he's no racist. I know the large group of kids I watched it with in the theatre giggled & laughed at Skids & Mudflap's buffoonery. At the end of the day, they are NOT BLACK; THEY ARE ALIENS. Now like Jazz, they're developed a liking for what they see as hip culture and have modeled themselves on such to 'blend in better' with earthlings, I guess. They may sound like a couple of gangsta fools from South Central, but they're still heroic & get the job done when called upon.
When I was a kid in the 1980's, I didn't watch Transformers and think Jazz & Blaster were ghetto stereotypes - I just thought they were cool characters, and I liked Scatman Crothers voice work. But now we're at the stage in society where Porky Pig & Speedy Gonzales are politically incorrect, and films like 'Tropic Thunder' get flak for supposedly making fun of the retarded.
Sure, the film could have been fine without those characters acting like that. But it's not the problem the media is making it to be.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 05:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Eh I wasn't a big fan. I was reminded of Jar Jar... However, they were better than the robot humping action and the thong shot.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 06:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Originally posted by ares834
Eh I wasn't a big fan. I was reminded of Jar Jar... However, they were better than the robot humping action and the thong shot.

I agree. The Twins were funny and it wasn't racist.

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 08:22 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

agreed the i liked the twins they were funny.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 04:46 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Why would Bay see any of this coming... He wanted to have some comic relief in this film and he achieved that with these characters.

he should have seen this coming because some black people can be VERY touchy about these things. that's why. it stupid and dumb and narrowminded but that's how they are.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 09:25 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by ares834

Wheelie's always been an annoying little shit, ever since the The Animated Movie. I did think it was clever to bring him back, though.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 09:39 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The twins were fvcking annoying as hell and they occupied WAY too much screen time. I swear, they were on screen more than Optimus; that pissed me off. Whenever they said anything, it was like I could feel myself losing brain cells. I looked over to my friend whenever something extremely moronic was said in the film and we both just shook our heads as if to say "did they really think this was a good idea?" Needless to say, we were doing that for the majority of the film. What a piece of dumb, glossy, explosiony garbage this movie was!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 04:54 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

You know, for all the bad ink generated by so many critics over this 'issue', where is Al Sharpton & the NAACP? They're usually all over these things like hair on a cat. (I don't remember them going after George Lucas for Jar Jar Binks, either.)
But when a movie like 'Bruno' gets criticized by GLAAD for gay stereotypes, those same critics blasting ROTF - like Peter Travers of Rolling Stone - are heaping praise on Sacha Baron Cohen and his 'comedic genius.'
Do I sense hypocrisy?
I remember the days when Italian American lobby groups would attack films like 'Goodfellas' , calling it a smear on their culture, but most critics hail it as the Best Film Of The Year. So what is their agenda, really?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Hey humans have ghetto's...so do transformers, it's to show that the transformers are kinda like humans in that they have different kinda races smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:46 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote